What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
68906351_2177577072368087_4980531088184049664_n.jpg

we could have got the Dassault Rafale from France long time ago but no we didn't because it was not soo called battle proven ...more like the commission was not enough for someone in the armed forces ...the thing which surprises me is a lot of current and retired armed forces people on this forum know a lot of corrupt people in the armed forces but wont name and shame them with pictures .... question is why tho are they not loyal to PAKISTAN ...if we can call out politicians corrupt why not the people in armed forces as well ...

we could have got the Dassault Rafale from France long time ago but no we didn't because it was not soo called battle proven ...more like the commission was not enough for someone in the armed forces ...the thing which surprises me is a lot of current and retired armed forces people on this forum know a lot of corrupt people in the armed forces but wont name and shame them with pictures .... question is why tho are they not loyal to PAKISTAN ...if we can call out politicians corrupt why not the people in armed forces as well ...
We couldn’t afford the Rafale. Breathe and calm down.

Onboard indian MKI.

@Tps43

No more smart - getting upto 60.

Hi,

When the aircraft takes off from pasni or if there becomes a runway available at gwadar---itis not visible to the enemy radar---. The enemy awacs are flying way over yonder---close to their coastline---

India-Pakistan-Map-669px.jpg

You fly down keeping 450-500 miles away from the enemy coastline---angle in towards mumbai and depending what you are carring---2 Babur cruise missile or 2 CM400 akg---you let go from 250 miles to 400 miles away---make a turn and dash away---.

To smash the enemy's psyche---you will have to find a way to strike mumbai---.
The paf brags about taking on the israeli air force---this strike is taking on the israeli air force---. They hit Dimona---you hit mumbai---. Then we can say---indeed Paf knows what it is doing---.

We couldn’t afford the Rafale. Breathe and calm down.
I think we've both seen weird conceit from the PAF, but this idea that they'd walk away from a good fighter when the money's available is strange. Folks are underestimating the massive economic hit Pakistan took with the earthquake, Zardari, peak COIN/CT, and loss of US aid -- all in rapid succession circa 2004-2014.

I think we've both seen weird conceit from the PAF, but this idea that they'd walk away from a good fighter when the money's available is strange. Folks are underestimating the massive economic hit Pakistan took with the earthquake, Zardari, peak COIN/CT, and loss of US aid -- all in rapid succession circa 2004-2014.

Hi,

Other than the earthquake---all were the doings of the pakistanis---.

Paf had ample time to get the aircraft after 9/11---and between the earthquake---.

When all the dots are connected from the mid 80's to now---it only leads to one thing---Paf's hierarchy did its best to sabotage the purchase of a potent fighter aircraft in a timely manner---.

Their is no other nation in modern or old history---that can give an example of internal sabotage by a wing of its own forces to procure the most needed weapon---.

COIN problems and US aid are pakistanis own doings---. What is it---14 years---that is how long it took to the pakistanis to realize that the terrorists were not their islamic brothers---.

As for US aid---it is the fck up of the pakistan's military---for not understanding what the american had done 48-72 hours into the fight against Al qaeda and changed it to liberation of AFG---and of the illiterate pakistani public---who to this day has no clue what transpired---.

Pakistanis need to stop blaming USA---this deceit---this problem---this mega crisis---this turn of events---this failure of their policy---these COIN operations---this shut down of US funds---is of pakistan's own making---.

Hi,

They won't name them because they are still buddies with them---and what is pakistan to them---. Most supposed " honest " people are already settled in US UK canada etc---.

Loyalty to pakistan---what loyalty---PAF hierarchy and loyalty to pakistan---. Paf hierachy is only loyal to itself---.

Pakistan is just a conduit that fulfils their needs and desires---.

It's a given that the airframe life is limited on the existing Mirages in service, despite the avionics and weapons upgrades.

I'm guessing the aircraft get about 150 hours a year?

So how many years of service are theoretically left?

Not many I would assume.

Although the ex-Libyan, etc. examples were probably low airframe hours.

Still I would assume maybe another decade of use at max?

Of course the ROSE are the last ones to go.

It's a given that the airframe life is limited on the existing Mirages in service, despite the avionics and weapons upgrades.

I'm guessing the aircraft get about 150 hours a year?

So how many years of service are theoretically left?

Not many I would assume.

Although the ex-Libyan, etc. examples were probably low airframe hours.

Still I would assume maybe another decade of use at max?

Of course the ROSE are the last ones to go.
they are rebuilt using parts from better mirages..we gathered more than 150..so i am pretty sure that they will last till 2030

seems PAF will get the PGs out first my guess by 2025

Hi,

I think that you young pakistanis have some misconception---and I believe it goes to the older ones as well---.

Do you know what a good rifle is---? It is the rifle that you can get---.

Do you know what a good fighter aircraft is---it is the one you can get---.

Do you know what a good strike aircraft is---it is the one you can get---.

You know what a good antibiotic is for a 2 years old baby daughter dying of pneumonia---it is the one you can get---.

Do you know what a good cancer medicine for a mother's breast cancer is---it is not the one sitting somewhere that you cannot get but the one that is available to you---.

The tragedy over here is---that as a nation---no one has ever taught you people about that concept---and why you people have not been taught that way---because you have illiterate people ruling your lives---.

There comes a time in the life of everyone---why are we chasing RAINBOWS when there are none to be had---.

JH-7 is thoroughly tested by both PAF & PN and they prefer to keep Mirages over it till better option is available as J-11 was not available which PN and PAF wanted to replace Mirages with maritime role.

Until and unless some big changes comes in new JH-7 model on par with latest J1x series PN and PAF will not consider it, it will be sitting duck against Indian air defences.

Indra is good and Italy is offering latest stuff and they also ready to provide very advance hard points inbuilt EW system allowing JFT to carry same weapons capacity with very robust EW capabilities which will give it capability to challenge enemy air defences even without any support asset that currently China can not provide.

If PAF had money they would have gone for best EW suit and radar from west for JFT, we might have end up with Raven-05 class AESA with MICA-IR/ASRAAM/IRIS-T with Meteor/MICA type configuration.
in other words PAF doesnt has money for thunders let alone a new fighter..

in other words PAF doesnt has money for thunders let alone a new fighter..

Sir,

It is high time that you admitted that the Paf blew away the money for the fighter aircraft when it had it---.

How long are you going to protect them for their misdeeds---?

They have sabotaged the integrity of the defense of pakistan---.

every one says the same thing here about issues with finances problem is the armed forces should not have spent money on changing uniforms 1st they should have got better equipment ..wars are won by providing the right equipment at the right time ... now crying like a little girl about money issues wont change anything ...and in order to buy something which will make your country defense more stronger the you need loyal people not MR GENERAL the commission agent .....

Hi,

In the last 30 years---there hardly was issue with funds for fighter aircraft at any time---maybe for a very short period---but the resource to buy them was always available---.

Anyone who continuosly states that and it is their mantra---is the enemy of the state of pakistani---I would call them a LIAR. And this has come from one of the highest authorities multiple times few years ago---.

The issue is the Paf MAFIA ---the Paf generals---or as they say air marshalls---.

Hi,

Your discussing it means nothing---. You have no tactical background and understanding of the systems---. And many of those on the other side are not the brightest either---.

There is something called---need---utility---necessity---.

The need & utility supercedes everything else---with necessity and need running close by in parallel.

For a low skimmer over the waves---rcs is the least of the concerns---. And just because the aircraft can be loaded to 9000 KG does not mean that would be the operational requirement for the naval strike missions or precision strike missions---.

The J11 is running around 60 million a piece---. The current JH7A's can be had for maybe between 1 million to 5 million dollars---.

You can have 2 sqdrns of JH7A's for the price of 2 J11's and for the price of 3 1/2 J11's you can get spare engines and other spare parts as well---at max.

A nation that drives and lives by a SUZUKI MEHRAN or a 75cc Honda motorcycle---that nation cannot claim to pick and chose---.

This is the same air force that picked the A5 Fantan---the worst of the worst---. Why---because of its 175 miles flt radius---can't put itself in real harms way---.

Why the air force rejects the JH7A---. The Paf has claimed that it is a defensive air force---with the JH7A it will have to fly farther---see---with the A5's or the mirage 3 / 5 they can stay close by and don't risk themselves---.

Do you have any back ground in that field?? Kindly keep your BS to yourself, you have not worked or seen Pakistani MoD or military and you even don't know how things work and what mindset military have. Just living abroad and talking big don't make you an expert.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom