What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
49209905_2385536688140782_3436832061460054016_n.jpg

Yes, that is my Fav. PNS-Babur, Ex County Class. PN had to let it go to rust bucket due to high cost of operations. That beast was designed to take a beating, not like today's Tin Foils. I boarded it once, got a grand tour ( high School Class ) and fell in love with it, too bad my eye sight didn't agree with my desire to join the Armed Forces.

Yes, that is my Fav. PNS-Babur, Ex County Class. PN had to let it go to rust bucket due to high cost of operations. That beast was designed to take a beating, not like today's Tin Foils. I boarded it once, got a grand tour ( high School Class ) and fell in love with it, too bad my eye sight didn't agree with my desire to join the Armed Forces.
Indeed, a beauty. I did not get a chance to board it when it visited Dar in a group. Instead was taken aboard Tariq

What if we start building an improved version of this with RD-93 engine and DSI Intakes?

Using same airframe deisgn with DSI intakes and components from these airfarmes.
@Knuckles @Bilal Khan 777
I'm no Mirage expert. But this airframe is of an old design. Need something new. No harm in having similar components on a newer design.

Cheers !!!

I'm no Mirage expert. But this airframe is of an old design. Need something new. No harm in having similar components on a newer design.

Cheers !!!
Like using Cheetah C type airframe,constructed with same material which is being used in JFT airframe.
I am sure current airframe would be not flight worthy soon,but ROSE components on which we did spent fair amount of cash would be ok.

With DSI intakes and modern airframe we would a fighter which is better then M3&5 and it would have enough room for future upgrades.

Like using Cheetah C type airframe,constructed with same material which is being used in JFT airframe.
I am sure current airframe would be not flight worthy soon,but ROSE components on which we did spent fair amount of cash would be ok.

With DSI intakes and modern airframe we would a fighter which is better then M3&5 and it would have enough room for future upgrades.

In short you want the J10C. I think PAF is enamoured but torn between one or two engines.
A

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom