What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Why is Egypt not playing?

1668642631483.png

Why did Egypt not qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar?​

Unfortunately Egypt fell short playing in the African Qualifiers, they reached the third round where they won the first leg against Senegal 1-0 at home, but during the second leg they lost 0-1 with extra time included and during the penalty shootouts Egypt fell to Senegal (3-1).

Sucks for sure and you're right about who to root for. The first time I can remember (and I've been watching this crap sport since the early 70s lol) that the largest mega sports tournaments makes it to an Arab country or even the ME in general and there is no Arab top tier performer.

I think the only other thing to do is pick a good or decent African team. Like for me, Senegal beat us fair and square so why not root for them. But it will probably come down to the usuals - Brazil, France, Italy etc. and heck that won't be so bad either.

Might be the last WC for Messi and Argentina like Maradona's epic last one. Maybe Brazil will actually show up and play like the mega team they used to be if Neymar can stay on his feet and not roll around the ground all the time.

gif-neymar-rolando.gif

Who is gonna watch the 2022 world cup? Why is Egypt not playing? I'm not sure who to root for now, lol. I wish an Arab team can get far.

From what I can see there is Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Tunisia. So not a too small Arab contingent actually given that there are few qualified Asian and African teams to begin with.

I am curious to see if Qatar hosting it, will be an advantage for Arab/African teams. One would think so.

I would not rule out Iran doing better than usual either due to that same reason.

But honestly speaking, I have nothing against Qatar, but if the World Cup should have been hosted by an Arab or Muslim majority country for the first time in history, I could think of at least 10 Arab states that would be more natural hosts due to size, population, native population, football interest, football heritage, let alone non-Arab Muslim nations.

Anyway despite the controversy, in many ways based on blatant Western hypocrisy, I think that Qatar will do a good job hosting the World Cup. The stadiums are world class as are the facilities for the footballers. It is also a special case that all teams are based in such a small geography. Normally most hosts are far larger countries with great geographical distances.

In many case Qatar will be an experiment. Just the fact that the World Cup will be played during the autumn/late winter is a first, if I am not wrong.

For instance I think that Canada, USA and Mexico are going to host the World Cup in 2026. Talk about some huge geographical distances.

Last edited:
View attachment 897516

Why did Egypt not qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar?​

Unfortunately Egypt fell short playing in the African Qualifiers, they reached the third round where they won the first leg against Senegal 1-0 at home, but during the second leg they lost 0-1 with extra time included and during the penalty shootouts Egypt fell to Senegal (3-1).

Sucks for sure and you're right about who to root for. The first time I can remember (and I've been watching this crap sport since the early 70s lol) that the largest mega sports tournaments makes it to an Arab country or even the ME in general and there is no Arab top tier performer.

I think the only other thing to do is pick a good or decent African team. Like for me, Senegal beat us fair and square so why not root for them. But it will probably come down to the usuals - Brazil, France, Italy etc. and heck that won't be so bad either.

Might be the last WC for Messi and Argentina like Maradona's epic last one. Maybe Brazil will actually show up and play like the mega team they used to be if Neymar can stay on his feet and not roll around the ground all the time.

gif-neymar-rolando.gif
Bro the only one I can remember is that one Algerian player. Everyone including the pops were watching it, lol.

Mohammed Salah is what got me into soccer again since everyone was mentioning him. I'm more a football guy but I want to follow this world cup since it's in an Arab country, and I want to see one of them succeed. I think it will be hype.

Lol , looks like Neymar was trying to sell some injuries. :lol:

From what I can see there is Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Morocco and Tunisia. So not a too small Arab contingent actually given that there are few qualified Asian and African teams to begin with.

I am curious to see if Qatar hosting it, will be an advantage for Arab/African teams. One would think so.

I would not rule out Iran doing better than usual either due to that same reason.

But honestly speaking, I have nothing against Qatar, but if the World Cup should have been hosted by an Arab or Muslim majority country for the first time in history, I could think of at least 10 Arab states that would be more natural hosts due to size, population, native population, football interest, football heritage, let alone non-Arab Muslim nations.

Anyway despite the controversy, in many ways based on blatant Western hypocrisy, I think that Qatar will do a good job hosting the World Cup. The stadiums are world class as are the facilities for the footballers. It is also a special case that all teams are based in such a small geography. Normally most hosts are far larger countries with great geographical distances.

In many case Qatar will be an experiment. Just the fact that the World Cup will be played during the autumn/late winter is a first, if I am not wrong.

For instance I think that Canada, USA and Mexico are going to host the World Cup in 2026. Talk about some huge geographical distances.
Yeah bro 4 teams is not bad considering it only seems like 16-20 teams or so. Based on the schedule I saw.

Were their any Arab nations wanting to host the world cup or capable to do so? I would think UAE maybe. Qatar does make sense to me. Saudi Arabia would be a good destination but I wonder if the holy site tourism would complicate things? Or maybe the upcoming Neom city would be a good environment for a potential future world cup?

I would love for it to be hosted in the USA since we never really have that here. Football and basketball games are fun though. I remember going to a few basketball games during my childhood. It's quite different from the television experience. Feels more raw, and the players make it look easy for the television, but on the actual court it's legit basketball with communication and running plays. Definitely worth it if you have a good local team.

Bro the only one I can remember is that one Algerian player. Everyone including the pops were watching it, lol.

Mohammed Salah is what got me into soccer again since everyone was mentioning him. I'm more a football guy but I want to follow this world cup since it's in an Arab country, and I want to see one of them succeed.

It's a real shame that when you look at the hype of the best current players, Salah is most certainly in top 5 - 10 and not seeing him being part of this Arab World Cup really stinks, especially when it's going to be Messi's last one but more importantly, it's an Arab world cup and Salah is an international football superstar who's scored record goals for Liverpool in the last 8 years or so that I don't believe anyone has come close to, as far as Liverpool records are concerned.

I read the stat somewhere when I find it again I'll post it. So not seeing him for example as part of this hype photo is really disheartening.

1668966530510.png

But we know very well it's not his fault since the Egyptian team just can never put it together and make that needed "team" effort.

BTW we can certainly root for Tunisia without a doubt. But it's easy to forget there are quite a few other very good teams as we're seeing in the opening matches.

Wow those devious Iranians collecting some real valuable intel lol.

BTW, small personal question for you on your username, did you have a tumor that was successfully removed Alhamdulillah? Curious because that's such a heavy-duty username so wondering the purpose or was it just spontaneous?

Wow those devious Iranians collecting some real valuable intel lol.

BTW, small personal question for you on your username, did you have a tumor that was successfully removed Alhamdulillah? Curious because that's such a heavy-duty username so wondering the purpose or was it just spontaneous?
Not gonna lie, last one was new to me so their information is pretty useful :devil:

Thanks Allah not it's not related to the physical cancer issue but a mental one.

Story of this username relates to first post on this forum,if I remember correctly there was a Iranian user here that was promoting Iran's science output by stating (wrongly) "Iran is holding 4th place of Nano technology in world (at 2011)" or something like that and another user with Israel flag was making fun of him because based on news at that time Iran was at fourteenth place.

So I created this account to correct Iranian user.

The Islamic Republic has made nanotechnology a priority in recent years, achieving some success. In January, the nanotechnology research website StatNano ranked Iran as fourth in the world in nanotechnology publications.

fast forward to today he was not that wrong though ^ 2022 lol

Not gonna lie, last one was new to me so their information is pretty useful :devil:

Thanks Allah not it's not related to the physical cancer issue but a mental one.

Story of this username relates to first post on this forum,if I remember correctly there was a Iranian user here that was promoting Iran's science output by stating (wrongly) "Iran is holding 4th place of Nano technology in world (at 2011)" or something like that and another user with Israel flag was making fun of him because based on news at that time Iran was at fourteenth place.

The Islamic Republic has made nanotechnology a priority in recent years, achieving some success. In January, the nanotechnology research website StatNano ranked Iran as fourth in the world in nanotechnology publications.

Glad you're ok and it wasn't anything real. That's all that counts. I know someone who's had 3 surgeries to remove it completely doctors finally claiming he was free, yet it came back and killed him in 3 months.

Glad you're ok and it wasn't anything real. That's all that counts. I know someone who's had 3 surgeries to remove it completely doctors finally claiming he was free, yet it came back and killed him in 3 months.
It feels so sad to hear it, is there anything that I can do ?

Here it's almost same story cancers take thousands of lives every year.but on bright sight this might be the last decade of cancer.

It feels so sad to hear it, is there anything that I can do ?

YES! Go get scanned and biopsied as many times and get scanned and biopsied and ultrasound as many times as you can possibly afford.

I thought you were kidding and playing with me. I hope you realize this is not a joke, bro and if true I wish you all the best of health as possible.

Here it's almost same story cancers take thousands of lives every year.but on bright sight this might be the last decade of cancer.

? What do you mean the last decade of cancer?

For a muslim country were some of its people are going hungry due to sanctions. And seriously economically dampened, it top scientist go missing some times or get killed.

I guess I proud of any of their scientific progressive achievements, which can be said for every their Muslim country

Thanks for sharing, looks like a museum more than a library . Interesting stuff.😁😁

is that Mathew Stafford? Thought he was gone?
'Talk about Brady's stubbornness. He won't give retire after 7 super bowls, count them 7 bro with Patriots and the greateatest coach of all time in Bill Belichick and 1 with a nobody lil bil con diddiliy squat squiltinom looooool and he still wants to play probably end up in Las Vegas next year where all the poker and strippers will take all his money and he will come back begging the Brazilian chick which IMO ain't really all that if you ask me just the mother of his kids except for one he should've stayed with the first chick hallway decent actress but very good-;looking and certainly not as snobby as this Nazi experiment and much less noisy but hen again you never know...) and what a horrible ending to a magnificent career all because he couldn't let it go What a MORON, by the true definition of the world.

Funny cuz most of the current players know him and respect him pretty well for what he's done in his carreer, but there are some true behomeoths who despise him for the pretty boy he is and the longetivity and success that he's had that the others who respect him go soft on him when they find themselves on a frewide open tackle and just bear hug him. He stays too long, and he might spend the rest of his days in a wheelchair. Complete idiot should've retired right after the Tamps Super Bowl win. He just has that football disease where he's never been hurt too bady except in 2008 keen bend after the almost undefeated season to really consider the coinsequences of his decisions,

Besides hasn't FOX already signed a contract with him to be an analyst (they'll probabiy give aiman the boot he's the most boring analyst and pay Brady $375 million for 10 years LOLOLOLOLOLOL. That's ok, I guess he can still so that in a wheelchair!

For a muslim country were some of its people are going hungry due to sanctions. And seriously economically dampened, it top scientist go missing some times or get killed.

Mr. Tom-tom, which Muslim countries are you referring to that share both terrible adversities, going hungry due to sanction (I suppose imposed by the US, the great "sarcasm BTW", the UN and NATO, right) and having its top scientists go missing or sometimes killed? I'm only assuming the latter you're referring to Iran, correct? Are you referring the hunger issue to Iran as well or some other Muslim country? Just curious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom