What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Okay Elephant Walks are for show off. But why does PAF hides it.
Screenshot (36).png

One major advantage of procuring second hand Mirages, which should be recognized, is the accessibility to various western EW/ECM electronic packages installed on them. PAC and their Chinese friends must have utilized this opportunity to peek into these western technologies and hence upgrading similar locally developed electronic packages being manufactured for JF-17 and other aircraft.

18 aircraft, one full squadron!!! Nice. First elephant walk i have ever seen of the PAF !!!!!
Not a full squadron but aircraft from 2 to 4 squadrons.
This is probably from Rafiqui AFB, which is home to the tactical attack Mirage squadrons 15, 25 and 27 as well as the 22 OCU squadron. The front 3 aircraft are Mirage 5Fs from the Zarrars and Ghazis and the next 3 are Mirage 5DR of the Cobras.

Last edited:
what you are suggesting is a logistical nightmare....
To avoid logistic nightmare other option is to negotiate with france for reproduction/tot of mirage 2000( modified version) in pakistan with modifications according to pakistan" s needs like Aesa radar ( pakistan own chossing from market ) , EW and avionic package , more composite and stealthy material and body coating and possibly Meteor AAM . You can call it a cheap Rafael ....

Ideal for paf till 2030
Mirage 2k ( modified version / made in pakistan) : 108,, 6 squadrons
JFT block 3 : 54 , 3 squadrons
JFT block I/ II ( upgraded to 3) : 110 , 6 squadron
JFT block 4 : 36 , 2 squadrons
F16 A/B/C ( upgraded to V ) : 76 , 4 squadrons
F16 V blk 70 : 36 , 2 squadrons
(First flight of Prog Azm 5 gen in 2026-28 , productiin line opens)
Total : 420+ , 23 squadrons .

To avoid logistic nightmare other option is to negotiate with france for reproduction/tot of mirage 2000( modified version) in pakistan with modifications according to pakistan" s needs like Aesa radar ( pakistan own chossing from market ) , EW and avionic package , more composite and stealthy material and body coating and possibly Meteor AAM . You can call it a cheap Rafael ....

Ideal for paf till 2030
PAF has never bought a platform that it intended to use for 10 years. The only exception being F104s which were crippled due to sanctions. It is not realistic to do this now. You have a better plane and the most expedient way would be to increase production rates of Block 3 to 25 platforms and start replacing older fleet.
PAF Awill retain M3/5s for a specific role as they have a large infrastructure for their fleet and manpower to fly the platform expertly.
Even if PAF wants a delta to replace the Deltas J10 would be a saner answer. I suspect J10 is not being acquired due to restricted engine supplies as apparently Chinese engines are barely enough to cater to their own needs and going for AL31FN would add more complexities. Finance also remains a dire state not allowing newer acquisitions.
A

Last edited:

Ideal for paf till 2030
RUPEYA NIKAL

The problem I see in this forum/threads is folks with no background and experience or relevance to the industry tends to act like industry experts and start putting suggestions and recommendations which does not make sense

I still encourage participation and contribution but there should be limit to one acting like an expert with no background to even put something out

If you are an IT expert, in medical profession or used car salesman stick to your profession , just spending time on forums and reading few books does not make you an expert to give recommendations as an expert and belittling others

Anyway I hope they at least should be made aware ...

The problem I see in this forum/threads is folks with no background and experience or relevance to the industry tends to act like industry experts and start putting suggestions and recommendations which does not make sense

I still encourage participation and contribution but there should be limit to one acting like an expert with no background to even put something out

If you are an IT expert, in medical profession or used car salesman stick to your profession , just spending time on forums and reading few books does not make you an expert to give recommendations as an expert and belittling others

Hello, who are they ?

Hi,

Write something original of your own---and stop USING stuff from 'other' sources and posting it here under your name---.

It is a forum where people come to learn and express an opinion. It has nothing to do with what their profession is. Value a good opinion no matter where it comes from. If only people who knew commented then there would have been a lot of silence here.
A

Back
Top Bottom