What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 180 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.2%

• Total voters
in recent days a quality answer like u sir is rare and rare.
our new Pak netizens seem to not consider china as trustful partener, but a cunning merchant. meanwhile they want china to act as a dump rich guy who would send high quality equipment just for free, or at some sort of loans which pakistan wont cost what it should cost.

on one hand,they dont trust china on selling equipment at a fair price, on the other hand, they thought china should fulfil its obligation to help Pakistan for free. “all weather friend" is a word used by them to describe china's obligation,not Pakistan's.

well, in this situation, these netizens would never get the best equipment they want. just pay the fair price for western weapon is a better choice.

here if china play as a cunning businessman ,why would China bother upgrading JF17? we could just abondon it and send a FC31 ppt (not even to make a demonstrator ) for Pakistan and bragging a bright future (just like Turkey's TFX and Korea's KFX or even fance-german 5-gen plan). we can save talent guy who are still working on JF17 to work on the J20 upgrading and J11upgrading.
the trust between two countries should really be cherished,not be damaged by some fantasy netizens.

Hi,

I have been writing on this forum for over a decade---. One of my biggest area of concern was a lack of security commitment to Gwadar port by both the parties---pakistan / China. Both showed a lackadaisical approach towards it for the longest time till the day the chinese navy ships were visiting the port and an indian sub was found lurking in the pakistan waters years ago---.

That was a shocker for both the countries---which resulted in signing of the 8 submarine deal and then later a deal for 4 type 054 frigates---. What is missing here is heavy naval strike platform like the JH7A's---.

The govt of Zardari in the past had no interest in making a deal with china---he was only into making money---.

Nawaz had his interests in India---so he was least concerned about the issue---and that put china in a very difficult position---.

A tactful / resourceful operator on pakistan's side would have made china supply more tier 1 weaponry to pakistan for covering Gwadar to cover the interest of both the nations at a very nominal cost which in the end would have been covered by china---. By Tier 1 I mean aircraft---. I would rather have 50 + fully upgraded JH7A's naval version than anything else at this time sitting at Pasni & Masroor---.

If china claims pakistan to be china's israel---then it will have to pay the price as well---. Pakistan will also have to learn to accept its power position in the region and will have to act on it as well---. Staying and acting neutral will end in the demise of pakistan's power base---. Pakistan will still exist---but without any teeth---.

Today at 12:04 PM#1921

Hi,

I am going to add to the above post---. Both pak navy and chinese navy knew about incursions by the indian navy---and they had happened many a times before---but did not become public knowledge---so there was no raising of any concern or fear---.

But when this old beat up indian sub broke down in pakistani waters---in a NON THREATENING area---that became a major cause of concern---and that is where my second sub theory came out---why was this sub surfacing in a non threatening area---why was this old sub even in the region---why did it pop up---and who was it creating a diversion for---where was the elusive second sub that this was covering up for---???

Last edited:
People here putting too much faith in JF-17 if had been that great we would have used it to down IAF planes which we didn't. It proved one thing that it is a low tier jet and cannot fight against heavy hitters like SU-30MKI here comes in the Falcon which has been keeping the technological fight with Indians at bay for las our decades until Rafale and S400 comes in than game over for us and what we are looking at Project AZM is just a fantasy we don't have the industrial base to undertake such an ambitious project on our own we need a partner and West is not willing to come in only leaves China which is struggling itself to produce sufficient engines. We are only day dreaming we should have inducted J-10 long ago as JF-17 is not at par with it. A J-10 with an AESA radar and hybrid of east and west technology can give us some time stand up against the Indians until AZM sees the day of light.

People here putting too much faith in JF-17 if had been that great we would have used it to down IAF planes which we didn't. It proved one thing that it is a low tier jet and cannot fight against heavy hitters like SU-30MKI here comes in the Falcon which has been keeping the technological fight with Indians at bay for las our decades until Rafale and S400 comes in than game over for us and what we are looking at Project AZM is just a fantasy we don't have the industrial base to undertake such an ambitious project on our own we need a partner and West is not willing to come in only leaves China which is struggling itself to produce sufficient engines. We are only day dreaming we should have inducted J-10 long ago as JF-17 is not at par with it. A J-10 with an AESA radar and hybrid of east and west technology can give us some time stand up against the Indians until AZM sees the day of light.
Yes concur, and @MastanKhan and i have said jh-7s are a must to allow for deep strike and long range patrol. jf-17 is not a all solve machine; it is limited by its size; j-10 allows a counter balance to rafales and is a different beast in overall performance.

Guys from CCS mirage have infact scored simulated kills against both F.16's and JF.17's many times, these guys are seriously good at what they're doing.
Yes there is a difference between these vs Su's/M2k which can take them on at standoff range.

DSC_0023.jpg
Found this picture that i took during 14th Aug Airshow in Islamabad.

Mirage in a vertical climb while releasing flares.

I think the SU-35 deal can replace the Mirages in the South - my guess is, if it happens, it is in lieu of Russian interest in getting access to the Gwader port.

I think the SU-35 deal can replace the Mirages in the South - my guess is, if it happens, it is in lieu of Russian interest in getting access to the Gwader port.
no, they already have access to indian ports. su35 is ideal but geopolitiks is at a strange cross road at present.

Back
Top Bottom