What's new

Compatible with the Rafale aircraft carriers with a springboard

Su-33 was offered for INS Vikramaditya, but it was discarded mainly because of it's outdated avionics, even Russia is going to phase out Su-33s in favor of Mig-29s, now what you'll say about that? :azn:

Russia is just piggy banking on our MiG-K orders, Russia would be able to buy them way cheaper than an upgraded Su-33. We paid for the upgrades, meaning they don't have to pay a single penny in upgrading the K(not the case with Su-33s). They always favoured Su-33s and were hoping that India would pay for the upgrades, but then we regected Su-33s for various reasons.

yes but for that we need too many cell phones to act like multistatic ( multiple receivers) :P because stealth tries to deflect signals which can be intercepted.

Number of cellphones doesn't matter, signal strength matters as the detection will be passive. I'm not a pro in electromagnetism, it's infact a weak point in my academic career. :frown:

Number of cellphones doesn't matter, signal strength matters as the detection will be passive. I'm not a pro in electromagnetism, it's infact a weak point in my academic career. :frown:

the problem is they do not have money to buy or produce multi static OTH radars, the cost comes out to be in billions for 1000km range. Can be put in awacs but still the cost will be as high as it is. So they are looking for a jugaad which will end up like kaveri having only 20, 30 kms range.

Why cellphones.. Can't we use mobile towers instead?

no cell phone no mobile towers, this creates distortion in normal communication. it has already happened in China. Plus a fault in transmitter or receiver will completely stop the functionality of radar. and normal communication will come to halt.

Why cellphones.. Can't we use mobile towers instead?

I meant signals emitted from mobile towers, subscribers doesn't matter.

no cell phone no mobile towers, this creates distortion in normal communication. it has already happened in China.

Detection is passive, won't cause interference in voice and data signals.

I meant signals emitted from mobile towers, subscribers doesn't matter.

Detection is passive, won't cause interference in voice and data signals.

but if there is a fault, whole radar will be nonfunctional and they should be near borders, normal communication can be intercepted too. so its risky.

but if there is a fault, whole radar will be nonfunctional and they should be near borders, normal communication can be intercepted too. so its risky.

If there's a fault, then the sensors has to be replaced. And such sensors comes quite cheap than conventional X-Band radars normally used.

And such GSM signal based radars won't be used in front-lines. These are just means on detecting stealth fighters intruding inside our territory.

And what interception of normal communications, sex chats between lovers has very little importance to the adversaries. :D

If there's a fault, then the sensors has to be replaced. And such sensors comes quite cheap than conventional X-Band radars normally used.

And such GSM signal based radars won't be used in front-lines. These are just means on detecting stealth fighters intruding inside our territory.

i agree but what's the use when they are already inside our territory? :P plus if we have specific radar system, it can give us a lot of information even on enemy convey movements, small planes such as cessna, enemy fleet, tides, can be used for tracking missiles, etc, etc. 4000kms away. entire china will be in range.

i agree but what's the use when they are already inside our territory? :P plus if we have specific radar system, it can give us a lot of information even on enemy convey movements, small planes such as cessna, enemy fleet, tides, can be used for tracking missiles, etc, etc. 4000kms away.

Just a countermeasure against stealth. Something is better than nothing, and such systems cannot be taken down by anti-radiation missiles. :whistle:

Just a countermeasure against stealth. Something is better than nothing, and such systems cannot be taken down by anti-radiation missiles. :whistle:

but their range will be less, i was thinking them to be beyond 1000km range atleast

90 Mig-29K are u sure... i thought total 45. Wow... with few LCA Indian navy will be very strong.
Even French navy has 18/20 Rafale for Multi-role and 35/40 Dassault Etendard for ground attack.
It's not confirmed but there can be something. An Indian defense fora published a news regarding this few days back but they were not sure on this. :confused:

Don't know much about the specification of J-15s, so won't be commenting on that. It can take on F-18 SH though. :D

3311328142_6843aac96f_z.jpg
Can any one tell me is there any possibility of IN MIG29 into something like F18 Growler?
Are we thinking on this because it can help in securing the CBG to a great extent.

Can any one tell me is there any possibility of IN MIG29 into something like F18 Growler?
Are we thinking on this because it can help in securing the CBG to a great extent.
Growlers provided we get source code and tot are ok, even we can buy them in huge nos like 5-6 squadrons . At the end of the day we should be able to link them with IAFs Mki,Mig29,Rafale and IN Mig29k . Atleast growler shouldnt jam them :what: and communicate , also we should make sure US wont have its kill switch . That happens only when we know source and assemble here .

Back
Top Bottom