What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
J-31 at least 5 years away from production line and after that extra 10+ years for more development (look at JF-17 , F-35 etc) or what you call it maturity !!!!!!
J-10 passed his production line phase and now almost touching Maturity ………. We cannot replace all the birds with JF-17 ,,,,,, 2 options are here to replace Mirages ,
  1. Go for single engine Delta Wing bird in this case J-10 only option(J-10 is completely different class then JF-17)
  2. Replace them with heavy 4.5 Gen bird , in this case Su-35 , J-16 or EFTs are the options
If we look at both options Number 1 will cost us less , and doable in less time. Mirages passed their age , now we have to let them go . Remember China using 100s of J-10 that means they will spent many billion $$$ required for future upgrades …… This will Help PAF a lot.... Why ? Juts look at JF-17 block III we are still not able to chose AESA radar for this block...
To replace F-16 we have good 15 years in hand , for this purpose we have to join hand with Turkey and Work on Single engine TFX (next Gen , 5th Gen) programme...…. We can call it AZM 2
And for Heavy 5th Gen , Current AZM (May be J-31) project will do ……………
Rest time will tell ….

Im going with PAF's logic, which i'm sure is Valid.

That's where you are wrong again and again … you will feel very foolish when PAF has FC-20 flying in its colors. Learn, listen and understand before going back and forth for something that doesn't make any sense nor has any LOGIC.

That's where you are wrong again and again … you will feel very foolish when PAF has FC-20 flying in its colors. Learn, listen and understand before going back and forth for something that doesn't make any sense nor has any LOGIC.
Being foolish is no sin, every stage gives a learning chance, so keep your childish comments to yourself. Now "IF" (and a big very IF) PAF inducts FC-20, then your logic will be considered, till then i stand by PAF's and mine.

Being foolish is no sin, every stage gives a learning chance, so keep your childish comments to yourself. Now "IF" (and a big very IF) PAF inducts FC-20, then your logic will be considered, till then i stand by PAF's and mine.

Childesh you are and I mean really out there stop going and back forth with me you make no sense nor have the knowledge nor the no about of PAF I don't need to you consider jack you are no one but a silly person behind the screen. That's why more then half the people agree with what I stated other then people like you which have no clue keep your dumb comments to your self and keep living in your little boy fantasy world because that's as far as you are going with that dumb mindset of yours.

Calm down boss. Like most i guess, i too agree with u cent percent but he is entitled to his ideas, opinion and putting them out in open for discussion and critical analysis by us all. He is resilient and adamant thus he must believe to be on the rt conclusion. No need to pass statements or derogatory remarks boss.

The only worthwhile plus that FC-20 offers is a "sanction free" plane. J-31 offers more.

Hi,

These two are extremely different aircraft---different function and utility---.

The FC20 is to fill in the deficiency in the current ranks---.

The J31 is about 10 years away from being fully integrated---.

But for the J31---it needs a complimentary heavy strike aircraft to carry the load---and that would be an aircraft of the type of JH7A.

Based on last article in AFM paf is still overhauling mirages as they will be around till at least 2025-2028

Block 3 will replace the mirages or majority of them and 2–3 sqn by another type if economy is better after 2020/22 and/or pac/paf is successful in selling jf in big numbers in next 5-7 years

I believe any discussion of interim fighter is moot at this point. Max resources seem to be going towards Navy. If one wants to 'follow' the logic of professionals in the armed forces, then the writing is on the wall. The naval threat exceeds even what IAF presents to land forces.

The only thing I find strange is the lack of (public) attention to the naval arm of PAF. It is my hope and prayer that once other naval assets are sorted out, the threat presented by Indian naval fighters will be considered. And my favorite for this role is Su-35. May Allah Help us and Guide us towards the right path. Aameen.

Hi all the learned members keep in mind about lolly thing as Americans are pulling out from Afghanistan and Pakistan looks like in loop between taliban and Afghanistan so see might not be believing and we will be getting rest of the f16 block52 which been held back
Though I’m in in favour of this but due to the habitual nature of GOP it might
Rest assured whatever our wish list is paf will act according to their desire or the Chinese govt
Willing to give these jets against deferred payments
Thank you

Childesh you are and I mean really out there stop going and back forth with me you make no sense nor have the knowledge nor the no about of PAF I don't need to you consider jack you are no one but a silly person behind the screen. That's why more then half the people agree with what I stated other then people like you which have no clue keep your dumb comments to your self and keep living in your little boy fantasy world because that's as far as you are going with that dumb mindset of yours.

I dont think it is childish. You make assumptions based on information available in public domain and looking at the finances of the country which are dire.
The next buying spree in my assessment would be 2020,-21 for induction in 2023-24. If stealth ACs become available would you still buy J10s? So the real question is when will they become available?. J20 is entering limited production and j31is progressing albeit slowly. In my view because the Chinese hand down technologies from one to other platform the devellpment times MAY BE reduced. So even if we are looking at 2023-25 bracket would it be better to get a stealth platform or a 4th, 4.5th generation platform. This in my view is the crux of the matter.
The other thing to remember is what is the Chinese demand for the stealth platform going to be? If they cannot produce enough till 2028-30 to supply then what do we do in the interim.
There is also the Azm project which in my view will not bear fruit till 2035. So we will need an interim solution again what generation remains to be seen.
The last piece of the conundrum is whether we get single engined fighter or a twin engined fighter especially for Naval ops but also for longer time on station.
Till we know what is available and practical we cannot see how PAF will progress. This is the reason for differing opinions.
A

J-10 will never come next will be j-31 order in 20-22 we are not that rich to buy jets for 10 years guys

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom