What's new

‘CNN shows Ukraine’s parts in Pakistan’

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
cnn-shows-ukraine-s-parts-in-pakistan-1399903918-5912.jpg

CNN, the US news giant, has ‘reshaped’ the world a bit in their live coverage of events in Ukraine, as the eastern part of the European country got pinned miles and miles away from where it actually is – in Pakistan, a foreign TV channel reported on Monday.
The US channel was reporting about independence referendums in Ukraine’s eastern regions of Donetsk and Lugansk while also using a map to indicate the country’s geographical location. Apparently by mistake, the arrow with Ukrainian flag on top was pointing to Pakistan, the Russia Today channel reported.

The error was quickly spotted by sharp-eyed viewers, one of whom snapped the TV screen and published the image on Twitter. The channel reported that the post has gone viral with hundreds of users retweeting the picture and marking it as ‘favorite.’

Even the fact that instantly after that the channel correctly marked Slavyansk and Donetsk – where CNN journalists are located for coverage – did not save the situation. This is not the first time, as the US news channel last year placed Hong-Kong in South America. Before that, the channel outraged the Britons after its on-air map relocated London miles to the north-east in Norfolk.

‘CNN shows Ukraine’s parts in Pakistan’

I feel really bad for the guy who made that black line underneath the flag to point Ukraine. He/She must have been wondering Ukraine is somewhere around Eastern Europe, so he just randomly put the flag there, not realizing that there are a BUNCH of countries in that region. Just a few thousand miles off. Not a biggie.

Well, 'Murica.

Ignorance of Americans sometimes drives me into stupor.

I recommend half an hour of RT three times a day after meals for three days to come out of this hangover.:enjoy:

Eh add Fox News to the mix please. Will neuter Russian Propaganda with American Paranoia.

Can we start an other conspiracy theory, about Ukraine's becoming part of Pakistan :pakistan:. Channel, you are most welcome to show India as part of Pakistan :woot:

Western media is known to troll at times, I believe it was intentional.

In BD section this would be enough to start about 10 threads proving the hegemonic designs of a country etc etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom