Arabic Coffee shop

Poetry and literature anyone

Read it horizontaly and vertically. Enjoy
It's a poem for Imam Ali ibn abi Talib.

ألــــــــــــوم صديقـــــي وهـــــــــذا محـــــــــــــــــــال
صديقــــــــي أحبــــــــــــه كـــــــــلام يقـــــــــــــــــال
وهـــــــــــذا كــــــــــــــلام بليــــــــــغ الجمـــــــــــــال
محـــــــــــــال يــــــــــــقال الجمـــــــال خيــــــــــــال

Can you show us Iraqi foods? Over here I love the Iraqi food it's amazing but I want to know how it is there please. :)

Pacha? Lol ok il post a sensor image of it. It's one of the "taste better than it looks" food. Basically a lambs head and legs boiled. Served with bread and sometimes rice.
359877.jpg

Dolma,
basically stuffed vine leaves(mostly) as well as stuffed eggplant, pepper, And onions. We call stuffed zucchini "sheik ma7shi" in the south, I don't know about other parts of Iraq. :lol:

Dolma.G.1.JPG

Iraqi bread "khubs"
1622732_263120287180570_950023395_n.jpg

"Sumoon"
Recipe_Image_1344327051.jpg

Kliechê. (some call it ma3mool) Dates rolled in bread.
67140_473128959376803_1251738877_n.jpg

"Masgoof" usually cooked with firewood.
1907360_263120280513904_49661313_n.jpg

Here's some other foods, biryani, tashreeb, kubbah (we don't say kibbeh)
1546276_697114796975367_1403433592_n.jpg

Pacha? Lol ok il post a sensor image of it. It's one of the "taste better than it looks" food. Basically a lambs head and legs boiled. Served with bread and sometimes rice.
359877.jpg

Dolma,
basically stuffed vine leaves(mostly) as well as stuffed eggplant, pepper, And onions. We call stuffed zucchini "sheik ma7shi" in the south, I don't know about other parts of Iraq. :lol:

Dolma.G.1.JPG

Iraqi bread "khubs"

"Sumoon"

Wow, I didn't know that Iraqi food is this close to our food.
BTW, "Kalleh Pacheh" or as you said "Pacha" is famous in Iran. But, I don't like it. Maybe because I haven't tasted it so far.:sick:
Anyway, I did not know that you make Dolma as well. It is one of the most famous dishes of Azerbaijan. :agree: I think this word is derived from the turkish word "Dolmak".:cheesy::D
We have the same bread and pastries as you have posted as well.

Wow, I didn't know that Iraqi food is this close to our food.
BTW, "Kalleh Pacheh" or as you said "Pacha" is famous in Iran. But, I don't like it. Maybe because I haven't tasted it so far.:sick:
Anyway, I did not know that you make Dolma as well. It is one of the most famous dishes of Azerbaijan. :agree: I think this word is derived from the turkish word "Dolmak".:cheesy::D
We have the same bread and pastries as you have posted as well.

Actually the first dish (Khash) is apparently an Armenian dish originally. It is not popular in the Arab world at all aside from parts of Iraq I believe. It is present in Kuwait, Bahrain etc. under the name "پاچة" though.

Dolma is eaten across the Arab world from Syria to Yemen and from Iraq to Egypt. Grape leafs are mostly used. محشي‎ is a popular word. I don't know about the dishes origin though.
Khubz is just the Arabic word for Arabic bread. It is eaten in the entire Arab world. It is just flatbread often made in special ovens.
Goes under the name "خبز".

The only dish that is not eaten in KSA and the vast majority of the Arab world from the images posted is Masgoof which is entirely Iraqi. I have not encountered it anywhere else in the Arab world or outside of it. Also the national dish. Aside from the first dish posted.

I am still unsure if the first dish (Khash) is eaten in the Eastern Province of KSA but it might be very possible.

Also I am not sure if kleicha is eaten anywhere else outside of Iraq and parts of Najd. Although those in Najd differ from the Iraqi ones. They are bigger but more or less similar ingredients are used. Both countries are famous for their date production and dishes involving dates just as Egypt is.

In general the Middle Eastern cuisine like with anything else nearly is very similar overall. Mutual influences, trade etc. has undoubtedly taken place for centuries if not millenniums although each region/country has its own specialties and rare/lesser known dishes.

@Tunisian Marine Corps @Mootaz-khelifi

Could you please post some Tunisian dishes? I am less familiar with that part of Arabic cuisine outside of Moroccan.

But showcasing Arabic cuisine from various Arab countries is an excellent idea. I am just afraid that it is going to make us hungry and those of us who live outside of the ME/Arab World will probably feel homesick for a while, LOL.

Last edited:
Actually the first dish (Khash) is apparently an Armenian dish originally. It is not popular in the Arab world at all aside from parts of Iraq I believe. It is present in Kuwait, Bahrain etc. under the name "پاچة" though.

Dolma is eaten across the Arab world (Mashriq) from Syria to Yemen and from Iraq to Egypt. Grape leafs are mostly used. محشي‎ is a popular word. I don't know about the dishes origin though.
Khubz is just the Arabic word for Arabic bread. It is eaten in the entire Arab world. It is just flatbread often made in special ovens.
Goes under the name "خبز".

The only dish that is not eaten in KSA and the vast majority of the Arab world from the images posted is Masgoof which is entirely Iraqi. I have not encountered it anywhere else in the Arab world or outside of it. Also the national dish. Aside from the first dish posted.

I am still unsure if the first dish (Khash) is eaten in the Eastern Province of KSA but it might be very possible.

In general the Middle Eastern cuisine like with anything else nearly is very similar overall. Mutual influences, trade etc. has undoubtedly taken place for centuries if not millenniums although each region/country has its own specialties and rare/lesser known dishes.

@Tunisian Marine Corps @Mootaz-khelifi

Could you please post some Tunisian dishes? I am less familiar with that part of Arabic cuisine outside of Moroccan.

But showcasing Arabic cuisine from various Arab countries is an excellent idea. I am just afraid that it is going to make us hungry and those of us who live outside of the ME/Arab World will probably feel homesick for a while, LOL.
:tup:
We don't have Masgoof either, but it looks delicious.:P

:tup:
We don't have Masgouf either, but it looks delicious.:P

The way to grill the dish is known in the Arab world when making other dishes (mainly meat not fish) but I can't think of any similar dish in the Arab world. Maybe Maghreb has something similar although I highly doubt it, LOL.

Here is actually a report Al-Arabiya made about that Masgouf dish. The one speaking is an Iraqi talking about its origin, how to prepare it etc.

The way to grill the dish is known in the Arab world when making other dishes (mainly meat not fish) but I can't think of any similar dish in the Arab world. Maybe Maghreb has something similar although I highly doubt it, LOL.

Here is actually a report Al-Arabiya made about that Masgouf dish. The one speaking is an Iraqi talking about its origin, how to prepare it etc.

Why you are offline??

Thanks Dude. But, The video was fully in Arabic language. :undecided:
I found this video in its nearby links:
I think I understood how they make it. I am not very familiar with sea foods, but I think we have some food with the close recipe. The difference in our version is that we open the body of fish, put the vegtables inside the fish, and again close its body and then we put it in oven.

Why you are offline??

That is because I am Houdini. You cannot see me.

Thanks Dude. But, The video was fully in Arabic language. :undecided:
I found this video in its nearby links:
I think I understood how they make it. I am not very familiar with sea foods, but I think we have some food with the close recipe. The difference in our version is that we open the body of fish, put the vegtables inside the fish, and again close its body and then we put it in oven.

Sorry, I forgot that. I cannot find any video in English explaining everything. Doubt that it exist.

I don't know how to explain this in English actually, LOL.

Here is how it is mostly prepared on the streets:

This is how it is grilled. It can be made in many ways. @Alshawi1234 can probably explain more.

Is that not just stuffed fish?:)

EDIT: Actually the video you posted is not made in the traditional way but she explains the process well from what I just quickly saw. You can probably see the whole process if you have watched the whole video. The only difference is that it is not how it is traditionally grilled. I mean the one she is making is in the oven I think? I assume so at least.

Sorry, I forgot that. I cannot find any video in English explaining everything. Doubt that it exist.

This is how it is grilled. It can be made in many ways. @Alshawi1234 can probably explain more.

What is Houdini???
يظاهر انك أتحب السمك المزكوف انا البارحة اشتريت سمكة كارب او سمكة بني ههههههههه

EDIT: Actually the video you posted is not made in the traditional way but she explains the process well from what I just quickly saw. You can probably see the whole process if you have watched the whole video. The only difference is that it is not how it is traditionally grilled. I mean the one she is making is in the oven I think? I assume so at least.

Yes, she was making it in the oven. These days, one cannot anymore make it in the home in the same traditional fashion as the photos that you have posted. :D
Anyway, I suggest you to try this food. Anar(Pomegranate) makes the fish very tasty.

359877.jpg

Dolma,

Dolma.G.1.JPG

Iraqi bread "khubs"

"Sumoon"

Thanks bro! I know all those they just have different names. Although you're using the Chaldean way if referring to them...are you Chaldean? Because.....:

Pocha: كرش
Dolma: ورق عنب
Magsoof: مندي

:)

@al-Hasani

Is that fish thing فسيخ؟

Thanks bro! I know all those they just have different names. Although you're using the Chaldean way if referring to them...are you Chaldean? Because.....:

Pocha: كرش
Dolma: ورق عنب
Magsoof: مندي

:)

@al-Hasani

Is that fish thing فسيخ؟
He is not chaldean he is arab shia these dishes are iraqi not just chaldean

اسم الآكلة السمك المزكوف مش الفسيخ
الفسيخ أكلة سمك مصرية فرعونية من عهد الفراعنة

What is Houdini???
يظاهر انك أتحب السمك المزكوف انا البارحة اشتريت سمكة كارب او سمكة بني ههههههههه

Google هاري هوديني

هذا يبدو جيدا

You really did not know him?:o:o_O Famous illusionist. Jewish-Hungarian.:coffee:

Is that fish thing فسيخ؟

No, it's not Fesikh which is eaten in Egypt and nearby Hijaz. It is a distinct Iraqi dish. Not found anywhere else. Don't think so at least.

The fish used is كارب عادي،

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom