What's new

CNN Special: Inside China's Xinjiang "re-education camps"

So what is your criteria of radical islam. Where do you draw the line between moderate and radical Islam. Please enlighten us.

We in Malaysia even have Halal and non halal shopping trolley.

Why don't you answer my question on what you believe the criteria China is using to detain Muslims in China. I thought it was because they think these people are likely to be terrorists. You adamantly corrected me and said only *I* was asserting that.

Now please tell us all why YOU think they are being detained. So far you have listed such things as polygamy, lots of kids, and burka wearing wives. Not exactly in my opinion severe enough to warrant "re-education". So unless you can name something else I guess we will have to accept this as the only criteria.

..and yes people polygamy is illegal in the US...but it is a misdemeanor in most states. Bigamy (where someone hides multiple marriages from their spouses) carries a jail term.

This guy below is a prime example. He doesn't even hide his hatred for Islam and Muslims and yet we have muslims here somehow still fooling themselves into thinking China is doing good.

Yep, and nobody here in this thread (other than you and I) will denounce him or call him out on it...whether it be Chinese or Pakistani.

Last edited:
Most Muslims don't practice polygamy. It's just a lame excuse made here to defend china's oppression of uighurs.

I called communists cancer, not every every chinese person.

You can call China "evil commie" all you want, as the West have been feeding you, but China's success in large degree is due to the fact that most Chinese people are atheists so they don't believe some god would come down and help them.

Hardworking is what made China it is today, and Chinese government is trying to help some people to see the value of hardworking besides praying.

I called communists cancer, not every every chinese person.

Calling us a cancer is just too much, if we call your country or what you believe a cancer, what would you feel? That's what you called cancer achieved.

17-08-27-World-Poverty.png

Pakistan has 4 neighors, two fellow Muslim countries, Afghanistan and Iran, one Hindu country, India, one Communist country, China. Which of those four countries maintains a quiet and peaceful borders with Pakistan and is willing to help when Pakistan is in need? call us a cancer as you wish.

I see majority of Westerners (by Westerners I mean all Caucasoid and African people, including Indian, Pakistani, European and SS Africans) have different understanding about how a country should function, compared to us East Asian. We value the common benefit to the whole community, in which individual freedom should be oppressed, while Westerners seems to value their individual freedom more.

That's possibly why all Western countries are gradually becoming a mess, including the rich countries. They call it freedom, but I see it as a mess, but possibly the West will only see it until it is too late.

Last edited:
I see majority of Westerners (by Westerners I mean all Caucasoid and African people, including Indian, Pakistani, European and SS Africans) have different understanding about how a country should function, compared to us East Asian. We value the common benefit to the whole community, in which individual freedom should be oppressed, while Westerners seems to value their individual freedom more.
Byproduct of centuries of western colonization, east Asia had never been fully colonized by the west so we still largely stick to and follow eastern philosophies.

Why don't you answer my question on what you believe the criteria China is using to detain Muslims in China. I thought it was because they think these people are likely to be terrorists. You adamantly corrected me and said only *I* was asserting that.

Now please tell us all why YOU think they are being detained. So far you have listed such things as polygamy, lots of kids, and burka wearing wives. Not exactly in my opinion severe enough to warrant "re-education". So unless you can name something else I guess we will have to accept this as the only criteria.

..and yes people polygamy is illegal in the US...but it is a misdemeanor in most states. Bigamy (where someone hides multiple marriages from their spouses) carries a jail term.
You are hard to understand. I ask you simple question to draw a line between moderate and radical Islam.
No tricks, no offense intended. Just a simple question.
You obviously sympathize with these people as you posted that picture to support your argument. You do not think based on United States Standard, that these people warrant being send to a re-education camp. Your country, your rules. I respect that.

So what is radical Islam to you ? Where do you draw a line ? Help me, a person living in an Islamic country understand. Enlighten us.

From DW.com : "Deutsche Welle and three other major international media partners have launched a new YouTube channel they say aims to provide "a range of new journalistic information" to users in Turkey, as well as Turks living abroad.

DW has collaborated with the BBC, France24 and Voice of America to create the channel and will join with them in providing video content for it.

The four broadcasters say the channel will feature a broad range of sociopolitical topics covered in reports, background stories and interviews."

DW is basically Germany's 'BBC World'. In case you are not aware, DW's media partners all are literally mouthpieces for Western policies and are very critical towards China. Do you think they will report honestly and with impartiality as true journalism should be?

Think again.

@beijingwalker

You are hard to understand. I ask you simple question to draw a line between moderate and radical Islam.
No tricks, no offense intended. Just a simple question.
You obviously sympathize with these people as you posted that picture to support your argument. You do not think based on United States Standard, that these people warrant being send to a re-education camp. Your country, your rules. I respect that.

So what is radical Islam to you ? Where do you draw a line ? Help me, a person living in an Islamic country understand. Enlighten us.

I see a guy with a bunch of kids and two probable wives in burkas. I don't see anything that warrants putting him into a "volunteer sing-a-long" camp because he is an automatic threat to society. Having this situation doesn’t make you a radical. For all we know he could have lived on a rural farm and was not bothering anybody.

Last edited:
I see a guy with a bunch of kids and two probable wives in burkas. I don't see anything that warrants putting him into a "volunteer sing-a-long" camp because he is an automatic threat to society.
Some of them said that their families were worried about them because families found them turning radical and applied to the training programs for them, true or not, at least the result is very good for the people's well being and for the development of Xinjiang region, we Chinese are result oriented, if you don't get it, be my guest.

I agree with this point.

That's possibly why all Western countries are gradually becoming a mess, including the rich countries. They call it freedom, but I see it as a mess, but possibly the West will only see it until it is too late.
In Chinese we say 国富则民强, roughly means if the country is rich the people can't be so poor, it clearly reflects our mentality that we need to build a wealthy nation first and the country can in turn taking care of the people. It's different from western mentality that you should make yourself rich first thus subsequently people can make the country wealthy as the result.

Calling us a cancer is just too much, if we call your country or what you believe a cancer, what would you feel? That's what you called cancer achieved.

Look I don't have a problem with chinese people. I even normally support china against the west.

But the communist party is cancer. They oppress Muslims and they would oppress me too if I were born in East Turkestan.

The party is cancer. Not the people.

If you want to talk bad about pakistani political parties too - then go ahead. I'm not stopping you.

From DW.com : "Deutsche Welle and three other major international media partners have launched a new YouTube channel they say aims to provide "a range of new journalistic information" to users in Turkey, as well as Turks living abroad.

DW has collaborated with the BBC, France24 and Voice of America to create the channel and will join with them in providing video content for it.

The four broadcasters say the channel will feature a broad range of sociopolitical topics covered in reports, background stories and interviews."

DW is basically Germany's 'BBC World'. In case you are not aware, DW's media partners all are literally mouthpieces for Western policies and are very critical towards China. Do you think they will report honestly and with impartiality as true journalism should be?

Think again.

@beijingwalker

There are pakistani news websites who printed the same story. Makes no difference.

Look I don't have a problem with chinese people. I even normally support china against the west.

But the communist party is cancer. They oppress Muslims and they would oppress me too if I were born in East Turkestan.

The party is cancer. Not the people.

If you want to talk bad about pakistani political parties too - then go ahead. I'm not stopping you.

There are pakistani news websites who printed the same story. Makes no difference.

If Chinese communist party were a cancer Islam or East Turkestan is a cancer too! We will press down all separatist muslims that don't want to be Chinese!

If Chinese communist party were a cancer Islam or East Turkestan is a cancer too! We will press down all separatist muslims that don't want to be Chinese!
Actually in the eyes of the west, both communism and Isam are cancers and they believe one cancer can kill another is manipulated smartly.

Back
Top Bottom