What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
Seems like Rose 3 also got KJ-8602A RWR. Taimi Khan, this one is for you.

9kynue.jpg

Seems like Rose 3 also got KJ-8602A RWR. Taimi Khan, this one is for you.

9kynue.jpg

ROSE 3 :what:

i thought its rose1 cockpit of mirage 3(dark n light gray).
these cockpits are a bit confusing,can u differentiate b/w them.!
regards

Yes they are capable of firing BVR, guided weapons. Rose 1 and 2 cockpits are similar with one CRT in middle and Integer display on the left while having the only difference of the presence of Grifo-m in rose 1 and DART FLIR instead of Grifo-m in Rose 2 and the rest of configuration is same. Rose 3 has a better glass cockpit environment having two LCDs, a small display for altimeter, navigation replacing manual artificial horizon as can be seen in the pic above.

Yes they are capable of firing BVR, guided weapons. Rose 1 and 2 cockpits are similar with one CRT in middle and Integer display on the left while having the only difference of the presence of Grifo-m in rose 1 and DART FLIR instead of Grifo-m in Rose 2 and the rest of configuration is same. Rose 3 has a better glass cockpit environment having two LCDs, a small display for altimeter, navigation replacing manual artificial horizon as can be seen in the pic above.

then mirage5 are rose2 upgraded and mirage3 in black nose are rose1 and mirage3 in gray nose are rose3....am i right?:undecided:

then mirage5 are rose2 upgraded and mirage3 in black nose are rose1 and mirage3 in gray nose are rose3....am i right?:undecided:

ROSE-I --> Mirage-IIIEA known as IIIO ex-Australian around 30 in service. They have the 500 series serial numbers.

ROSE-II & III --> Mirage-VEF ex-French around 20 ROSE-II and around 14 ROSE-III in service. These have the 700 series serial numbers.

Mirage-III is distinguishable by it's stubbier nose cone
Mirage-V has a sleek longer beak-like nose cone

Colour Schemes can change. The ROSE-I Mirage-IIIOs used to have black nose cones ... they now seem to sport the bluish gray nose cones.

Regards

PAF Mirage Total :-121(Mirage III) + 60(Mirage 5) = 181

Out of these 181 approxmately 67 AC's are RoSE
Program ROSE (Retrofit Of Strike Element)

Mirage IIIO ROSE I : 33
Mirage 5F ROSE II : 20
Mirage 5F ROSE III : 14
Mirage III : 88
Mirage 5 : 26

Note:- These numbers are till 2007, may be ROSE program installed on more AC's.
(Dont forget PAF also bought new sealed packed engines Mirage in 2005)
Source

ROSE I Program
New Cockpit with HUD, HOTAS, MFD , GPS System,radar warning receiver (RWR), electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite ,decoy flares and chaff to confuse enemy missiles and radar, Advance Digital avionics package
In-flight refuelling (Air to Air Refuling)

Radar:- FIAR Grifo M3 radar, Italian fire-control radar, the FIAR (now SELEX Galileo) Grifo M3, gave Mirage III ROSE I fighters the ability to fire advanced beyond visual range (BVR) radar guided air-to-air missiles.
The radar has over 30 different operational air-to-air/air-to-surface mission and navigation modes.
Air to air modes include Single/Dual Target Track and Track While Scan.
Air to surface modes include Real Beam Map, Doppler Beam Sharpening, Sea Low/High, Ground Moving Target Indicator, Ground/Sea Moving Target Track. Other optional modes include Raid Assessment, Non Cooperative Target Identification, SAR (synthetic aperture radar) and Precision Velocity Update.
Scanning coverage +/-60 degrees in both azimuth and elevation

Avionics:- ROSE avionics upgrade integrated by Sagem
Unknown BVR Missile (May be Copy of SouthAfrican Missile)(Long range air-to-air missile).

AIM-9L Sidewinder (short range air-to-air missile).
RAAD ALCM (Air to Surface Cruise missile)
H2 (Air to Surface Missile)

ROSE II Program
Including all features of ROSE I.
SAGEM Forward-Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) system, mounted in a pod under the nose for night and at very low level operations to avoid radar.
SAGEM Circe 2001 mission planning system.
The cockpit is made compatible with night-vision goggles
Forward-looking infra-red (FLIR) thermal imaging sensor and laser range-finder.
An integrated electronic warfare suite.

300px-JF-17_background_Mirage_5_ROSE_foreground.jpg

Rose III program
Including ROSE I features
Including ROSE II features
Improved night-time precision strike capability to the Mirage with the addition of a new SAGEM navigation/attack avionics suite

PAF Mirage ROSE have only the oldframes that lessened manvers capability else technology wise its has all the things closer to 4th generation AC's

seems like Mirage III have left too much to offer paf it is good jet against sea and ground targets

seems like Mirage III have left too much to offer paf it is good jet against sea and ground targets

Yes sir, but the airframes are old now.

We need maritime attack JF-17s and maybe J-10s for carrying heavier anti-ship missiles.

Yes sir, but the airframes are old now.

We need maritime attack JF-17s and maybe J-10s for carrying heavier anti-ship missiles.

need to wait a few years - its in the works!!!:cheers:

PAF Mirages also have Matra R550 Magics and AM-39 Exocet anti-ship missiles

I suppose opposing navies will have to oblige the PAF or PN and come closer to shore then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom