What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
The key is getting a decent % of the total manufacturing work. The rest is all for show, but if we are the source of 33%+ of the fighter -- i.e., landing gear, wings, canopy and tail -- that would be good enough. Entering the PLAAF/PLAN's supply chain would be a game changer, and a natural next step.

JF17 was 58% of the share and that too after how many years? if we get anywhere close to 33% on a 5th generation it would be a milestone, a total milestone

it will probably start the same way JF17 started slowly build up the Pakistan contribution over years and decades ad reach a max of 60/40 at the end

JF17 was 58% of the share and that too after how many years? if we get anywhere close to 33% on a 5th generation it would be a milestone, a total milestone

it will probably start the same way JF17 started slowly build up the Pakistan contribution over years and decades ad reach a max of 60/40 at the end
I was thinking along the lines of a workshare partnership with China.

So, we basically co-invest in their prime project (J-35), but with the condition that we supply 33% of the fighter to all customers (be it PLAN, PLAAF, PAF, etc).

If the Chinese order 1,000 such aircraft, then 33% of the expenditure would happen in Pakistan. That would be the game changer for us -- billions of dollars flowing each and every year into Pakistan. It'll create jobs for sure, but also give PAC more profit to also reinvest in domestic R&D for later projects down the road.

The issue here isn't whether Pakistan can or can't do it, the bigger problem is whether the PLA will agree to extending its supply chain outside of China. This will take a lot of convincing from our end, but we can make that case:

1. China needs allies, or else, the US will succeed in surrounding it.

2. Chinese firms are welcome to invest in Pakistan and compete for that 33% too.

3. We can limit competition to some arms tenders to only Chinese companies (i.e., no consideration given to any other supplier, especially Western).

4. PAC can prioritize the first 100 jets of its production work for only Chinese orders, so PAF orders will have to come later.

I was thinking along the lines of a workshare partnership with China.

So, we basically co-invest in their prime project (J-35), but with the condition that we supply 33% of the fighter to all customers (be it PLAN, PLAAF, PAF, etc).

If the Chinese order 1,000 such aircraft, then 33% of the expenditure would happen in Pakistan. That would be the game changer for us -- billions of dollars flowing each and every year into Pakistan. It'll create jobs for sure, but also give PAC more profit to also reinvest in domestic R&D for later projects down the road.

The issue here isn't whether Pakistan can or can't do it, the bigger problem is whether the PLA will agree to extending its supply chain outside of China. This will take a lot of convincing from our end, but we can make that case:

1. China needs allies, or else, the US will succeed in surrounding it.

2. Chinese firms are welcome to invest in Pakistan and compete for that 33% too.

3. We can limit competition to some arms tenders to only Chinese companies (i.e., no consideration given to any other supplier, especially Western).

4. PAC can prioritize the first 100 jets of its production work for only Chinese orders, so PAF orders will have to come later.
Sir will china agrees to share its high tech 5th knowledge with Pakistan by giving partnership?

Sir will china agrees to share its high tech 5th knowledge with Pakistan by giving partnership?
I don't know, we can't make a single engineering or R&D case for them share anything -- but we might have a chance from a foreign relations/diplomatic standpoint.

Simply put, does China want to be alone in the world? Because those are the stakes here. The US didn't need anyone else for the F-35, but it tied in a dozen roots all over the world to get buy-in from its allies.

It's the same story here.

The seat of a superpower comes with compromise, China can't have everything it wants -- it needs to give in order to take.

I don't know, we can't make a single engineering or R&D case for them share anything -- but we might have a chance from a foreign relations/diplomatic standpoint.

Simply put, does China want to be alone in the world? Because those are the stakes here. The US didn't need anyone else for the F-35, but it tied in a dozen roots all over the world to get buy-in from its allies.

It's the same story here.

The seat of a superpower comes with compromise, China can't have everything it wants -- it needs to give in order to take.
Really solid and practical idea, hope PAC start thinking on these lines some day, otherwise dreamboys project azm it quite late 1.5 dacade atleast (if fruitful)
On other hang most countries cut 5th gen programs directly started work on 6th gen like, france , uk, Sweden etc,
So time we will flying prototype other 6th will in production @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Sir with start of Aviation city projects it looks like if everything goes as per plan the contribution in tech and software which is so far of Chinese or Western origin shall be domestic after a decade or so.

Not exactly my favorite, but I felt that the Mirage Riders deserve some love (too) on my YouTube Channel.

@Horus @Dubious @AgNoStiC MuSliM @araz @airomerix @Arsalan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @BHarwana @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Foxtrot Alpha @ghazi52 @Hodor @Irfan Baloch @Imran Khan @Jango @Knuckles @krash @LeGenD @Moonlight @Side-Winder @Socra @waz @Windjammer @dbc @Aamir Hussain

@Adam_Khan @Ahmet Pasha @Akh1112 @aliyusuf @ARMalik @Angry Easterling @assasiner @Blacklight @crankthatskunk @Cookie Monster @Counter-Errorist @Dil Pakistan @Falcon26 @Flight of falcon @FuturePAF @graphican @GriffinsRule @Gryphon @GumNaam @Haris Ali2140 @HRK @Hakikat ve Hikmet @HawkEye27 @I S I @Khanivore @khansaheeb @khanasifm @Liquidmetal @loanranger @Maxpane @Microsoft @mingle @Mrc @mshan44 @Muhammad Omar @NA71 @Nasr @notorious_eagle @Pakhtoon yum @Pakistani Fighter @PAKISTANFOREVER @PakShaheen79 @Path-Finder @PDFChamp @PWFI @Rafi @Reichsmarschall @Riz @Safriz @Shane @Signalian @Starlord @Stealth @StormBreaker @The Accountant @TheTallGuy @Tank131 @Thorough Pro @TOPGUN @Tps43 @TsAr @Trango Towers @undercover JIX @Verve @ziaulislam @Zulfiqar

My
UAE.jpg
hommies @PakSword @Super Falcon @Sabretooth @PradoTLC @khail007 @War Thunder @ZedZeeshan and @Khafee

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom