What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
If anything Pakistan show be investing in a replacement aircraft rather than upgrading old aircraft.

J-10 seems like it can do more than just replace the mirage. I don’t know how much maintenance costs are though for either. Alternative is making a similar copy. Pakistan can probably do that pretty easily. Dunno about costs of starting such a project
Pakistan cant even make a copy of the 50 year old Cobra.

Pakistan cant even make a copy of the 50 year old Cobra.
And yet they have the JF-17 project. What’s different about the mirage is that it’s an old design that Pakistan knows how to tear down to its tiniest component and build back up, so it would be easier. I just learned that J-10 is taking on the Mirage camo so that means Mirage is being replaced by J-10

They can just didn't try
So they fought an insurgency without being able to provide timely air over leading to thousands of soldiers deaths out of laziness for over a decade? Clearly when Zulus and T129s were dead, they couldn't care less to provide a local more up-to-date solution or heck even upgrade the existing inventory.
I actually believe they can't produce anything that is not literally a copy. And of course no engine is a separate issue.

And yet they have the JF-17 project. What’s different about the mirage is that it’s an old design that Pakistan knows how to tear down to its tiniest component and build back up, so it would be easier. I just learned that J-10 is taking on the Mirage camo so that means Mirage is being replaced by J-10
They have Chinese handholding and teaching them to build portion of it only. Akin to teaching anyone to hammer nails into a floorboard but doesn't make them architects

So they fought an insurgency without being able to provide timely air over leading to thousands of soldiers deaths out of laziness for over a decade? Clearly when Zulus and T129s were dead, they couldn't care less to provide a local more up-to-date solution or heck even upgrade the existing inventory.
I actually believe they can't produce anything that is not literally a copy. And of course no engine is a separate issue.

They have Chinese handholding and teaching them to build portion of it only. Akin to teaching anyone to hammer nails into a floorboard but doesn't make them architects
OK zulus are American and no one is allowed to touch them without the masters permission just like the f16. Yes Pakistani people generally and inherently lazy. They will never sit down look at their situation analyse and then look for a solution. Bhai just look at your family. You will find such people in abundance. As a nation we are reactive. Not proactive. We would rather buy than build. These are facts

OK zulus are American and no one is allowed to touch them without the masters permission just like the f16. Yes Pakistani people generally and inherently lazy. They will never sit down look at their situation analyse and then look for a solution. Bhai just look at your family. You will find such people in abundance. As a nation we are reactive. Not proactive. We would rather buy than build. These are facts
Which is why when I see a new post from someone who wants Pakistan to build a mini-this, semi-stealth that every other week, I can just shake my head.

320756815_6069126566453566_6269624797006382318_n.jpg

Army didn’t allow private sector to grow and all the smart people decided to go overseas.
Brain is gone, only Pinky remain in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom