What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
Take a bow Mirage Engineers Take a Bow .... parts look mint fresh
If we can just get an AESA for the Mirage or CPU upgrade would it not be nice
DrPHClmXQAEvMeM.jpg

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

5ae5d08d73512-jpg.501040

Technically if we just upgrade the Computers / Radar rest of plane looks in great shape
They are going through inhouse upgrades.

Yes this seems to be the only option but whats the current status ... I want to know if the role is already transferred ...
Yes, the Block I had limited A2G capability, on end the Block II and Block II+ came into the fleet, the Thunders have taken over more and more of the nuclear role, except the stand off role, which I think is still with the ROSE II Mirages.

They are going through inhouse upgrades.

Not upgrades, just rebuild.

FC-20 wasn't around in 1947 and neither were we :P watch and see what happens Imran things are changing my brother watch and see.

J-10 is not going to be a cheap aircraft to buy. I don't want us to waste precious funds just so we can have another jet in our orbat with its associated costs and infrastructure. Same funds can be used for so many other priorities, like Al-Khalid production, indigenous satellites and related SLVs, cyber warfare and security etc. J-10 should be low on the priority list as it eats into not only JF-17s production but delays funding for strategic imperatives like the AZM project for the PAF.

PAF is not under overwhelming threat or odds that are stacked very heavily against it right now, and in fact its position is getting stronger each time a new JF-17 rolls off the line. IMO we need to concentrate on that as far as any procurement's go.

PAF is not under overwhelming threat or odds that are stacked very heavily against it right now, and in fact its position is getting stronger each time a new JF-17 rolls off the line. IMO we need to concentrate on that as far as any procurement's go.
For the current war in western region as well as any future war, PAF has odds heavily stacked against it due to absence of some functionalities. A stronger Air Force prevents causalities on the ground, in the sea as well as civilians.

PAF still lacks a dedicated EW fighter (not just an aircraft), enough numbers of fighters and transport aircraft to support Army and Navy simultaneously, a dedicated air to ground missile for JF-17, a 4.5 gen heavy aircraft for CAP or strike missions. In the longer run, a 5th gen aircraft to get air superiority over enemy, a 4th gen aircraft that could carry ALCM, a sanction free aircraft above F-16 category, Indian S-400, long range AAM's missing in PAF arsenal to give enemy AWACs a scare etc

This is where the FC-20 comes in to play if PAF plays its card right this time.
The only worthwhile plus that FC-20 offers is a "sanction free" plane. J-31 offers more.

For the current war in western region as well as any future war, PAF has odds heavily stacked against it due to absence of some functionalities. A stronger Air Force prevents causalities on the ground, in the sea as well as civilians.

PAF still lacks a dedicated EW fighter (not just an aircraft), enough numbers of fighters and transport aircraft to support Army and Navy simultaneously, a dedicated air to ground missile for JF-17, a 4.5 gen heavy aircraft for CAP or strike missions. In the longer run, a 5th gen aircraft to get air superiority over enemy, a 4th gen aircraft that could carry ALCM, a sanction free aircraft above F-16 category, Indian S-400, long range AAM's missing in PAF arsenal to give enemy AWACs a scare etc

The only worthwhile plus that FC-20 offers is a "sanction free" plane. J-31 offers more.

Wrong, FC-20 offers a lot more then what PAF currently has plus J-31 is years away for us to have think logical !!

Wrong, FC-20 offers a lot more then what PAF currently has plus J-31 is years away for us to have think logical !!
You are entitled to your opinion, however i stand with mine.

I can quite easily see PAF making more than 150 Block III JF17s. You only have to look at how many Mushtaq's were made to see there will be a long production run of the JF17 that may see it go past 300-350 units in PAF service once you factor in the Project Azm...

Project Azm, will mostly likely fail if PAF is trying to do a clean sheet greenfield design. Pakistan has no experience of even designing a basic propellor based plane like the Mushtaq, so going to a 5th Gen design for the first home grown plane is odd, and will be doomed to failure.

Its Mushshak not Mushtaq.

Back
Top Bottom