What's new

Video: Lahore woman tortured after refusing to dance in front of husband's friends.

Nop They don't try to see Background of Slogans
Our Society is like Sheep , they follow public perception.

To make them understand your part of story
One must have to present the issue adequately
The protest in the west is not gonna sell here in Pakistan

The norms are different , culture is different.
Instead of absurd ( Frustrated & Tainted ) presentation.
If this protest was made by referring the quotes from Islam and Hadith
Masses of society would have appreciated and got concerned about.

Margin is thin difference , but makes huge impact.
I have tried to explain above same words with different meanings
with different prospective.

It matters a lot how you convince and provide awareness to general public
by your protest.
Instead of receiving LaanTaan on your serious issues form the masses of society.
I assure you, if they had used Islam and Hadith
they would be declared blasphemers for misusing Islam
because it all boils down to the male ego, not the society and not religion

This is what happens when you marry perverted folk who live and die for this world, and when you marry them for worldly reasons and gains and never check their link with their Creator. But then again, to check that you have to be a righeous soul yourself.
She should have gone for a divorce the first time this person asked her to do this stupidity.
It was obvious the guy was a pervert and who knows what else he might have been sharing of her with his fellows.

Pakistani mentality which is reinforced by Islam? Or mentality of ignorants and their culture which wrongly gets linked to Islam? Or that of the ignorant monkeys who call themsleves Muslims and are yet far away from being anything close to a Muslim and just because they have some education they think they are some Einsteins and yet are the most ignorant and what some of us refer to us Educated Jahil awam of my country.
Do you have any idea what Islam has to say about the issues or have ever tried to do some research instead of taking hints from ignorant mullahs and taking their words on it?

Ignorance is definitely a bliss when it comes to folk like you, atleast save me from reading your ignorance and know what you are writing about before spewing it out when you have access to all information these days.
And if you read the comments, not a single person has written what you tried to project on the people out of your stupid mentality.

Here is some education for you if you wish to enlighten your empty mind for a bit...

Ignorant brains lacking in IQ are always loud, they project their mentality on to others and think everyone thinks in a certain way and yet its only them. But it takes courage to look at ones own darker self, weaklings are too afraid to walk that path...

Oh well.
You are the sort who needs videos and mullahs to tell you whats right or wrong.
And need videos of demostrations, yet I am the one with low IQ.

Ah well.
I guess you did describe the molvis there.
So I tend to agree with you with most of the stuff.

That is not Islam ... islam is present in quran and hadith and the same Amma Ayesha RA to which he was referring has fought battles and was a teacher, teaching both women and man however veil is the requirement ...

People should understand islam before commenting on it ...

Southasian culture has an impact of hindu culture, where women had no rights ... islam have given the highest rights to the women in the society ... i don't understand why people r concerned about the relationship between husband and wife where a husband has a superior position but on the same time why they don't mention that Husband has superior responsibilities as well ,.. A woman is primarily responsible to take care of family with love and care and to fulfill the household needs on the contrary husband is responsible to provide all the necessities of the life along with treating the family with love care and respect ..

Furthermore, why people dont talk about women as a mother where she is 3 times more respectable than father ... A woman is also a daughter where although they have equal rights but with much lesser responsibilities as compared to son ... A woman is also a sister where she has no responsibility towards the brother and all the responsibility to take care of his sister resides with brother ...

Do you want us to be a society where child dont knows the name of father ... what right do woman have in that society? In that society woman is like a tissue paper and marriage laws are so strict that man prefer to keep on living togahter without getting into legal marriages ,,, for first time in the world nations population are reducing as they are no more interested and giving birth and most of them die in old age homes ...

May Allah give us Hidayat and help us understand the true Islam

Didn't know you shared similar views.
Apologizes if I offended you with my initial comments.

I was taking a jab at those idiots who had the tendency to write similar things on like-wise threads.

Anyhow. Good day.

Its based on your understanding of crap ... and the reason of your lack of understanding of our culture and religion ...

For you veil is crap and restricting women for us it is respectful to women ... Most of our women do it willingly unlike the popular belief of west that it is a restriction of women ... No it is a choice of our women to please Allah as per our belief system but it never restrict them from education or persuing a career ...

One of the wife of our Prophet (SAW) bibi Aisha (R.A) had led war and adopted the profession of teaching but she remained in veil while doing this ...

Unfortunately west and your media always keep on focusing on a small minority who do not want to follow the teachings of Islam ... We can always find such people in every society ... Dont you have American who curse America as a tyrant country ?

Afghan and Middle Eastern societies are in general backward compared to Western, Chinese and even Indian/Buddhist societies.
A lot of the backwardness has to do with the poor status of women in society.

If woman accept their status willingly why do you need laws against driving ??

Not all of them are, that's just a western generalisation.
Plenty of western women are treated like crap too. I mean you guys just recently had the "me too" movement where the women got tired of being sexually assaulted in your society... and that's just one example.

the backwardness of Afghan/Arab society is a direct correlation to the status of women
it might be a generalisation. but it is a fact

first and foremost she should file for a divorce immediately
she should have taken the day he started abusing her
drag him in courts, dont let him show his face to the public ever again
this is the reason that people should be taught that divorce is not a bad thing, it is way better than remaining in an abusive relationship
First thing first. She badly need medical and physiological treatment so that she is mentally strong enough to fight for herself

Afghan and Middle Eastern societies are in general backward compared to Western, Chinese and even Indian/Buddhist societies.
A lot of the backwardness has to do with the poor status of women in society.

If woman accept their status willingly why do you need laws against driving ??

Why r u quoting just 1 country ... there r no laws against women driving in pakistan but you can rarely find woman driving in Pakistan ...

There r no laws on veil in Pakistan but woman do them willingly

Why r u quoting just 1 country ... there r no laws against women driving in pakistan but you can rarely find woman driving in Pakistan ...

There r no laws on veil in Pakistan but woman do them willingly

I am using it as an example. You made the point Saudi women accept these restrictions willingly. If they accept these restrictions willingly why do you have laws against it ?

so when are Muslims going to take a stand against forced conversion, forced marriages, rapes etc?
Muslims (including myself) are vocal against these practices as well.

Forced conversion = WRONG

Did Holy Prophet (PBUH) used swords to convert and/or issued threats to convert? Why is this even a question?

Forced marriage = FORBIDDEN

Parents/guardians should value 'consent' of their son or daughter in this matter.

Conversely, it is wrong for the son or daughter to run away from home and marry in courts, or in secret. Not a single verse in Holy Quran which encourage this practice per my knowledge.

"There is no blame upon you for that to which you [indirectly] allude concerning a proposal to women or for what you conceal within yourselves. Allah knows that you will have them in mind. But do not promise them secretly except for saying a proper saying. And do not determine to undertake a marriage contract until the decreed period reaches its end. And know that Allah knows what is within yourselves, so beware of Him. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing." - Surah Al-Baqarah, verse 235

Emphasis mine. Not acceptable to promise marriage to a woman in "secret." If you desire to marry one, then make your proposal formal, and the only way to do this is in the presence of her parents/guardians/brothers/sisters.

--

"O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good." - Surah An-Nisa, verse 19

Forced marriage of a woman is not acceptable, period.

--

"And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise." - Surah An-Nisa, verse 24

Not acceptable to desire an already married woman, period.

--

"And whoever among you cannot [find] the means to marry free, believing women, then [he may marry] from those whom your right hands possess of believing slave girls. And Allah is most knowing about your faith. You [believers] are of one another. So marry them with the permission of their people and give them their due compensation according to what is acceptable. [They should be] chaste, neither [of] those who commit unlawful intercourse randomly nor those who take [secret] lovers. But once they are sheltered in marriage, if they should commit adultery, then for them is half the punishment for free [unmarried] women. This [allowance] is for him among you who fears sin, but to be patient is better for you. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." - Surah An-Nisa, verse 25

Emphasis mine. Not acceptable to marry a woman without the consent of her family members.

In conclusion:-

[1] The custom of forced marriages is WRONG
[2] The practices of running away from homes and marrying in courts, or in secrecy, are also WRONG. Permission from the woman's family is advised.

Rape = FORBIDDEN (EVIL)

Refer to the UNLAWFUL SEXUAL INTERCOURSE part in the verse 24 of Surah An-Nisa above.

More;

"And do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way." - Surah Al-Isra, verse 32

--

"And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty." - Surah Al-Furqan, verse 68

Any questions?

the experiment went bad because apparently the dude had two faces, one to show to the world and the other to keep to himself. And I assure you mullahs tend to do the same. Did he follow "mera jism meri marzi" when he forced her to dance?
Yes, he is a two-faced man. However, why the woman [in question] ruined her first marriage for this man? Something is amiss.

here you go again criticizing liberalism and liberals, the PM of NZ was a liberal that is why she did for the Muslims what she did, the Civil Society of Pakistan took up the case of Shahzeb
apparently it was these "liberals" who blew up and killed people, right?
Do you really think that a Muslim man would request/force his wife to perform for his friends? Seriously now? Ever heard of the term 'cuckoldry'? This is a liberal custom.

Liberals = strong advocates of 'freedom of expression' and such (individual autonomy). Islamic teachings are largely irrelevant to these people. Liberalism is essentially, and evidently, politics of individualism.

So liberals cannot be EVIL? or crime-proof on average?

Last edited:
Muslims (including myself) are vocal against these practices as well.

Forced conversion = WRONG

Did Holy Prophet (PBUH) used swords to convert and/or issued threats to convert? Why is this even a question?

Forced marriage = FORBIDDEN

Parents/guardians should value 'consent' of their son or daughter in this matter.

Conversely, it is wrong for the son or daughter to run away from home and marry in courts, or in secret. Not a single verse in Holy Quran which encourage this practice per my knowledge.

"There is no blame upon you for that to which you [indirectly] allude concerning a proposal to women or for what you conceal within yourselves. Allah knows that you will have them in mind. But do not promise them secretly except for saying a proper saying. And do not determine to undertake a marriage contract until the decreed period reaches its end. And know that Allah knows what is within yourselves, so beware of Him. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing." - Surah Al-Baqarah, verse 235

Emphasis mine. Not acceptable to promise marriage to a woman in "secret." If you desire to marry one, then make your proposal formal, and the only way to do this is in the presence of her parents/guardians/brothers/sisters.

--

"O you who have believed, it is not lawful for you to inherit women by compulsion. And do not make difficulties for them in order to take [back] part of what you gave them unless they commit a clear immorality. And live with them in kindness. For if you dislike them - perhaps you dislike a thing and Allah makes therein much good." - Surah An-Nisa, verse 19

Forced marriage of a woman is not acceptable, period.

--

"And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse. So for whatever you enjoy [of marriage] from them, give them their due compensation as an obligation. And there is no blame upon you for what you mutually agree to beyond the obligation. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise." - Surah An-Nisa, verse 24

Not acceptable to desire an already married woman, period.

--

"And whoever among you cannot [find] the means to marry free, believing women, then [he may marry] from those whom your right hands possess of believing slave girls. And Allah is most knowing about your faith. You [believers] are of one another. So marry them with the permission of their people and give them their due compensation according to what is acceptable. [They should be] chaste, neither [of] those who commit unlawful intercourse randomly nor those who take [secret] lovers. But once they are sheltered in marriage, if they should commit adultery, then for them is half the punishment for free [unmarried] women. This [allowance] is for him among you who fears sin, but to be patient is better for you. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." - Surah An-Nisa, verse 25

Emphasis mine. Not acceptable to marry a woman without the consent of her family members.

In conclusion:-

[1] The custom of forced marriages is WRONG
[2] The practices of running away from homes and marrying in courts, or in secrecy, are also WRONG. Permission from the woman's family is advised.

Rape = FORBIDDEN (EVIL)

Refer to the UNLAWFUL SEXUAL INTERCOURSE part in the verse 24 of Surah An-Nisa above.

More;

"And do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way." - Surah Al-Isra, verse 32

--

"And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty." - Surah Al-Furqan, verse 68

Any questions?
how hard is it for you to understand that I am not talking about Islam
Islam is a beautiful religion that promises every right to Muslim men and women
if you were to read my post, I specifically referred to "Muslims". That does not equate to Islam. We muslim tend to ignore whatever wrongs are being done, it does not mean that Islam is at fault.
Yes, he is a two-faced man. However, why the woman [in question] ruined her first marriage for this man? Something is amiss.
what if she was already divorced?
Do you really think that a Muslim man would request/force his wife to perform for his friends? Seriously now? Ever heard of the term 'cuckoldry'? This is a liberal custom.

Liberals = strong advocates of 'freedom of expression' and such (individual autonomy). Islamic teachings are largely irrelevant to these people. Liberalism is essentially, and evidently, politics of individualism.

So liberals cannot be EVIL? or crime-proof on average?
liberals do not force anything on anyone, they let other people be
that man is not a liberal
he is a psycho
people have conveniently given the word "liberal" and "secular" some pretty evil meanings

yaar for people like him i kinda support Shariah Law punishments ..

First of all it is only her side of the story, woman can be real creative in story telling

I am using it as an example. You made the point Saudi women accept these restrictions willingly. If they accept these restrictions willingly why do you have laws against it ?
Why would i talk about saudia ? I m Pakistani and i m talking about Pakistan

jahan lok ye case seeda mullah lok ki ps leke jate...
Bhai ye sab krne wala mullah nhe parha likha jahil lahori desi liberal tha
on social media and streets they pretend to be epitome of women rights and feminism but in real life they are worse than mushriks of mecca when it comes to giving women their due right
who in their right would ask their lawfully wedded wife to dance infront of his Friend?

first and foremost she should file for a divorce immediately
she should have taken the day he started abusing her
drag him in courts, dont let him show his face to the public ever again
this is the reason that people should be taught that divorce is not a bad thing, it is way better than remaining in an abusive relationship

I would also like to listen to the other side before jumping the gun and start declaring fatwas!

It is beyond my comprehension how a normal person can do things that the woman claims he has done, and if she is truthful then her husband must be given an exemplary punishment ASAP.

The most fundamental problem in our country is that Justice, when actually served, is so late that it is equivalent to Justice denied.

Let me play the devil's advocate:

What was this woman's profession ?
If the husband demanded her to dance, this implies she knew how to dance.
This may not have been the only instance of dance request, what was the outcome of previous requests ?

Do they have any children ?

What was the role / position of relatives and friends in this case ?
Why didn't any relatives raise alarm over domestic abuse which she is claiming there was a history of ?

That's what I am thinking too, was it a random request or was she used to dancing at parties and at functions. And perhaps there is more to the alleged dancing request than is being revealed. Furthermore, it also should be determined whether the woman was abused or not because it is said that hell has no fury as a woman scorned.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom