What's new

Arjun tank numbers predicted to rise to 500

I expected it. People didn't notice that the tank Modi was riding on recently was an Arjun.

With the new 1500 BHP ready and complete, this is actually preparation for the new Tank, FMBT more than Arjun. Looks like the DRDO is heeding the advice of the Israelis and trating FMBT as an evolutionary successor of Arjun. So having the Arjun in larger numbers will let us develop new doctrines needed for FMBT.
Is that assumptions or

Is that assumptions or

what 'assumption'. the 1500 BHP engine is already complete. Israelis have been repeatedly telling the DRDO and Indian Army that starting from scratch on FMBT is an immensely stupid thing to do. And the Arjun project is obviously reviving if they are placing more orders.

unlike the Arjun, the FMBT (some call it Karna though I don't know if it's just fanboy naming) doesn't start from scratch. Gun, stabilization platform, engine, everying has an existing base. The first project always takes it on the teeth. The ones that come after get the benifit.

for those,who keep asking why buy t90 when you have Arjun.

simple...guys

t90 is our medium weight fast paced and back.bone. tank fleet expected 30 regiments close to 2000 tanks by 2022 .

the Arjun is a sledge hammer 58 tonne tank spearheads our heavy regiments. far superior survivability and protection .

China has the same mix t96 in t90 class
t99 in Arjun class

I hope this explains why soon we have 500 heavy Arjuns supporting 2000 plus T90 medium weight tanks

mark 2 has 93 improvements over mark 1 to make it relevant in 21st century.

it looks awesome in size and power

Arjun is not even In India’s assault cores it’s current role is of a defensive tank in hold formations of India. For all the bluster the Indian army is not scsisdal to face off Pakistani armor with an Arjun. India will probably buy t-14s or more t-90s

Arjun design started with an aim to compete with the A1m1 abrams heavy tank. In the mid-80s with Pakistan's romance with the Americans against SU, it was believed sooner than the later US would provide Pakistan with A1M1s. With that in mind, Arjun's heavy tank design started along with a plan to upgrade the infrastructure to enable logistics for it. But right after the break of SU and Indian opening up its economy, Pakistanis were shown the gutter and by mid 90s US started to approach India with the strategic shift in policy. Then there was no need for a heavy tank as PA was stuck with Chinese junk anyway.

If what you say is true than Indian Arjun has completely failed even after 50 years. Do you think that the Arjun can take on a vt4, alkhalid 1 let alone an m1a1 abram up armored with depleted uranium armor.

people getting really sh...y about Arjun mark 2.

the story mirrors our tejas abuse and people have seen the huge eco system.and new versions and suddenly very quiet.

Arjun story will.go same way

see the reason Indian defence procurement fails is the same reason you are defending it. Instead of defending you prowess one moves to a better solution and fix the problems. It’s the standard banya pan, I have spent money on this and it’s best and I won’t get anything else......the alkhalid original was not better than t-80s we bought so we did not build more than 500. Instead we worked to improve alkhalid to alkalis 1 standards fixing all its issues. Now we induct alkalid2/ an upgraded vt4z see we realize that building things on our own is not going to give us much so we develop our industry with inductions and deletion in the build process over time. Case and point a local battle management system, laser defensive suite and a solid stage auto loader.

k

For anyone educated on military matters on this forum would realize that the T-90 is a bigger threat then the Arjunk.

The arjunk tank has far to many short comings to discuss on 1 forum alone. T-90M though is a capable MBT which has performed fairly well in syria even against TOW missiles.

Arjun is not even In India’s assault cores it’s current role is of a defensive tank in hold formations of India. For all the bluster the Indian army is not scsisdal to face off Pakistani armor with an Arjun. India will probably buy t-14s or more t-90s

If what you say is true than Indian Arjun has completely failed even after 50 years. Do you think that the Arjun can take on a vt4, alkhalid 1 let alone an m1a1 abram up armored with depleted uranium armor.

see the reason Indian defence procurement fails is the same reason you are defending it. Instead of defending you prowess one moves to a better solution and fix the problems. It’s the standard banya pan, I have spent money on this and it’s best and I won’t get anything else......the alkhalid original was not better than t-80s we bought so we did not build more than 500. Instead we worked to improve alkhalid to alkalis 1 standards fixing all its issues. Now we induct alkalid2/ an upgraded vt4z see we realize that building things on our own is not going to give us much so we develop our industry with inductions and deletion in the build process over time. Case and point a local battle management system, laser defensive suite and a solid stage auto loader.

k

You dont build nothing on your own from scratch .............Everything is built and designed in china.

And what do you mean we steadily improve out tanks and resolve our issues.

Arjun mark 1 x 124 tanks
Arjun mark1a x 123 tanks
Now Mark 2 x 248 tanks ( which part of 93 improvements is difficult to digest)

Step by tep,

Tejas mark 1
Tejas mark1a
Tejas mark 2
AMCA

Bury your head in the sand ............ Just pretend it is not happening.

366 Arjuns built in total or on order as this vedio

500 Al Khalids mark 1

93 improvememts in mark 2 as per vedio

Mr marverick is back with his unrealistic list , plan and youtube "vedio" as source.
Anyone with sane mind would have stay low when you had manufactured only 6 tejas in a whole freaking year.

We don't makes list nor hype over ppt, models.

28 J10C, 7 J20 can be seen (there is more ) parking in CAC, waiting to be delivered.
7f8d08b2ly1gndkiptkyij20xu0je443.jpg

Arjun is almost dead. As switching to heavy tank from medium requires a lot of training and changing of infra from ground up. Which mone of the fan boys understanding. Even if tank is realy good army will avoid it definitely just cause if the effort involved to induct it in mass.
Smart thing is to wait for next Gen tank and induct it in mass . As t90 is more than good enough with enough numbers and infra.

I am going to make a lot of people look very silly now

See the link Two regiments of Indigenous Arjun 1A tanks to be ordered by Indian Army: Defense sources - See Latest

Only i day ago the army confirmed 2 more regiments of the improved MARK 1A are to be ordered

thats another 118 tanks ........

In addition the article confirms the Indiam army already have over 240 arjun mark 1 & 1a in service

The artile also states all Arjuns are deployed in desert locations .......... Again i did elude to this

GUYS im am not making this up .

Arjun is a very important plart of the ARMYS future battle plans and is not replacing the russian T72 or T90 meduim weight tanks

The arjuns have a differrent role almost exclusive in desrtt locations and designed to fight on a nuclear battlefield scenario
Two regiments of Indigenous Arjun 1A tanks to be ordered by Indian Army: Defense sources
According to recent reports, the Indian Army has sought additional 118 units of Arjun MBT for its armored corps. It marks Army's further step towards promoting the 'Make in India' initiative. Indian Army already has 242 Arjun Tanks in its service.
By Harkirpal Singh, Updated : Feb 05, 2021 11:48 IST

started in 1972 thats 49 years they built 250 tanks

so 5 tanks per year, and has cost billons

what are they made of Gold + Diamonds?

ITS breaking news from the 4th February 2021

118 more mark1a

We have 118 mark1a already in service

And another 123 mark1 in service

The newest version is the mark 2 not yet orderd this number when ordered wil push numbers of indian heavey regiments to 500 or 8 regments as i mentioned at beginning of thread.

Now you see where i was coming from i hope

Back
Top Bottom