What's new

Compatible with the Rafale aircraft carriers with a springboard

It would be better if it was NLCA...

Indian carrier with indian fighters.

One thing I don't understand is why we are even making a naval version of LCA. If successful it's still going to be the worst performing naval fighter in coming decades.
I feel that to be a good naval fighter you need to be in the medium weight category at least, it's the same as building a stealth fighter. Else how are you going to get enough range and payload from it. LCA has poor TWR which would be improved by the usage of F-414IN but NLCA would be heavier which again would lead to a non favorable TWR. Can the NLCA takeoff(unassisted) with a decent payload from our carriers?
If we need Indian then NMCA and NFGFA makes more sense.

what!!!
smiley-laughing025.gif

that would make mig 29 stealthier than rafale

I thought Rafale was around 0.1sq m, Tiffy < 1 and MiG-29K around 1.

buy 10 Rafale M, 10 F-35, 10 NLCA, 10 N-FGFA(if made)....and keep rotating....simple....end of discussion...:D

We are the people who don't want to utilize the money best way possible. Most of the times we get emotional, take pride and stop thinking practically which hampers not only our strategic, political and economic growth but also results in downward trend. Take help from foreign partners, make collaborations to get our domestic industry on level of western counterparts in next couple of decades.

Its the only way we can have our demands met according to our requirements.

Rafale RCS is more in the range of 0.5-0.8 Sq m in clean configuration, which is perfectly fine given that Canards does tends to increase the RCS.

Mig-29Ks has RCS in the range of 1-1.5 Sq m in clean config.

IAC-1 will be more in the class of INS Vikramaditya, both in tonnage and STOBAR config, it'll be quite delusional for someone to think IN will acquire something else for IAC-1 other than Mig-29Ks. Given that IN did their fair bit of research before selecting Mig-29s, where it out scored the likes of Su-33.

258953-06mig29kmain.jpg

It didn't out score Su-33. IIRC Vikramaditya's hanger was not tall enough for Su-33s. BTW Su-33 require less deck space.

One thing I don't understand is why we are even making a naval version of LCA. If successful it's still going to be the worst performing naval fighter in coming decades.
I feel that to be a good naval fighter you need to be in the medium weight category at least, it's the same as building a stealth fighter. Else how are you going to get enough range and payload from it. LCA has poor TWR which would be improved by the usage of F-414IN but NLCA would be heavier which again would lead to a non favorable TWR. Can the NLCA takeoff(unassisted) with a decent payload from our carriers?

NLCA is very critical. How are we going to develop NMCA or NFGFA without imputs from NLCA ? hand some money over to other countries and we wait and ***** about restrictions, delays ?

Enough is enough, we want NLCA and thank you navy for placing orders even though it needs flying saucers with laser guns to defend itself.

NLCAs alongwith MIG29K will be a potent mix.. also NAVY wants to give indigenous fighters a chance..

Mig-29s does lack in certain areas like sensors, radars, armaments, electronic countermeasures, pay load, agility and climb rate when compared with Rafale. But for IAC-1, i'll go for Mig-29Ks, it's still better than F-18s and Su-33.

LOLLZ
u failed to get the sarcasm MR SKULLY DADA:lol:

rafale is far ahead in terms of technology & capabilty to MIG 29k BTW u cant hide those engine blades in Mig 29k with coating s from radar waves:D

It didn't out score Su-33. IIRC Vikramaditya's hanger was not tall enough for Su-33s. BTW Su-33 require less deck space.

Su-33 was offered for INS Vikramaditya, but it was discarded mainly because of it's outdated avionics, even Russia is going to phase out Su-33s in favor of Mig-29s, now what you'll say about that? :azn:

the OTH multi static radars can detect stealth aircraft beyond 1000 kms, which have good noise:signal ratio. RCS gaya tel lenay. we should deploy some.

Su-33 was offered for INS Vikramaditya, but it was discarded mainly because of it's outdated avionics, even Russia is going to phase out Su-33s in favor of Mig-29s, now what you'll say about that? :azn:
but is Mig 29k superior to j15 which chinese going to have:what:

NLCAs alongwith MIG29K will be a potent mix.. also NAVY wants to give indigenous fighters a chance..

I don't see how, unless NLCA manages to out perform Ks in some parameters. Highly unlikely IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom