What's new

Big Win- Indian Muslim Women(Supreme Court Declares triple talaq Practice 'Unconstitutional)

Always intrigued by Parsi community in Karachi Pakistan, educated and cultured and rich too, the diminishing population is a problem here too.

Karachi Pakistan has the likes of Cowasjees into shipping and trading, Avari's into hotels and tourism. Byram Avari in Pakistan owns more than 3 five star hotels and many 4 star properties.

Karachi also has Ghadiallis, and Agha's in the Parsi fraternity.

Check this interesting video of a Parsi visiting his/her family in Karachi. You might get some acquaintance...some old missing relative...

We had relatives in Lahore.

They moved to the US when I was still a boy.

Cheers, Doc

Also year 2022 = End of Haj subsidy.
A supreme Court directive.

We had relatives in Lahore.

They moved to the US when I was still a boy.

Right...see the whole video...it gives a glimpse of life of Parsis in Karachi, breaks the stereotypes also...

Yes many are/has moved to US from Karachi too. But since many has big businesses they are staying here...declining though.

Byram Avari the Parsi gentleman who owns the Avari group of hotels in Pakistan said an interesting thing in one of the function...he said. " P in Pakistan is synonymous with Parsis in Pakistan...like there is a divine relationship, we have "

Right...see the whole video...it gives a glimpse of life of Parsis in Karachi, breaks the stereotypes also...

Yes many are/has moved to US from Karachi too. But since many has big businesses they are staying here...declining though.

Byram Avari the Parsi gentleman who owns the Avari group of hotels in Pakistan said an interesting thing in one of the function...he said. " P in Pakistan is synonymous with Parsis in Pakistan...like there is a divine relationship, we have "

No cases of fundamentalists troubling or killing them?

I read about some high profile ransom kidnappings ...

Muree is also Parsi.

Cheers, Doc

1961 Muslim family law ordinance section 2 deals with dissolution of marriage I believe.

yes dear you are right. I did study the law for one such debate sometimes back. The ordinance in fact abolished the instant triple divorce since its inception decades back in Pakistan

No cases of fundamentalists troubling or killing them?

I read about some high profile ransom kidnappings ...

No cases, no fundamentalist running amok in Karachi...It is all media created myth...

BVS parsi school in Karachi, 2 different buildings...many other heritage buildings here for Paris. The first mayor of Karachi Jamshed Nusserwanjee was a Parsi.

https://www.dawn.com/news/649943
bvs.jpg

13_big.jpg

No cases of fundamentalists troubling

Here is another Parsi from Karachi who went to MIT and now she heads Physics dept. MIT USA.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1239270

the Indian court did the right thing. you cannot give three talak in one go which is common on the indian subcontinent. Once at the time of the prophet a man did this and prophet pbuh was furious saying are you mocking the religion of Allah. with each talak there is a waiting period so that if the hearts of the people concerned are softened with time they may make amends. Talak is hated by Allah but he allows it as it is sometime necessary.
There's a proper system for divorce and that is through filing one in the courts. This method doesn't comply with the legal system of the country.

Hence it was scrapped.

Nice to see there is a waiting period but that's not considered law here. Maybe it was relevant in those times in Saudi Arabia but today this is not the way.

Good, regressive laws of any religious or other group should be done away with.

Pointless!!!!

Most muslim countries including Pakistan did away with triple talak decades ago but more then that divorce is a private matter and to those inclined if triple talak is uttered it stands regardless of law...

So springy, you happy with indian supreme court judgement on triple talaq. ?

Let us debate this logically with reasoning instead of based on emotions.

1. I agree with the decision Because

a. As per Quran there is no such thing called instant triple talaq (divorce 3 times at once).

b. Quran clearly defines rules and conditions for divorce by either party and according to Quran there is specific time period withing which a divorce become effective.

If so then non-Muslims might question why this instant triple divorce was in vogue in different parts including India?

The answer is that during Caliph omar (RA) men started misusing the the rules and conditions for divorce by divorcing wives many times and taking them back thus making women suffer even if those women wanted to get out of the marriage bond. In other words the men started taking it lightly for own benefits and choice hence the Caliph Omar (RA) declared pronouncing divorce thrice in one sitting as valid nullifying the marriage and thus making it impossible for men to take back wives after divorcing.

It was also implemented because often men used to say they divorced wife in anger so the triple instant talaq was made valid to make these men realise that anger is destructive could ruin life hence it should be culled.

The intention of the caliph was to stop exploitation of women .

But again you can see this was also exploited by men denying due rights to women duly given in Islam.

So if you are asking for my opinion well I agree with this decision .

Instant triple talaq is already abolished in many Muslim countries including Saudi Arabia while in Pakistan the process took place in 1956 and it was completely abolished in 1961 Muslim family law .

Back
Top Bottom