What's new

Big Win- Indian Muslim Women(Supreme Court Declares triple talaq Practice 'Unconstitutional)

You tell me!

Dads worked together in the same company.

We went to the same clubs.

For 12 years of our school life.

Suddenly before IIT/Medical they became dalit.

My close friend I used to sometime joint study with leading up to the entrances. He got a Bishop's certificate and got into a top Christian Medical College in the south.

These things do leave an impact on a young student's life moving forward.

I was good enough and lucky enough to get into a top college on my own. But when 6 lakh students sit for 120 seats, there are bound to be a lot of seriously traumatized kids.

You know, a crazy idea stuck me.
All PAN cards are linked to Aadhar. So when a student goes for college entrance, let him/her quote Father's / Mother's Aadhar number.
Check that number for Financial status of family and if is more than a certain value, decide if reservation benefit should be passed on to him / her if applied for.
They've used the system to weed out undeserving beneficiaries of government subsidies, why not here!
What say Doc!

All PAN cards are linked to Aadhar. So when a student goes for college entrance, let him/her quote Father's / Mother's Aadhar number.
Check that number for Financial status of family and if is more than a certain value, decide if reservation benefit should be passed on to him / her if applied for.
They've used the system to weed out undeserving beneficiaries of government subsidies, why not here!
What say Doc!

Who will bell the cat?

And cease to exist as a political party in India?

Cheers, Doc

It has more to do with the stance taken by Muslim personal law board. Who wanted to keep the instant three talaq system.

While the Muslims women organization wanted it to go. Both had some fierce arguments in courts.

Probably title suggests that.

The title does mislead into believing that somehow talak has totally been banned.

Anyways why the indian Muslim board was favoring instant talak?

The title does mislead into believing that somehow talak has totally been banned.

Anyways why the indian Muslim board was favoring instant talak?
Apparently, it is male dominated board. So, they don't want that power taken away from them.

What say Doc!
Its not a question of 'how'. More of a 'why'. There is not enough motivation in society to remove caste based reservation system.

Without any valid reasoning how could they enforce this?

Sharia.

Massive debates man.

Screaming and shouting worse than communal debates.

Same story during the temple/dargah controversies.

We are thankfully still a very loud people as long as we are protected.

My fear is, the law is great.

But who is going to really protect these Muslim women at home within their society?

Cheers, Doc

So the ones who decided and made a law are not responsible for protecting?

Please man ....

Aap Musalman mulk mein rehte hain. You guys in many ways are more liberal than our Muslims.

At least definitely your upper well to do educated class.

It is not a happy picture here. And we cannot interfere.

Cheers, Doc

So the ones who decided and made a law are not responsible for protecting?
They do. There are laws against that like 498A. These laws are so draconian that one can get arrested on a mere conjecture of DV. Heck even the woman does not have to file a case, her relatives can do that on her behalf. But once it is done, marriages are usually over.

Please man ....

Aap Musalman mulk mein rehte hain. You guys in many ways are more liberal than our Muslims.

At least definitely your upper well to do educated class.

It is not a happy picture here. And we cannot interfere.

Cheers, Doc

So why did indian state even bother to decide this?

I don't know whether it is because you are totally Muslim, and our Muslims are in a siege mentality, or that your Muslims are really more liberal and forward thinking than ours, but impressive nonetheless.

Don't know about the difference. It could be since we are a Muslim country every case is scrutinized and interpretation on Islamic shariah is discussed with both lawyers making arguments. Quite frankly I haven't studied Indian law so two things have surprised me quite a bit.

A. That you guys have single strike triple talaq. I wonder about your inheritance laws as well. Tell me are Muslim grandchildren allowed inheritance of the grandfather. Bcz in shariah interpretation grandchildren don't have right in grandfathers property. Let me explain.

Let's say the grandfather is alive. He has two sons. One of his sons has a son ( being grand children). The father of that grandchildren dies before the grandfather. Now would the grandchildren inherit from the grandfather in the above scenario. @Joe Shearer maybe ask your lawyer friends.

B. Why doesn't India have a distinct single law for all Indians. India based itself on the fact that the uniformity of India is above creed and religion. Shouldn't the law of the land speak of the same thing. Doesn't having two distinct laws contradict it? Pakistan was based on Islamic principles so we need distinct minority laws and even Islamic sect laws for example shia and sunni laws are different. Marriage laws of christians are different.

Hmmm

Let me tell you another case law.

Facts.

A couple ran away and did marriage without the consent of their household and parents. The parents filed and FIR of kidnapping and caught the boy. The girl came into court and said that she married him of free will. The family filed a case in family courts stating that since the consent of the parents was not received thus the marriage is void and unislamic.

Now this is a very important case law. Case went ahead and Islamic scholars were called. The party argued that its unislamic since consent of parents is required. The courts asked for the presence of boy and girl. Boy was still in police custody and he was tortured and vowed his torture marks. The court passed this judgement.

Consent of parents are not required in Islam. Even the surahs read are a mere formality and not a requirement. Marriage is a contract and not a sacrament and if two consenting adult sign on a nikah nama in the presence of two witnesses then they are married. Parents, tribals, surahs are mete customs and have nothing to do with Islamic law thus marriage shall be treated in lines with a contract. Infact if you actually look at the nikah nama its basically a contract page.

This case law is still used in courts when lawyers argue.

Well there are other case laws as well. Like the christian marriage law one. This one was awesome. The grandchildren inheritance was also amazing one. In pakistan grandchildren can inherit. :p

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom