What's new

Big Win- Indian Muslim Women(Supreme Court Declares triple talaq Practice 'Unconstitutional)

Arre bhai, original clusterpuk kisne kiya caste apartheid ka over thousands of years. Jiske liye yeh kadam uthane pade?

Cheers, Doc
Brahmins, Thakurs, Rich and powerful people of almost every community. You know the usual suspects. Those with money and power. Come in all shapes sizes colours castes and religions.

Muslims get quotas. Just not as Muslims.
No one gets a quota for being a member of a particular religion. There is a much stick issue with that. You can change your religion at will in India. What if I become christian to avail Christian quota? How will you stop that? Will there be two catagories of Christians. Noteworthy point, you cann't change your caste.

Muslims get quotas. Just not as Muslims.

See above.

I believe they get the same amount as Hindu dalits do. As dalits.

No Muslims don't have any quotas. They are happy with this triple talaq result and lolly pops like Hajj subsidy and things like that...I think Indian Muslims has never asked for quotas meant for OBC caste...

quoting here @EndangeredSpecies "There had been demands and proposals to include Muslims in OBCs. It may happen in future if there is enough push."

I don't know whether my answer will be appropriate or not.
Hence, apologies in advance.
Considering that the hindu caste system has two classes who are most deprived, financially and more importantly, socially ie the shudras and the ati-shudras (dalits); its only the hindus' responsibility for the "positive discrimination" and from their share. till now, I agree with @padamchen .
Now can the aggrieved party (minorities who are not included in +ve discrimination) say for sure that they haven't "used" the services of the so called party (who are included in +ve discrimination) during their stay in india ? tough answer.

quoting here @EndangeredSpecies "There had been demands and proposals to include Muslims in OBCs. It may happen in future if there is enough push."
Dont quote me there mate. These quota systems are very complicated. It is in national level and state level. There are a fukken 26 or 28 states now in India and each one can introduce muslims or christians in OBC. So all I know someone got crazy enough to do that!

Not unless apartheid is practised.

I would like to know why I and my people as Parsis or Christians or Muslims or Sikhs or Buddhists have to pay for the Hindu caste system in the form of reservations in education.

Can someone provide an answer besides telling me to be grateful or providing a one way ticket to Iran?

Cheers, Doc

I am also a sufferer of this cast based reservation system and want that this system must go.

But to answer your question, let us get in the reasons of why our forefathers included 10 years reservation for OBC/Scheduled caste/Scheduled Tribes. The rationale is to bring the oppressed (1000 years) fellow citizens in level playing field. The intention was good. For your information in UP and West Bengal some Muslims are also falling in the bracket of Other Backward Classes (OBC)

But in our constitution the provision for reservation was for 10 years only. Our ruler failed miserably to uplift under privileged to the level playing field and put this burden of failure on our head and extended the reservations year after year and still we are suffering.

Now , this quota system is only created a creamy layer in lower caste who are well off and getting this privileges over generations. I know a family Govt jobs using where there are 8 members who availed quota .

We must do reservations based on some fundamentals like-
1. Reservation based on Income level and not on Caste based
2. Rule must be there if a family availed quota once/twice , the same family can never avail the quota again.

This will serve the purpose of the intention of our constitution. Nobody like you will be annoyed in such case. Hindu, Sikh, Muslim --all can avail reservation based on income level once and then next generation have to fight based on merit

Last edited:
Noteworthy point, you cann't change your caste.

Which India do you live in.

I know at least 3 boys in my own class who changed their surnames and caste at the begining of the 11th std before entering the 12th (registration for ISC) to avail of caste quotas for IIT and Medicine.

This was in 1988.

Cheers, Doc

I don't know whether my answer will be appropriate or not.
Hence, apologies in advance.
Considering that the hindu caste system has two classes who are most deprived, financially and more importantly, socially ie the shudras and the ati-shudras (dalits); its only the hindus' responsibility for the "positive discrimination" and from their share. till now, I agree with @padamchen .
Now can the aggrieved party (minorities who are not included in +ve discrimination) say for sure that they haven't "used" the services of the so called party (who are included in +ve discrimination) during their stay in india ? tough answer.

In all likelihood, many of the minorities (ancestral Hindu converts) actually suffered themselves because of the caste system.

And are now having to share in the reparations.

Crazy.

Cheers, Doc

I know at least 3 boys in my own class who changed their surnames and caste at the begining of the 11th std before entering the 12th (registration for ISC) to avail of caste quotas for IIT and Medicine.
Thats illegal. I know of one person who got jailed for doing that. You can get away with that but if found out and charged, you can end up in hot water. These folks usually remove their surnames to claim to be SC/STs.

Ultimately, caste certificate is a piece of paper. If you pay your way or use influence, you can get one. But it can get you in trouble.

Thats illegal. I know of one person who got jailed for doing that. You can get away with that but if found out and charged, you can end up in hot water. These folks usually remove their surnames to claim to be SC/STs.

No man.

In Bihar you take on the surname of "Gupta".

All is well.

Cheers, Doc

No man.

In Bihar you take on the surname of "Gupta".

All is well.

Cheers, Doc
The person I know is from Bihar only. He dropped his surname. His name was X Kumar Shukla. He dropped Shukla part and claimed to be a SC. Ended up in jail when someone got jealous.

There are common surnames among SCs and say Thakurs. But that does not entitle you for caste benefits. Caste is not surname deep. As I said, you can get away with it. But you can also land in hot soup.

Dont quote me there mate. These quota systems are very complicated.

Reading most of Indians comments...what I gathers is sure many of them had suffered due to unfair/fair quota system given to ST/SC/OBC castes in India.

...at the same premise they want an end to the affirmative action or call it +ve discrimination(can't be a positive discrimination ever) but not calling for an end to the real problem....like calling for an end to the caste system, instead of calling for the end to the reservations....

...the problem lies here as mentioned earlier, it is like ending one problem by creating another set of problems...it comes full circle.

And the answer is there is no solution in sight....

Not unless apartheid is practised.

Which is already there in our Constitution.

I would like to know why I and my people as Parsis or Christians or Muslims or Sikhs or Buddhists have to pay for the Hindu caste system in the form of reservations in education.

Can someone provide an answer besides telling me to be grateful or providing a one way ticket to Iran?

Seedhi baat karte hain. Jab Bharatiya hi nahin rahe or Hindu Musalman Sikh Issai ki drishti se ek doosre ko dekh rahe hain.

Cheers, Doc

Simple hai bro,

What ever be the rationale behind reservation, today it is used as tool for votes,

let me explain, we are not a resource rich country, and there will always be a section having under privileged individuals. Its not a magic wand which will uplift entire section, in fact given our economy even the dominating sections will have some underprivileged ones.

Now SC/ ST/ OBC constitutes ~70%, "AAJ KISI KE PAS GOODA NAHI HAI KI RESERVATION HATA DA"
It is impossible to get rid of reservation in a democratic set up !!!!!

Buddhists, Christians and Sikhs use caste certificates to get reservations,

Again the rationale behind reservation was to cater to underprivileged nothing related to Hinduism however the implementation was wrong (caste based), they classified people based on caste instead of any other metric (rural/ urban, income etc.)

Dont blame Hinduism, "Agar Ambedkar US me paida hua hota to color based reservation ho gaya hota :P"

Back
Top Bottom