What's new

DRDO to unveil catapult gun system built on Arjun MBT Mk-I chassis | GSQR trials in May

it is weird.

Self propelled howitzer is 152/155mm caliber ,right ?

I can not see the turret .

How many passengers ?

And SPH normally has a big angle of elevation , so why it has a big cover to limit the angle range ?

So why would go for this instead of Bhem. I thought bigger cal means bigger kill !! Pls correct me if I am wrong.
yes,bigger cal means bigger kill and in most cases,more range.
We already operate guns of this class,and may be thats the main reason for IA going for these guns. Also,these ones have more mobility than Bhim.

A question about assault rifle:
What F-INSAS multi caliber rifle development?

Mark 1 was shown to fire Lahat long time ago.

And still not capable:

Stay in touch with us via Tapatalk app

The rifle is being trial by DRDO.

It's offtopic.
Yeah i know off-topic but i couldnt find any other more relevant threads

DRDO is supposedly on its way making a multi cal rifle.

@Anand Suren: our multical gun is capable of firing 5.56mm,7.62mm and 6.8mm and has a bullpup design.
Any idea about their recent developments and when they will made public?
why so much secrecy?

Arjun 1 and 2 are different tanks with different specs. On 1 there was no such problem.
Read the article..

Your assumption is wrong itself.. Considering mk2 is an improvement of mk1 itself and still has flaws as @Dazzler pointed out.

Read the article..

Your assumption is wrong itself.. Considering mk2 is an improvement of mk1 itself and still has flaws as @Dazzler pointed out.

I have not assumed anything, the link you provided doesn't even mention Arjun 1 anywhere.Barrel of both tanks are different. It's you who is judging performance of 1 on the basis of mark 2's.

I have not assumed anything, the link you provided doesn't even mention Arjun 1 anywhere.Barrel of both tanks are different. It's you who is judging performance of 1 on the basis of mark 2's.

The obsolete tank gun of mk1 is enough proof:.. Even the article is calling it an improvement .. Over the older mk1... All your blogs like ********,broadsword etc even indian forums are prove me right..

Apart from tht if mk1 was capable of firing atgms why is it an issue to do it with it's upgraded version which has no structural redesign?

Does it make any sense?

The obsolete tank gun of mk1 is enough proof:.. Even the article is calling it an improvement .. Over the older mk1... All your blogs like ********,broadsword etc even indian forums are prove me right..

Apart from tht if mk1 was capable of firing atgms why is it an issue to do it with it's upgraded version which has no structural redesign?

Does it make any sense?

How is MK1 gun obsolete ?? That is some serious wishful thinking.Rifled gun doesn't mean gun is obsolete. To improve accuracy it is prefered over smoothbore guns.

MK 2 is still under development and since these issues cropped up they are not inducted in active service while MK 1 has gone threw such tests and didn't had such problem hence they are in active service.

Which blog are you talking about, can you give me the exact source which says MK 1 can't fire anti- tank rounds ??

There is lot of structural redesign as MK2 is supposed to fire missiles too.

Last edited:
How is MK1 gun obsolete ?? That is some serious wishful thinking.Rifled gun doesn't mean gun is obsolete. To improve accuracy it is prefered over smoothbore guns.

Thts not wishful thinking .. You believe it's more a accurated but it's not a fact.......most modern tanks use smoothbore for a reason.. Apart from challenger or arjun... Also most or should I say all rifled guns in service can't fire missiles..(I could be wrong)..

Theyhave lower range and short life aswell compared to smoothbores...

Also the gun on Arjun is obsolete... Scroll back a few pages n read the thread link I posted.

[mK 2 is still under development and since these issues cropped up they are not inducted in active service while MK 1 has gone threw such tests and didn't had such problem hence they are in active service.

Which blog are you talking about, can you give me the exact source which says MK 1 can't fire anti- tank rounds ??

There is lot of structural redesign as MK2 is supposed to fire missiles too.
Lot of structural changes like what? Era on one side and mine plough?

As for the links you are free to google.. I'm using my iphone.. Hardl for me to post them coz if I do my post gets deleted as I view another page of browse.. Just type mk2 improvements and you will see..

Although words like improvement n capability to fire missile were enough for a sane guy who can read and comprehend in the first place .. Alas..

Here:

Livefist: India's Arjun Mk.2 Tank Revealed

Although the link is full of jingoism and speculations.. But thts not what you asked .. So who cares.. Bye.

Last edited:
Whats the difference between a 120mm MBT and 130MM SPG. Why is one a tank and the other a self propelled gun? Is it the range?

The guns on both are very different. RoF, trajectory, range, calibre, mode of fire, ammunition types everything is different when you compare a LoS weapon like a 120mm rifled MBT gun and a 130mm SPG gun. I'll try and google the stats for each if I can find em.

Back
Top Bottom