What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
I suppose opposing navies will have to oblige the PAF ro PN and come closer to shore then.

They are still with PAF till 2020. Some of them will be grounded which are old enough ti fight but atleast 80 would remain till 2020.

PAF bought 500 sealed pack engines for Mirage in 2005, which increased the life time.

PN already operating 10-15 dedicated Mirage V, if needed all will be shifted to Navy...and Pakistan Naval Airforce can be established....but at the moment their is no need for it. :cheers:

They are still with PAF till 2020. Some of them will be grounded which are old enough ti fight but atleast 80 would remain till 2020.

PAF bought 500 sealed pack engines for Mirage in 2005, which increased the life time.

PN already operating 10-15 dedicated Mirage V, if needed all will be shifted to Navy...and Pakistan Naval Airforce can be established....but at the moment their is no need for it. :cheers:

I really respect your words but the reality is that Upgraded Mirage - III/V Rose ones and F-7 PGs will remain in service till 2017 by that time JF-17(about 200+50 duals) and 50 J-10Bs and F-16s(45+14 MLU-3/CCIP & 18 Blk-52) will take their places in to the fleet and they will be handling the job and later the older F-16 would be replaced by Chinese J-XX.
Inshallah:pakistan::cheers::china:

need to wait a few years - its in the works!!!:cheers:

ya I dont think there is any reason to replace these aircraft's right now, PAF has a great maintenance record and these aircraft have gone through significant upgrades, they are easily good enough to go through till 2016-2017. They look kinda cute too :P

ROSE Mirages are more capable than Bison in terms of radar, range, payload weapons, avionics, ecm etc. All of these have been discussed on previous pages.

I suppose opposing navies will have to oblige the PAF ro PN and come closer to shore then.

a2a refuelling is now available. anyway a maritime strike config wld have the exocet under the belly, 2 gondola fuel tanks on the inside hard points under the wings and 2 a2a sidewinders on the wingtips.

i have a little confusion.

how and where mirage3 carries R-Darter BVR missile, on which station? outer missile launching rails of mirage are for IR guided Missiles. these missile don't have any data link with aircraft or with its systems through rail. While Radar Guided Missiles have a link with radar through Launching rail. even we have seen M-3ep carries semi active radar guided missile Marta 5300 under belly, which is a multiple weapon launching station and M-5 carries Exocet on same station.

ON WHICH STATION PAF'S MIRAGE CARRIES BVR MISSILE.?

Last edited:
Plz Can any one confirm my following quries...
We know PAF have following Mirage Fleet (The info is taken from Weki which is 5 years old), How many Mirgaes are ROSE we have now (in 2010)

Mirage ROSE III =33 ROSE 1 out of ~121
Mirage ROSE V = 20 Rose 2 and 14 ROSE 3 .....~26 are fitted with Cyrano IV radar for night navigation and 20 are with Agave radar for compatibility with Exocet anti-ship missile out of Total ~60 (Source:- Jackson World Air Power Journal Volume 16, p.111)

Weki says 87 out of ~181... (Source:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_ROSE)

Weki shows still ~100+ are standard Mirage III/V AC's

Wts the current figure of Mirage ROSE (in 2010).....which will be surved till 2017?

Last edited:
Nishan i would not be surprised if PAF order more than 36/50 FC-20s in 2014/2015 the number could be a big as 80 by 2018 if the economy does better by that time.

My question is still there

Plz Can any one confirm my following quries...
We know PAF have following Mirage Fleet (The info is taken from Weki which is 5 years old), How many Mirgaes are ROSE we have now (in 2010)

Mirage ROSE III =33 ROSE 1 out of ~121
Mirage ROSE V = 20 Rose 2 and 14 ROSE 3 .....~26 are fitted with Cyrano IV radar for night navigation and 20 are with Agave radar for compatibility with Exocet anti-ship missile out of Total ~60 (Source:- Jackson World Air Power Journal Volume 16, p.111)

Weki says 87 out of ~181 (2004)... (Source:- Project ROSE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Weki shows still ~100+ are standard Mirage III/V AC's

Wts the current figure of Mirage ROSE (in 2010).....which will be surved till 2017?

impressive detail yes this fighter jet is good for anti ground and ship role but not sure about anti air war or dog fights it can survive

I don,t think a Current Rose mirage can defeat a Mig21 BISON.

The bison mig21s have Kypo radar and HMS and CARRY r77 bvrS. tHEY ALSO CARRY new jammers and some say ram coating to further reduce RCS of a already small fighter.

The American pilot in THE INDO AMERICAN EXCERCISES who criticised the
SU30MKII DID MENTION THE MIG21 sneaking up behind F15s...

They are old frames but sneaky little buggers thanks to upgrades

Back
Top Bottom