What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
What i dont get is that on one thread people are claiming F-16 blk 72 and V upgrades and in another people say no money for JF-17, JH-7A, or J-10. By the look, @MastanKhan is correct that there is too much fishiness from PAF when it comes to funds. Afterall, this is the same branch that wanted M2K for $100m/aircraft

Do you have any back ground in that field?? Kindly keep your BS to yourself, you have not worked or seen Pakistani MoD or military and you even don't know how things work and what mindset military have. Just living abroad and talking big don't make you an expert.

Hi,

With the result that I see---how their mind works---it is like an open book---. For you---they are the " mythical creatures "---for me---below ordinary---.

If living abroad was the decisive factor---there are quite a few posters over here who live abroad and do not know didley sh-it---.

What i dont get is that on one thread people are claiming F-16 blk 72 and V upgrades and in another people say no money for JF-17, JH-7A, or J-10. By the look, @MastanKhan is correct that there is too much fishiness from PAF when it comes to funds. Afterall, this is the same branch that wanted M2K for $100m/aircraft

Hi,

As I had stated earlier---if you look at the 30 + years history of option to buy fighter aircraft---it either looks like an act of COMEDY---or an act of total incompetence---or absolute sabotage---.

that seems to be exaggerated claim..concept is that its theoretically possible that 9b pending in CSF might be diverted to US weapons as it will be win win for both instead of just releasing the money to Pakistan

put I am skeptical about that..

otherwise we saw how PAF walked away from 8 f16 b52

Hi,

With the result that I see---how their mind works---it is like an open book---. For you---they are the " mythical creatures "---for me---below ordinary---.

If living abroad was the decisive factor---there are quite a few posters over here who live abroad and do not know didley sh-it---.

Hi,

As I had stated earlier---if you look at the 30 + years history of option to buy fighter aircraft---it either looks like an act of COMEDY---or an act of total incompetence---or absolute sabotage---.

Dear Mastan,

You have been saying this for a decade now on this forum. That PAF high command has been sabotaging the purchase of new fighters. I agree with you they keep fiddling with no clear plan of what they wish to purchase and when. They are happy with what they see. rather than see that the world has moved on to F15s SU35s and F35s.

However, the problem i feel is less with PAF high command or procurement section. The problem i believe solely lies with the Pakistan Army.

The army consumes the major bulk of the budget whatever is left is given to PAF and lastly Pakistan Navy is left to scrap the bottom of the barrel.

So unfortunately i feel the PAF has major budget constraints to procure any major weapons. No one clearly knows the defence budget of Pakistan breakdown as in which branch of the armed forces gets how much money to procure what they require.

Window to procure something to replace Mirage IIIs and Vs is running out since a decade but it seems PAF is helpless.

Yes, can we not do it with current capability.

Hi,

India-Pakistan-Map-669px.jpg

You fly down keeping 450-500 miles away from the enemy coastline---angle in towards mumbai and depending what you are carring---2 Babur cruise missile or 2 CM400 akg---you let go from 250 miles to 400 miles away---make a turn and dash away---.

What can we say... It's complicated and complex.

We couldn’t afford the Rafale. Breathe and calm down.
really is that what your ans to every thing is we didn't had money to buy them ...when all the branches of military and paramilitary forces were busy changing uniforms where did the money came from did someone left shit loads of bags outside the offices ....where did the money come from to build the new headquarters for all 3 branches of military in Islamabad ..... the dum arse top commands are happy to spend money on things which are actually not needed but wont spend the money on actual equipment ... you cant win wars with modern uniforms can you ?

Hi,

Hi,

its not an act of comedy or incompetence its actually treason these people should be shot live on tv lol but we cant expect that ever in our life time as generals and air chiefs and top brass of armed forces are untouchables or lets say THE HIDDEN PUPPETS OF OUTSIDERS

Well, not everyone who's against JH-7 or J-10 believes the F-16 Block-72 will come.

Pakistan's macroeconomic picture is as clear as day, there are scarcely few dollars available. Full stop.

It's a mathematical constraint, we can't import a nice new jet unless we have $1bn+ in hard dollars available every year for 10+ years.

When we had a better economy (via the 1970s), this was doable. When we had aid to hide the gap (Mushy), doable (but things went downhill fast post 2004).

We're only now cutting the trade deficit, albeit with limited prospect of driving more exports to bring in foreign currency.

Our biggest mistake was not investing in developing critical tech like gas turbines or semiconductors at home (even if separately from defence). That could've given us a good base for exporting, attracting foreign investment, etc. To this day, we're still scoffing at it.

Last edited:
Great analysis as always not biased like many others
Well, not everyone who's against JH-7 or J-10 believes the F-16 Block-72 will come. Pakistan's macroeconomic picture is as clear as day, there are scarcely few dollars available. Full stop.

It's a mathematical constraint, we can't import a nice new jet unless we have $1bn+ in hard dollars available every year for 10+ years.

When we had a better economy (via the 1970s), this was doable. When we had aid to hide the gap (Mushy), doable (but things went downhill fast post 2004).

The only now cutting the trade deficit, albeit with limited prospect of driving more exports to bring in foreign currency.

Our biggest mistake was not investing in developing critical tech like gas turbines or semiconductors at home (even if separately from defence). That could've given us a good base for exporting, attracting foreign investment, etc. To this day, we're still scoffing at it.

But how many other countries can do that?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom