What's new

Compatible with the Rafale aircraft carriers with a springboard

258953-06mig29kmain.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Which kind of weapons does this beauty carries??

DrSomnath999 is a big fan of Rafale, he is always in search of gems.
WELL RAFALE IS A GEM OF A FIGHTER

BTW if i had known rafale would be india's future fighter i assure i wouldnt have been a dentist :cry:instead a pilot :D

BUt ALASS
apun salla sirf fanboy hi rehe gaya
t2348.gif

WELL RAFALE IS A GEM OF A FIGHTER

BTW if i had known rafale would be india's future fighter i assure i wouldnt have been a dentist :cry:instead a pilot :D

BUt ALASS
apun salla sirf fanboy hi rehe gaya
t2348.gif

don't worry, I & other members of PDF will give a written appeal to the Dasault to make you the official brand ambassador of Rafale, after all you made the pitch for it in Indian internet circles.............:rofl::rofl:

fanboy to brand ambassador to India head of Dassault Rafale - "kya tareki hai doc!!"

Still it can out turn most of the fighter jets in service, don't forget Mig-29s was made to cope up with the threats coming from F-15s. And newer version of Mig-29s has higher level of composites, so the radar signature is far lower than it's counterparts, even below <1 Sq m.

And you're getting all these in a fighter jet priced below $50 million a piece.

I don't think the application of composites make the aircraft 'stealthier'. It just helps with weight reduction which in turn helps improve efficiency.

Also, composites make it costlier to operate.

N-FGFA should be explored since IAC-II will be started around 2017-2018...

Holy cow! There'd be a naval version? :confused:

I don't think the application of composites make the aircraft 'stealthier'. It just helps with weight reduction which in turn helps improve efficiency.

Ofcourse....................
Most True Multi Role fighters have Naval versions
Like-
Rafale M
Mig 29 K
Su 33
N-LCA
N-Eurofighter (conceptual)
N-AMCA (conceptual, but confirmed)
J 15 (of J11)
Su 25 K

Composites are less prone to weathering, thus less prone to maintenance and metal corrosion, and composites are very good di-electrics, which tends to absorb most of the radio waves incident on the surface, thus decreasing the RCS. And as it helps in weight reduction, another coating of RAM won't effect the weight of the aircraft.

Yes, it does makes the aircraft costly.

India ordered 18 Rafales in fly away condition of the total 126, i find this no. a little odd as a squadron is of 21 aircrafts, why left 3 aircrafts than??

Ofcourse....................
Most True Multi Role fighters have Naval versions
Like-
Rafale M
Mig 29 K
Su 33
N-LCA
N-Eurofighter (conceptual)
N-AMCA (conceptual, but confirmed)
J 15 (of J11)
Su 25 K

Su 25K is not a naval aircraft, it is the export variant of su 25 (which is definitely not multirole, btw).

Also, being multi-role has very little to do with the decision to navalise an aircraft. F-16 and mirages are far more "true multirole" than the earlier mig 29s, which were pure air superiority fighters. They don't have naval versions. Navalising a fighter is purely based on the needs of that country (or for exports), and of course, feasibility.

India ordered 18 Rafales in fly away condition of the total 126, i find this no. a little odd as a squadron is of 21 aircrafts, why left 3 aircrafts than??

A squadron in the IAF is 18 aircrafts - 16 operational, and 2 reserves. In the IN, I think a squadron is 16 aircrafts.

Su 25K is not a naval aircraft, it is the export variant of su 25 (which is definitely not multirole, btw).

Also, being multi-role has very little to do with the decision to navalise an aircraft. F-16 and mirages are far more "true multirole" than the earlier mig 29s, which were pure air superiority fighters. They don't have naval versions. Navalising a fighter is purely based on the needs of that country (or for exports), and of course, feasibility.

A squadron in the IAF is 18 aircrafts - 16 operational, and 2 reserves. In the IN, I think a squadron is 16 aircrafts.

nope a squadron is of 21 aircraft in IAF, 18 operational & 3 trainers that is why the total no. is 126 which is 6 squadrons.

check the export to India section here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Rafale#cite_note-84

it says India may buy additional 64 (3 squadrons).

:

Composites increase the price of manufacturing/buying the aircraft, but not of operating it. In the long run it makes it cheaper to operate, because of no corrossion, no cracks due to fatigue etc. And it definitely helps in lowering the RCS, because they do not reflect radar waves, like metals do.

nope a squadron is of 21 aircraft in IAF, 18 operational & 3 trainers that is why the total no. is 126 which is 6 squadrons.

126/18 = 7!

In BR's page for IAF's fleet strength, you can see that every squadron has 16 single seat fighters plus two trainers, except the MKI squadrons which have 16 dual seaters each. (All MKIs are dual seaters, so no trainers needed). I can't paste the full link here, but you would know how to get there:

http://www.bh****-ra*****.com/IAF/Units/Others/281-Fleet.html

Also, this newspaper report (and a lot of other ones too if you google) say that each squadron is 18-20 aircrafts:
IAF to have 42 combat aircraft squadrons

Yes... There will be a naval version and is one of the reason why IAC-II is being delayed . I expect IN placing an order of 4-6 E-2D around 2020 in addition to 50 N-FGFA...

If they dont give we will say , ab ghar chelo just like what we did when they offered F35 .

Nothing comes close to EA18G systems . It can even hide/secure 3-4 Su30mkis under its field .

The EA18G is one if not the only jet to get a radar missile lock and "kill" during training exercises on an F-22. It has more EW capability than an EA-6B Prowler and still carries almost a full load of AAM's and ASM's. It really is a remarkable fighter. 4-5 of these on IAC-1 and IAC-2 would be a huge addition. (along with fixed wing AEW on IAC-2)

Back
Top Bottom