What's new

Arjun tank numbers predicted to rise to 500

The Maverick

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Exclusive: Why Indian Arjun Mark I, IA, II are so deadly Tanks (guardingindia.com)
There 3 versions of Arjun

Mark 1 x 124 tanks in service
Mark1a x124 tanks in service

Mark 2 120 tanks ON ORDER

THE MARK 2 is the latest at most powerful simply cannot be stopped by meduim weight T90 or T72
Exclusive: Why Indian Arjun Mark I, IA, II are so deadly Tanks (guardingindia.com)
There 3 versions of Arjun

Mark 1 x 124 tanks in service
Mark1a x124 tanks in service

Mark 2 120 tanks ON ORDER

THE MARK 2 is the latest at most powerful simply cannot be stop[ped by mduim weight T90 or T72

Isn't this the tank that's too heavy to move through the thar desert without falling through the sand?

Trust me saar, this tank is actually in development for 100000 years as it has ancient vedik anti tank mijjile
1612609126017.png

No offend, but this is the most incompetent tanks in the world, developed for 50 years.

Wow,
Can you Chinese come up something more insulting....

Recently you lot have lost your edge...
At least you had a bark before, now it's just a whimper & lot of begging.

Wow,
Can you Chinese come up something more insulting....

Recently you lot have lost your edge...
At least you had a bark before, now it's just a whimper & lot of begging.
Then tell me when did Arjun development start? I am just saying the facts.
It's 1972.

Most importantly, it's too heavy on west against Pakistan, not suitable for Thar desert nor Panjab. Too heavy on the Himalaya range.

Arjun = Arjunk literally.

Last edited:
It's 1972.

So it’s a grandpa tank. India is building it for museums only. This tank can’t even participate in parades like LCA on a truck since it’s too heavy. India cannot even make a proper parade tank.

It's 1972.
listen we listened this bull crap.regarding tejas and now we have 2 sqds in service
another 80 plus on order
and mark 2 and Amca and wingman drones coming behind this .

Arjun had problems but we have moved from.mark 1 to 1a to 2 three version.
it's looks like a German leopard or usa Abraham.tank it's 65 tonnes in weight and armour and will provide response to pak medium.weight tanks most of which are obselete t59 upgrades called alzarrer or t85 which are t72 era tanks

Last edited by a moderator:
listen we listened this bull crap.regarding tejas and now we have 2 sqds in service
another 80 plus on order

it's looks like a German leopard or usa Abraham.tank it's 65 tonnes in weight and armour and will provide the bitch slap to pak medium.weight tanks most of which are obselete t59 upgrades called alzarrer or t85 which are t72 era tanks
The same weight of Abraham or leopard, but not the same category.
Yes, Arjun bought German engine and transmission, as well as almost all crucial components. But still India Army was forced to buy this piece of toy, they would prefer T-90 over Arjun, everyone knew why.

another 80 plus on order

it's looks like a German leopard or usa Abraham.tank it's 65 tonnes in weight and armour and will provide the bitch slap to pak medium.weight tanks most of which are obselete t59 upgrades called alzarrer or t85 which are t72 era tanks

First things, first mav welcome back from the ban hope some of the pure unsubstantiated, unproven bluster would have reduced and you would have learnt to research more!

so after 50 odd years the mk1 is coming out 80 built so far right........you do know we have over 500 alkhalids original and are now producing the superior alkhalid 1 and very soon upgraded vt4 or alkhalid 2 with enhanced capability like mbt2000.

Red affect has clearly confirmed that Arjun would be a sitting duck in our hot and humid environment as it presents a slower, bigger and under protected target with a ganaga heat signature.

alkhalid original is deemed more maneuverable and has a vastly superior fire power against Arjun. Without the ERA and laser detection upgrade for the alKhalid original. I can confirm that most alkhalid original have laser detectors. Substantial have the era bolts installed for the front armor. This was done when the tanks came in for overhauL since they have been is service for25-30 years now with the Pakistan army.

the new alkhalid 1 have even better equipment. Than the original alkhalid 500+ are expected of this variant

and finally another 600 are expected of vt4 upgraded version or enhanced called alkhalid 2.

So while Arjun may provide some protection it is an inferior design by today’s standards. It would have been much more effective in the 80s when Pakistan may have purchased A-1 Abrams but decide against it due to its heavier and larger profile.

the most important point here of them all is......drum role.......if Arjun was any good why would India purchase more t-90s ?

So while Arjun may provide some protection it is an inferior design by today’s standards. It would have been much more effective in the 80s when Pakistan may have purchased A-1 Abrams but decide against it due to its heavier and larger profile.

k

for those,who keep asking why buy t90 when you have Arjun.

simple...guys

t90 is our medium weight fast paced and back.bone. tank fleet expected 30 regiments close to 2000 tanks by 2022 .

the Arjun is a sledge hammer 58 tonne tank spearheads our heavy regiments. far superior survivability and protection .

China has the same mix t96 in t90 class
t99 in Arjun class

I hope this explains why soon we have 500 heavy Arjuns supporting 2000 plus T90 medium weight tanks

mark 2 has 93 improvements over mark 1 to make it relevant in 21st century.

it looks awesome in size and power

for those,who keep asking why buy t90 when you have Arjun.
Arjun design started with an aim to compete with the A1m1 abrams heavy tank. In the mid-80s with Pakistan's romance with the Americans against SU, it was believed sooner than the later US would provide Pakistan with A1M1s. With that in mind, Arjun's heavy tank design started along with a plan to upgrade the infrastructure to enable logistics for it. But right after the break of SU and Indian opening up its economy, Pakistanis were shown the gutter and by mid 90s US started to approach India with the strategic shift in policy. Then there was no need for a heavy tank as PA was stuck with Chinese junk anyway.

another 80 plus on order

well, it seems Pakistan is already defeated. Its tank defeated , after few comments by Indians and a video by another India, who needs language training to pronounce words properly, both in English and Hindi.

So When is India attacking Pakistan and getting 11000 sq Km land grab by China recently!!

I expected it. People didn't notice that the tank Modi was riding on recently was an Arjun.

With the new 1500 BHP ready and complete, this is actually preparation for the new Tank, FMBT more than Arjun. Looks like the DRDO is heeding the advice of the Israelis and trating FMBT as an evolutionary successor of Arjun. So having the Arjun in larger numbers will let us develop new doctrines needed for FMBT.

Back
Top Bottom