What's new

Cops shut down dance party in Lahore after cleric's threat

How do you define a molvi? Just someone with beard? National dress?

Curious question
A dogmatic person who want everyone around him to live like him.A person who lack tolerance and have little respect for an another person opinion.
May be i am wrong but what i wrote above is my personal observation so far.

Is Pakistan a facist republic where state law enforcement is used to control people living down to minute level?

A dogmatic person who want everyone around him to live like him.A person who lack tolerance and have little respect for an another person opinion.
May be i am wrong but what i wrote above is my personal observation so far.

That can be anyone. Doesn't have to have a specific name.
Use the term political mullah.
Maulvi is a revered term so don't abuse it cynically. Doesn't help your cause and lead others into stereotyping you.

Just my observation so far.

It's amazing how people are openly not caring about drug abuse and alcohol. Nations are regressive when these thing become normal. Alcohol and drugs don't bring progress.

At the same time it's a shame how these mullahs who probably do other things that Islam condemns see themselves as higher people.

There is no concept any where in the world that implementing Islamic laws is seen as noble. Furthermore, at the same time the nation flourishes.

It's pathetic that you can't point to ONE example to a non-Muslim and say: "this nation has implemented laws based on the Quran and sunnah and look how it is flourishing."

Pakistan had the right ingredients but due to internal conflicts it was inhibited.

Allama and Quaid-E-Azam wanted Pakistan to be used as an example so the rest of the Muslim world could gain inspiration from us. Now look, wide spread drug/alcohol abuse, corruption, secular tools and mullahs that don't even know their shit.

Cops should arrest the cleric for making threats and shame him even more for having a superiority complex.

Tbh even as a "libtard" i see two sides to this story. Since the place was legally rented and all nobody had the right to complain but the thing is, any person who knows people from this social circle knows what happens at these parties. Alcohol is rampant and there have been several cases of people overdosing and dying on drugs on these parties. Pick any part of the world and these things are considered illegal , so its not so much so a question of religion or maulv sahab having a personal agenda with this scene but these things do need to be looked upon and stopped. Because as much as extremism is a poison to our current generation , this is almost as worse because its normalising alot of stuff that shouldnt be taken too easily.

That can be anyone. Doesn't have to have a specific name.
Use the term political mullah.
Maulvi is a revered term so don't abuse it cynically. Doesn't help your cause and lead others into stereotyping you.

Just my observation so far.
Not just political molvi every molvi lacks tolerance.
You seem to belong to some molvi family but five fingers are not equal .Sorry i dont,t mean to offend but molvis in general are as good as shit for this country.

Not just political molvi every molvi lacks tolerance.
You seem to belong to some molvi family but five fingers are not equal .Sorry i dont,t mean to offend but molvis in general are as good as shit for this country.

That means anyone who has religious tendencies is a mullah as good as shit?

You do know Biomass is a good fuel and environmental friendly as well.

That means anyone who has religious tendencies is a mullah as good as shit?

You do know Biomass is a good fuel and environmental friendly as well.
Listen buddy you are clearly defending the mullah fraternity now.
If you are a kind of mullah who minds his own business. Restrict his ideologies to himself,respect other peoples ideologies and don,t force his beliefs on others or don,t want others to live like him then i have no problem with you.

Listen buddy you are clearly defending the mullah fraternity now.
If you are a kind of mullah who minds his own business. Restrict his ideologies to himself,respect other peoples ideologies and don,t force his beliefs on others or don,t want others to live like him then i have no problem with you.

I think its unfair if you put all maulvis in the same boat. I know several maulvis who if dont agree they atleast have the patience to listen and hold a meaningful debate, and personally even if all of them had a bad ideology we shouldnt care because the coin has two sides and they should have the right to think whatever they want as long as it isnt imposed on anyone else. The only problem I see is when they force these ideas into the law where it doesnt belong at all.

I think its unfair if you put all maulvis in the same boat. I know several maulvis who if dont agree they atleast have the patience to listen and hold a meaningful debate, and personally even if all of them had a bad ideology we shouldnt care because the coin has two sides and they should have the right to think whatever they want as long as it isnt imposed on anyone else. The only problem I see is when they force these ideas into the law where it doesnt belong at all.
Exactly. Molvis aren't good or bad. Like everyone else, they are just people. "Good cleric, bad cleric" works for me.

That,s what i said buddy.I don,t care what they think as long as they don't shove their beliefs down my throat.

That,s why a educated Pakistan means less radicalism and mullahs will be a dark part of history
I don't know about that, you will have posh "mullahs" in the upper class of the society as well, what needs to be is a separation between State and Religion, and a proper system which makes sure that the two never entwine ever again. The thing is, the so-called "mullahs" are at a disbelief that they are being pushed off from the driving seat of this nation, hence you see them wreak havoc and that is primarily our fault, we let them on the driving seat in the first place. Look at KSA, strictly religious, but not one cleric dares to call a prince a degenerate for their lewd actions (drinking, adultery etc), because there are laws which enforce a system which regulate the supremacy of the Saudi crown. ( I know it's a very poor example).
You need fire to fight with fire, give them a taste of their own medicine.

Exactly. Molvis aren't good or bad. Like everyone else, they are just people. "Good cleric, bad cleric" works for me.
Here's the problem, you can't have a "bad cleric", in fact, you can't afford to have a "bad cleric", heck "bad cleric" is an oxymoron as far as the State is concerned. A bad cleric is not a cleric anymore, he is then a threat, and threats need to be dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom