What's new

Zindagi, Pakistan shows a hit in India

hum itna saal sa tumhara Pirated drama dekha raha han..... Even though NOT releasing your film in our country..... This much small heart we are....​

There.. corrected it..

Ok I don't argue with dumb troll..

to sum up whole discussion,right now zindagi pakistani serial are much much better wht we r seeing currently in indian tv but as sum pakistani brother assuming that it was always like this, NO before business driven by quality of serial which we had earlier in 80's and 90's.now as i said evry thing is decided by TRp competition is so tough if serial does'nt able to get fair amount of trp it took off air immediately irrelevant of its content.

Zindagi Gulzar Hai: Pakistani drama serials win hearts in India

53c79d0e0f4af.jpg

As the clever saying goes, if you’ve got it, flaunt it – and our Pakistani drama serials are doing exactly that across the border.

With the launch of Zee Network’s Zindagi TV channel last month, Indians are being treated to the best of new-age Pakistani TV dramas on offer. Hum TV’s booming success Zindagi Gulzar Hai and A-Plus’ Aun Zara have earned much praise and appreciation in Indian newspapers and social media, with the former drawing to a close with its season finale in India tomorrow (Friday).

On-screen couple Kashaf (Sanam Saeed) and Zaroun (Fawwad Khan) were the subjects of adoration and amazement, as fans tweeted their respect with no praise barred.

Bollywood actor Divya Dutta is just one who was blown away by the duo:

10494522_718976114836394_1838994228929618786_n.jpg

With its tagline ‘Jodey Dilon Ko’, Zindagi TV is fast becoming a platform radiating Pakistani art and culture to a receptive Indian audience.

A report published by Caravan Daily said, TV shows on Zee’s Zindagi channel were shattering misconceptions and stereotypes about Pakistan and Pakistani society.

Another report in India.com listed seven reasons why Zindagi Gulzar Hai was a smashing hit, listing suave Fawad Khan and brilliant Sanam Saeed as top reasons. Other factors behind the general success of Pakistan TV shows in India are the number of fixed episodes, their closeness to reality, nicely-woven sub-plots, and a brilliant supporting cast.

The Caravan Daily also quoted an Indian filmmaker Kunal Kohli as saying that the technical side of Pakistani soaps is superior. “Must say the quality of shooting [and] writing of the shows on Zindagi is [very] refreshing.”

Sanam Saeed is overwhelmed

According to Indian media reports, the 29-year-old is ecstatic and "grateful" that Zindagi Gulzar Hai has turned out to be the "first drama to have broken the ice across the borders in current times".

In an interview with IANS, she said, "India uses Bollywood, rather cinema, to tell its stories. It is one of the largest filmmaking nations in the world and so your talents get to tell stories about politics, love and drama through films. In Pakistan, our medium is the small screen.

"We don't make many films, and hardly have theatres. A majority of people seek entertainment while sitting at home and TV gives it to them, so we excel on that part," Sanam said, stressing that since the command over language and gift of the gab are "strong", and that Pakistan has some prolific writers.

Regarding India and Pakistan, Sanam said they are not very different. "I don't understand why we are considered different. We were one nation. We are not different. In fact, there is so much similarity between us culturally, in terms of food, clothes, family, bonds and language. So, I have never been under the impression that we [India and Pakistan] are different. Nevertheless, I'm glad that the shows are having a positive impact on people in India – it's the same effect that they had on people here [in Pakistan]," she said.

Zindagi Gulzar Hai: Pakistani drama serials win hearts in India - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

'I am not fearless as Kashaf'

She is popular as Kashaf, especially in India, after Zindagi Gulzar Hai, a Pakistani show, was aired on the newly-introduced Zindagi channel for the first time.

Twenty-nine-year-old British-Pakistani actress and model, Sanam Saeed has carved a niche for herself among Indian audience by portraying the character of a confident girl who is unwilling to live a stereotypical life because she is full of determination.

However, Kashaf believes in love, and in expressing it in a simple, sweet manner.

In a telephonic interaction with Metrolife, Sanam Saeed, who is very busy these days shooting for a show in Karachi, talks about the hugely popular Zindagi Gulzar Hai, her personal attachment with the show and her views on Indian TV soaps.

Calling Zindagi… a realistic show, Saeed says, “Kashaf’s journey to achieve something in life, her struggles which make her a headstrong girl and even her insecurities which she tries to holds within her is real.” Somewhere, Saeed identifies herself with the character. “Luckily, I haven’t had to face so many struggles as Kashaf had to face.

But there is something that I have learned from her. Personally, I am not fearless as Kashaf. But the insecurities she has within her I can find in myself too.”

Saeed believes that the audience both in India and Pakistan can relate to it, especially young girls, who are struggling to get education and are fighting against all odds
to fulfil their dreams.

“The show has the capacity to change the orthodox views of the people,” says the actor while sharing an instance. “My maid was adamant to marry off her 14-year-old. Every time I tried to explain to her she seemed unwilling to understand anything. At that time Zindagi…was just aired.

After watching four episodes of the show, my maid told me she will not marry her daughter until she finishes her intermediate.”

Interestingly, this somewhat justifies Saeed’s inclination towards women-centric shows. She mentions Mera Naseeb, another popular show in Pakistan on domestic violence where she plays the protagonist and Humsafar, a love story of a good-looking couple, where the girl takes a stand to achieve her goals. “I hope the show is aired in India soon,” she says.

“Through these shows I play my role as a social worker who wants to create awareness among masses, educate them to break taboos and not to consider girls a burden. Today, television is the biggest medium to influence people on a large scale so I personally try to opt for such shows which deal with women issues,” she says.

Interestingly, Saeed, who is fond of Bollywood, expresses her disappointment over Indian television shows. “I find them very unrealistic. How can they sleep with complete make-up?

And the houses where they live are one in million. However, in Pakistani shows we take care of all these aspects. We shoot in houses with average looks, so that people can connect.” And therein lies the tale!

'I am not fearless as Kashaf'

Taking back the market, oooo yeah baby!
Ha Ha. Stop Dude. Too early to jump the gun. ITs not a zero sum game. So no point taking back the market. Yes, U can say you have created a new market for u.

But have u seen something very well proved? Indians and Pakistanis have great relevance and thats why this association.

Pakistans greatly pushed theory of WE ARE DIFFERENT FROM INDIANS AND HINDUS is BIG TYM BUSTED.

U are only different on RELIGION. Rest all is same. Live with it without crying and complaining. Otherwise, u will keep on getting insulted by Arabs, Moors and Turkish people who say, FUCG OFF, U are Subcontinentals and we are Arabs. :D :D :D

"Ghar Aaja Pardesi Tera Desh Bulaye Re".......... :rofl:

Well here is your opportunity to learn Urdu.

What do you think Pakistanis do when they watch Indian shows that heavily use Sanskrit words....
Payback huh? :pissed:

:tup:

this.

I am sure Indian intelligence agencies use it as a torture device :sick:

Imagine Indians who speak little Hindi to no Hindi!
And then Ekta Kapoor comes and slaps you once and shows it thrice. :D

Most of my Pakistani brothers on PDF don't agree with this statement :whistle: @Zarvan @DESERT FIGHTER
LOL :D

Sirf naam badal do, to Hindustani aur Pakistani me koi fark ni rahega.

All indian and pakistani dramas are shit,,,good for women only.
We need some stuff close to reality and away from this melodramatic shift....................something like breaking bad,god i miss it

Nice Joke
oh no,,its no joke
but its applicable only for punjabis and sindhis in pakistan with punjabi,haryanvis,rajastani ,up,biharis in india.

rest are different on both sides

Back
Top Bottom