What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Food scarcity is the main reason. they tend to come near shore and got caught by small fisherman.

One exemple.

Mostly small pups are caught by fisherman here but there are records of adult sharks, too.
KabasakalFig1.jpg

Two small pups

DC1E985FED0843D597E6DB4CB5DBDB74.jpg

A juvenile around 3 meters.

Some old records:
4a72c3da6278d7a7c791a443f976e956.jpg

5eae1066-1013-4a59-cac2-233b6f86b7db.png

According to Hakan Kabasakal, a marine biologist the ones in our waters are usually Australian species of great whites with their gray coloring on top unlike brown like African and dark and black American species.

I just want to hear your opinion on this. @Gomig-21 First of all i'm not quiet knowledgeable about the history, relationship between Egypt and Israel. I know they had wars in the past but my knowledge ends there.

Thanks for asking and I'll try to explain it in as short a post as possible, but it's a complex issue so you'll have to bear with me.

The entire relationship has been based on all the wars, and knowing about the wars and how they started and what the results were and who was involved behind the scenes etc. is all part & parcel of understanding why things are the way they are today. So knowing the history of the wars is really important if you want to understand the dynamics of current Egyptian/Israeli relations.

I have seen many posts from various users in PDF which are suggesting Sisi and Egypt being in bed. When i searched "Sisi Israel" in google, i also many many articles written on that issue from various sources including Western ones.

Majority of PDF users are probably the WORST source of information, just FYI. And what does "in bed" mean? That's the real problem with this whole scenario and a common mud-sling that many anti-Egyptians throw around to spew they hatred and venom OR, in many cases as in this forum, their support for other countries that have tensions with Egypt. So the whole notion of Sisi being in bed with the Israelis is more of a feeble attempt at insulting the Egyptian president and Egyptians at the same time.

You have to ask yourself 'why would some idiots say something like that?' Not just because they're idiots, but they're ignorant hypocrites and haters etc. because while they accuse Sisi of doing whatever 'being in bed, means, more than likely the entity they support is doing the same thing -- to some extent -- which they conveniently ignore. But most of us adults pick up on that kinda thing and put them right back in their place. But I'll explain where this stupid "in bed" idiocy comes from later in this post.

Another things is, i recently watched a youtube video. In the video they were pranking some Egyptian celebrities. First they are calling them to channel by saying they are German channel and in the middle of show they say, they are an Israeli channel. All of the Egyptian celebrities freaked out, yelling, punching etc...

Yeah, that guy is, sadly, a famous Egyptian actor/comedian and he took that prank as an insult because he's an absolute filthy animal. He actually slapped the interviewer in the face who was a young, harmless lady and they were doing that interview/prank as sort of a test or experiment to see the reaction of the actor, never expecting it to get out of hand like that, let alone violent where there was actually an act of assault and battery when he slapped the young lady. That lowlife criminal should be in jail for behaving that way and should be punished by the courts and pay that lady a huge amount of money for assaulting her like that. That was a disgrace and frankly, there's a lot of that kinda crap that happens in Egypt which is really too bad. It's a cultural mindset that needs to be fixed by enforcing the rule of laws. I'm not sure what ended up happening after that sad situation, but I hope they at least arrested his sorry *** and at least took him to court.

So, i noticed there should be a huge problem between Israelis and Egyptians, because there seem to be a hate between people if they are showing that much reaction.

There's a large percentage of Egyptians who just don't like being friendly or having cordial relations with Israel, but it doesn't represent the entire masses.

That brings us to question; how can an Egyptian leader happens to be in bed with if his people recents Israel this much as that would be a political suicide.

Ok, so explaining the "in bed" stupidity (and I'm not referring to you BTW, just the line itself is stupid) goes back to the wars we had. 1956, president Gamal Abdel Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal to make it officially Egyptian and not controlled by the British. Brits got pissed off and got together with France and Israel and started a war against Egypt to regain control of the canal. While the British and French attacked the northern port, Israel invaded Sinai. US didn't like that and told all 3 to get out and they did. Suez Canal became all Egyptian and Nasser was a hero in not only Egypt, but for all Arabs. 11 years later, 1967 war, Israelis invade and take Sinai again along with Jerusalem from the Jordanians and the Golan Heights from Syria. 6 years later on 6th October 1973 (also known as the Yom Kippur war), Egyptian military crosses the Suez canal, seizes the entire Israeli Bar Lev line and all the posts and occupies approximately a 20 km deep stretch along the entire length of the canal in 2 days. The war extends until the 25th of October when a cease fire was called by the UN which was structured by the US (supporting Israel) and Russia (supporting Egypt). Before the cease fire by about 11 days, the Israeli army managed to split the Egyptian army along the entire length of the canal, then cross over onto the western side and stretch its army to the southern city of Suez and somewhat cutting off the Egyptian 3rd army. 2nd army was in the north and holding its territory and also the 3rd army stayed put and was ready to keep fighting but once the cease fire was called, President Sadat basically figured the objective was achieved. After the cease fire negotiations, the Israelis were forced to withdraw and give up almost half of the Sinai while the Egyptian military kept the territory it had gained in the war. So now we had about 1/3 of our Sinai Peninsula back in our hands and Sadat had 2 choices to get the rest back: 1) keep the war status ongoing against Israel and start a war again which now, with the US fully backing Israel and Egypt's military was going to certainly be sanctioned by the US and be in a constant state of war without even having control of Sinai just like the Golan Heights still is to this day or 2) make peace with Israel under the condition that all Egyptian lands are returned. Sadat chose the latter, to make peace and so the Camp David Accords were signed in 1977 and the Israelis had 5 years to completely withdraw from Sinai and return every inch of it back to Egypt. On a side note, the Palestinians and Syrians were offered to join the peace process but refused to do so.

So now Egypt has a binding peace treaty with Israel which comes with all sorts of conditions that apply to both countries. They must have diplomatic relations, they can't post over a certain amount of military close to the border of Sinai & Israel and they basically have to normalize their relationship. THIS is where that stupid "in bed" insult comes in. People try to make it out that there is some secret, behind the scenes relationship that is going on when all it is is complying with the peace treaty that was signed by both countries. When Sisi meets with Netanyahu - "Oh look, he's in bed with the Israelis!" When Sisi coordinates certain actions in Sinai with the Israelis - "Oh look, he had to take permission from the Israelis" when it's part of the peace treaty which even Israel has to do the same thing when it wants to deploys certain military in the Negev desert. But people only see it one way because of the need to bash and insult and denigrate Egypt.

On the flip side, because of this peace treaty and the overreaching effects of the Palestinian situation and the fact that the Israelis are in constant war with Syria and are building settlements in the WB and still fighting Arabs and Muslims, many Egyptians harbor bad sentiments towards the Israelis because of that. That's where that part comes from.

I tried to explain with as much pertaining info while trying to keep it as minimal as possible. I hope that answers your question.

I saw a Tunisian movie, "Boy of the terraces"

V nice, loved the girl !!!

Fabulous movie.
I think every Boy & Girl, can see a part of Him/Herself in this movie... The paradoxical beauty of the "First Time"...

Mostly small pups are caught by fisherman here but there are records of adult sharks, too.
KabasakalFig1.jpg

Two small pups

DC1E985FED0843D597E6DB4CB5DBDB74.jpg

A juvenile around 3 meters.

Some old records:
4a72c3da6278d7a7c791a443f976e956.jpg

View attachment 472993

According to Hakan Kabasakal, a marine biologist the ones in our waters are usually Australian species of great whites with their gray coloring on top unlike brown like African and dark and black American species.

At this rate, they will be no more in the Mediterranean.
Last Stat was around 350 ones...
As long as the Fish industry is growing...they will come near shore for food and will be killed one by one...

Thanks for asking and I'll try to explain it in as short a post as possible, but it's a complex issue so you'll have to bear with me.

The entire relationship has been based on all the wars, and knowing about the wars and how they started and what the results were and who was involved behind the scenes etc. is all part & parcel of understanding why things are the way they are today. So knowing the history of the wars is really important if you want to understand the dynamics of current Egyptian/Israeli relations.

Majority of PDF users are probably the WORST source of information, just FYI. And what does "in bed" mean? That's the real problem with this whole scenario and a common mud-sling that many anti-Egyptians throw around to spew they hatred and venom OR, in many cases as in this forum, their support for other countries that have tensions with Egypt. So the whole notion of Sisi being in bed with the Israelis is more of a feeble attempt at insulting the Egyptian president and Egyptians at the same time.

You have to ask yourself 'why would some idiots say something like that?' Not just because they're idiots, but they're ignorant hypocrites and haters etc. because while they accuse Sisi of doing whatever 'being in bed, means, more than likely the entity they support is doing the same thing -- to some extent -- which they conveniently ignore. But most of us adults pick up on that kinda thing and put them right back in their place. But I'll explain where this stupid "in bed" idiocy comes from later in this post.

Yeah, that guy is, sadly, a famous Egyptian actor/comedian and he took that prank as an insult because he's an absolute filthy animal. He actually slapped the interviewer in the face who was a young, harmless lady and they were doing that interview/prank as sort of a test or experiment to see the reaction of the actor, never expecting it to get out of hand like that, let alone violent where there was actually an act of assault and battery when he slapped the young lady. That lowlife criminal should be in jail for behaving that way and should be punished by the courts and pay that lady a huge amount of money for assaulting her like that. That was a disgrace and frankly, there's a lot of that kinda crap that happens in Egypt which is really too bad. It's a cultural mindset that needs to be fixed by enforcing the rule of laws. I'm not sure what ended up happening after that sad situation, but I hope they at least arrested his sorry *** and at least took him to court.

There's a large percentage of Egyptians who just don't like being friendly or having cordial relations with Israel, but it doesn't represent the entire masses.

Ok, so explaining the "in bed" stupidity (and I'm not referring to you BTW, just the line itself is stupid) goes back to the wars we had. 1956, president Gamal Abdel Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal to make it officially Egyptian and not controlled by the British. Brits got pissed off and got together with France and Israel and started a war against Egypt to regain control of the canal. While the British and French attacked the northern port, Israel invaded Sinai. US didn't like that and told all 3 to get out and they did. Suez Canal became all Egyptian and Nasser was a hero in not only Egypt, but for all Arabs. 11 years later, 1967 war, Israelis invade and take Sinai again along with Jerusalem from the Jordanians and the Golan Heights from Syria. 6 years later on 6th October 1973 (also known as the Yom Kippur war), Egyptian military crosses the Suez canal, seizes the entire Israeli Bar Lev line and all the posts and occupies approximately a 20 km deep stretch along the entire length of the canal in 2 days. The war extends until the 25th of October when a cease fire was called by the UN which was structured by the US (supporting Israel) and Russia (supporting Egypt). Before the cease fire by about 11 days, the Israeli army managed to split the Egyptian army along the entire length of the canal, then cross over onto the western side and stretch its army to the southern city of Suez and somewhat cutting off the Egyptian 3rd army. 2nd army was in the north and holding its territory and also the 3rd army stayed put and was ready to keep fighting but once the cease fire was called, President Sadat basically figured the objective was achieved. After the cease fire negotiations, the Israelis were forced to withdraw and give up almost half of the Sinai while the Egyptian military kept the territory it had gained in the war. So now we had about 1/3 of our Sinai Peninsula back in our hands and Sadat had 2 choices to get the rest back: 1) keep the war status ongoing against Israel and start a war again which now, with the US fully backing Israel and Egypt's military was going to certainly be sanctioned by the US and be in a constant state of war without even having control of Sinai just like the Golan Heights still is to this day or 2) make peace with Israel under the condition that all Egyptian lands are returned. Sadat chose the latter, to make peace and so the Camp David Accords were signed in 1977 and the Israelis had 5 years to completely withdraw from Sinai and return every inch of it back to Egypt. On a side note, the Palestinians and Syrians were offered to join the peace process but refused to do so.

So now Egypt has a binding peace treaty with Israel which comes with all sorts of conditions that apply to both countries. They must have diplomatic relations, they can't post over a certain amount of military close to the border of Sinai & Israel and they basically have to normalize their relationship. THIS is where that stupid "in bed" insult comes in. People try to make it out that there is some secret, behind the scenes relationship that is going on when all it is is complying with the peace treaty that was signed by both countries. When Sisi meets with Netanyahu - "Oh look, he's in bed with the Israelis!" When Sisi coordinates certain actions in Sinai with the Israelis - "Oh look, he had to take permission from the Israelis" when it's part of the peace treaty which even Israel has to do the same thing when it wants to deploys certain military in the Negev desert. But people only see it one way because of the need to bash and insult and denigrate Egypt.

On the flip side, because of this peace treaty and the overreaching effects of the Palestinian situation and the fact that the Israelis are in constant war with Syria and are building settlements in the WB and still fighting Arabs and Muslims, many Egyptians harbor bad sentiments towards the Israelis because of that. That's where that part comes from.

I tried to explain with as much pertaining info while trying to keep it as minimal as possible. I hope that answers your question.
Bro, thx for the detailed explanation. Now, i understand this situation fully. :tup:

@HannibalBarca , is it an often thing to find one or two great white sharks in Tunisian waters each year? World's smallest great white shark pup was caught alive in Turkish waters and released few years ago.
We have a seal population but they aren't like their relatives, they are shy. Tuna must be on top of shark's menu. Are you interested?

This is from Italy:

I've done quite a bit of diving in the Red Sea and seen quite a few sharks. I was deep snorkeling once and came up to the surface and one of my fins was nudged by an Oceanic white-tip. They're probably the largest percentage of sharks found in the Red Sea, followed by hammerheads. I've swam with hammers in Florida on several occasions. Catch a lot of bluefin tuna up here in the northeast and yellowfin tuna in Key West and Louisiana. Probably the funnest fish to cath for me is the yellowfin Tuna.

I catch blacktips almost every year down in the Keys. Here's a spinner shark, cousin of the black tip. Catch them all the time.
IMG_2649.JPG
IMG_2682.JPG

Spanish Mackerel
IMG_2628.JPG

Striped bass.
20150908_122000.jpg

Cobia
IMG_2693.JPG

Atlantic Mackerel

IMG_2243.JPG

Didn't catch this one but it came up to the boat...any guess what that is?
20151015_164813.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2666.JPG
    IMG_2666.JPG
    463.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 17
At this rate, they will be no more in the Mediterranean.
Last Stat was around 350 ones...
As long as the Fish industry is growing...they will come near shore for food and will be killed one by one...
Are they tagged?

Didn't catch this one but it came up to the boat...any guess what that is?
Could that be a bullshark? I never heard of great white sighting in Egypt but heard a lot of shark attacks, I love the sea so much but I honestly wouldn't like to face a shark lol

Last edited:
Could that be a bullshark? I never heard of great white sighting in Egypt but heard a lot of shark attacks, I love the sea so much but I honestly wouldn't like to face a shark lol

It's actually an ocean sunfish, or mola mola. They're huge, wonderful and friendly fish found everywhere, very docile and because of their shape, they have to flatten out sideways when they reach the surface. Had them come up to the boat several times.

sunfish700w.jpg

vq82izyt0cty.jpg

I'm also a very ocean-bound person like you. My family and I spend the majority of our summer on our boat out in the ocean, nothing like it.

Here's a young hammerhead that came right up to the boat. Didn't even need to catch him since almost all my fishing is catch & release and this guy already came close enough to get a good look and even pat him on the dorsal.

FB_IMG_1435272516451.jpg

It's actually an ocean sunfish, or mola mola. They're huge, wonderful and friendly fish found everywhere, very docile and because of their shape, they have to flatten out sideways when they reach the surface. Had them come up to the boat several times.
I was thinking that and a dolphin? but well, it wasn't clear and we were talking about sharks, that's so nice. It looks like a very rich place!

I'm also a very ocean-bound person like you. My family and I spend the majority of our summer on our boat out in the ocean, nothing like it.
Do you visit Egypt, too? I am from black sea with lots of fisherman relatives :D

I was thinking that and a dolphin? but well, it wasn't clear and we were talking about sharks, that's so nice. It looks like a very rich place!

That was tough and your guess of a bull shark was actually close because when we first saw it, we only saw the dorsal fin cruising above the waterline and it looked exactly like a shark.

Do you visit Egypt, too? I am from black sea with lots of fisherman relatives :D

Sure. I'll be there in September for a couple of weeks.
As you can probably tell, I enjoy fishing quite a bit! Even when the fish aren't biting, it's the most relaxing thing one can do.
Do you get out with your relatives and do some fishing?

I have been to Egypt, it is a lovely place with beautiful people. I love the word basmuhendis, we use it, too.

I can see why, since it's actually derived from the Turkish language and the word "pasha" in Turkish. And since we Arabs don't know how to pronounce the letter P because it doesn't exist in the Arabic alphabet, we substitute it with the letter B. So it went from pasha muhandis too Pash muhendis to bash-muhendis. lol And Basha is used all the time in Egypt. It's a sign of respect when you address someone. Ezayak ya basha? Kef halak ya basha? Akhbarak eh ya basha? Ahlan wasahlan ya basha.

I would like to, but no, they are professionals...

Maybe get out with them on the boat for a day, that would be a blast.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom