What's new

Confirmed Pics of T-129 in different altitudes & climates in Pakistan

Considering the fact that both are pure bred attack helicopters and not multirole, means if inducted both will have the same role not different ones. I dont think our planners are dumb enough to induct two helicopters of the same role until there is a technological or proven capability gap between them like the one between AH-1Z and( Z-10 or T-129).

I agree, if there was a chance for blockage then our military wouldnt have tested them in the first place.
I have seriously started to believe that from MI-28 and Z-10 and T-129 we are going to select two platforms not just one. Things are moving towards that it seem.

The T-129 was designed for advanced high tech threats. Have a concern with regards to ballistic protection in terms of use for Pakistan where it will be facing low tech but very effective anti aircraft artillery and guns. Pakistan will more often be using Gunships for counter terrorism rather than tank busting so armor is very important. The AH-1s have on numerous occasions returned with damage from AAA and PA Mi-17s have armor plates installed near pilot seating.

The T-129 is an excellent package but I'm worried about its large glass windows. They must offer superior visibility compared to its competition but they also expose the whole pilot. Sure they will have resistance to bullets but armor platting is always more secure.

Can anyone post the protection level on windows for T-129. Did find cockpit armor is capable of withstanding 23mm for A-129 Mangusta, which should be similar for T-129.

For Z-10 according to wikipedia its glass can withstand 50 Caliber rounds. Cockpit armor should be even better.

Last edited:
:lol:
@Zarvan this is what you said some 5 pages ago.
I don't know but I am having a feeling that from Mi 28 and Z-10 and T-129 Pakistan is going to buy two of them which one can't say

5 pages and some 50-60 posts later, posts where so many different people tried to explain the demireits of such a deal and tried there best to explain what is actually happening and what makes much more sense and have some logical reason, here is what you have to add:
I have seriously started to believe that from MI-28 and Z-10 and T-129 we are going to select two platforms not just one. Things are moving towards that it seem.

Sir,, now if I say "jithay de khoti uthay aan kholati" i hope you will understand. I do not mean this as an offensive remark, It is just something i said based on these two posts and many more similar incidents. No matter all those facts presented your post shows your stance same without any really counter argument or remarks.

The level of your reasoning can be understood from this post
Than one more will come although I won't be shocked if other two also come. We are acting strange these days. Secondly Army Chief upcoming tour to Germany is also going to be interesting one because this is his second visit in his tenure.
It will be interesting because it is his second tour, period!!
For all those who do not know about the importance of second tours in a tenure.

At least come up with a reasonable explanation sir, PLEASE!! I beg you.

Can anyone please talk to him and explain that whatever i said is JUST to improve the quality of information that we share and gain from here. What is this? some sort of sarcasm?
@Irfan Baloch @araz @Dazzler @fatman17 @WAJsal @HRK @Slav Defence

I am extremely sorry Zarvan but i had to do this.

One day you would say Pakistan Army is going for Tigers...after all that is the only attack heli that is missing. News was there that Australia is considering replacing their.

The reason why Pakistan is looking for two different type is because India is going for two types LCH and Apache.
PA would like to counter them through Z-10 and ATAK 129 because ZULU might not be available in the future.

The T-129 was designed for advanced high tech threats. Have a concern with regards to ballistic protection in terms of use for Pakistan where it will be facing low tech but very effective anti aircraft artillery and guns. Pakistan will more often be using Gunships for counter terrorism rather than tank busting so armor is very important. The AH-1s have on numerous occasions returned with damage from AAA and PA Mi-17s have armor plates installed near pilot seating.

The T-129 is an excellent package but I'm worried about its large glass windows. They must offer superior visibility compared to its competition but they also expose the whole pilot. Sure they will have resistance to bullets but armor platting is always more secure.

Can anyone post the protection level on windows for T-129. Did find cockpit armor is capable of withstanding 23mm for A-129 Mangusta, which should be similar for T-129.

For Z-10 according to wikipedia its glass can withstand 50 Caliber rounds. Cockpit armor should be even better.

Whole body,rotors and also glasses are 12.7 mm aa bullet proof.

Glass thickness + addition body plates

ae8a7dbfa7f3dd4b286feb649d32e26e.png

Last edited:
Buying so many different types in such limited numbers is highly inefficient, I don't understand why so many are ignoring this fact. A duplication of training, spares, weapons etc etc with almost no commonality between them is just going to drain the PA's operational budget and lead to lower availability than fewer types with higher numbers.

Economies of scale chaps.
don't worry about it

The Indian curry doesn’t affect The Turkish leadership hence getting T-129 doesn’t affect “cash strapped” country like us. we are going to get everything its money worth AND some. this gunship will hunt down all the minions trained by the Monkey we captured recently.

While you are sucking yourself for making a smug remark about our money issue,
I would apologise in advance for choking you by saying that the curry effect has worn off from the Americans so the “cash strap” issue is no longer the case.

Congress rejects amendments to cut funds for Pakistan

635053570478010916ouzhouzhishengji2.jpg

Ideal platform for Long term for Western Front has the necessary tools to protect border and anti Terror operations

Z-10 is ideal for Eastern Frontier

Obviously both platform have upside of future enhancement

635053570478010916ouzhouzhishengji2.jpg

Ideal platform for Long term for Western Front has the necessary tools to protect border and anti Terror operations

Z-10 is ideal for Eastern Frontier

Obviously both platform have upside of future enhancement
Z-10 is ideal only if it comes with WZ-16 engine

Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has sent its T129 ATAK advanced attack and reconnaissance helicopter to Pakistan, at the request of the Pakistan Army Aviation Command (PAA).

f043e61f.JPG

The T129 was in Pakistan for two weeks in late May and flew in some of the country’s hottest and highest places as part of ongoing negotiations.

The PAA has been fighting terrorism in the Federally Administered Tribal Area (FATA) for the past ten years with the AH-1S Cobra, although the Vietnam-era helicopters were never designed to fight at the high altitudes of 16,000ft and above which they currently are.

The T129 ATAK helicopter was loaded into a cargo aircraft at TAI’s Ankara facility, where it took six technicians and a forklift truck just an hour to load the T129 into the Antonov.

After landing at the Multan International Airport, the T129 ATAK was transferred to the adjacent Army Aviation Base where it was made operational.

Following two hours of cockpit familiarisation training by TAI Flight School instructors and test pilots, the Pakistan Army Aviation test pilot was ready to fly.

During testing, the T129 ATAK flew to the highest and hottest areas in the Himalayas’s Pano Aquil, Chor region, where the temperatures were around 52˚c. It then flew to Quetta army air base, in the Balochistan desert, where the Pakistani army pilot conducted typical mission profiles.

A TAI source told Shephard: 'Several missions saw the helicopter loaded to 5,000 kg, its maximum take-off weight and flying at 14,000 ft in temperatures of around 23˚c. It flew both day and at night.

'Thanks to the identical dual-cockpit approach, a game changer we have introduced at TAI, Pakistani pilots had the opportunity to perform pilot and gunner roles, from both cockpits. It provided us at TAI with a really good opportunity to measure the T129’s performance, maintainability and sustainability in some very hot conditions.'

During ten days of flights, the T129 conducted over seven flights in three different locations, Multan, Pano Aquil and Quetta, totaling over 15 flight hours. The operations were carried out with two pilots, four technicians and one quality inspector.

To date, TAI has delivered 12 T129s to the Turkish Army – nine T129A (EDH) and three serial production T129Bs.

Next year, it is hoping to deliver 15-17 more to the end user. The Pakistan government almost ordered 15 T129s in 2008, but the plans were dropped in the wake of the massive floods that year.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/rotorhub/t129-hot-and-high-pakistan/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom