What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Man, trust me this does not help much as only UAE, Qatar have top class facilities etc. The problem is just that their native populations are tiny. Besides more often than not it is a curse too, LOL.

It's a great avatar. Like the white horse (what kind of horse is it?), attire, beard and long hair.
Genetic, cultural wise, historical andl geographic wise then Pashtuns and Baluch people seem to be the closest to Arabs and other ME people from my experience.

Sindhi people, Punjabis, Mujahir people much less IMO. The only connection with Sindh are Omanis sending Africans (back then slaves) to Southern Pakistan. Now known as Siddi people.

Pakhtun and Baluch are more closer to Iranians in culture n looks than Arabs... Our clothes are also different you wear the long robes we wear baggy trousers n loose shirts and vests .. Apart from tht in the real sense we are federation of tribes .. Some also have different origins .. Like the Pakhtun Ghilzais they are originally of Turkic stock but have assimilated in the Pakhtun society and are Pakhtuns.. And so on .. As for the clothes you wear robes .. We wear baggy trousers and long shirts and vests..It also depends on different regions ...Even today the Baluch style clothes take over 8 meters of cloth lol..

Baluch traditional clothes:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

PS: the black ppl were bought by Baluch kingdoms as slaves and soldiers ... Not Arabs.. Infact hushu khan (black general) was the general of Talpur Baluch dynasty of Sindh .. Who fought the British .. His last words were in Sindhi "massous per Sindh na dessu" or something like tht..translation : I will die but not give Sindh...

Ps tht was Balochi horse..
image.jpg

@RazPaK

I was not aware of Arabs looking like some Bantu people.:lol:;) You must have seen other people. But no the Siddi people have nothing to do with Arabs. Afro-Arabs yes. At least some.;)

@DESERT FIGHTER

I was talking about Arabs and other ME people. From my experience (look at all the reasons I gave) it's only mostly the Pashtun and Baluch people that resemble (somewhat) Arabs and ME people.

Yes, but there are also many similarities from what I can gather.

For instance those individuals you posted would not be looked upon as foreigners had they worn some of the many local Arab clothing seen across the Arab world:

image-jpg.40160
image-jpg.40162

image-jpg.40155

Nobody would say "hey they look foreign" and people would probably speak to them in Arabic. While if this was your average Indian or Bengali people would not take them as locals in MOST cases.

I once saw your photo on PDF and you look like an ordinary Arab meaning that you could easily fit into most Arab countries without anyone thinking that you are a foreigner.;)

Very nice horses. I love horses.:D

The Pakhtuns:

image.jpg
image.jpg

@DESERT FIGHTER

I believe many Arab scholar went to Pakistan/India during Mongol invasion

Our region didn't have Foreigners.. Even the hazaras in our country migrated from Northern Afghanistan. During the 18th century .. As for Mongols they invaded several times but were beaten back.

Last edited:
Yalda+Hakim+TPXG81ij9-3m.jpg

Yalda Hakim (BBC Reporter)

Is she 100 % Pashtun or having 1/2 Pashtun ?

What I know she is Afghan descent

@DESERT FIGHTER and other Pakistani friend....

@RazPaK

I was not aware of Arabs looking like some Bantu people.:lol:;) You must have seen other people. But no the Siddi people have nothing to do with Arabs. Afro-Arabs yes. At least some.;)

@DESERT FIGHTER

I was talking about Arabs and other ME people. From my experience (look at all the reasons I gave) it's only mostly the Pashtun and Baluch people that resemble (somewhat) Arabs and ME people.

For instance those individuals you posted would not be looked upon as foreigners had they worn some of the many local Arab clothing seen across the Arab world:

image-jpg.40160

image-jpg.40155

Nobody would say "hey they look foreign" and people would probably speak to them in Arabic. While if this was your average Indian or Bengali people would not take them as locals in MOST cases.

I once saw your photo on PDF and you look like an ordinary Arab meaning that you could easily fit into most Arab countries without anyone thinking that you are a foreigner.;)

Yes I've noticed your love for horses .. :)

image.jpg

But it's the camel tht is truely remarkable n has helped ppl for centuries in terrains such as ours:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 23
@Indos

What is the difference between the ethnic groups of Indonesia (Papuans excluded) and Malay people? Are they not very similar?

Look what I find:

Apparently it's still official in Brunei and Malaysia.

Jawi alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Given that there are millions of Indonesians of Arab or partial Arab origin and Arabs spreading Islam to Indonesia through trade and settlement, mostly exclusively people from Arabia (hence you following the Shafi'i fiqh today) have something similar? I mean a traditional Islamic alphabet?

Yes I've noticed your love for horses .. :)

View attachment 40174

But it's the camel tht is truely remarkable n has helped ppl for centuries in terrains such as ours:

View attachment 40169 View attachment 40170 View attachment 40171 View attachment 40172 View attachment 40173

I love animals in general and try to be kind to them always. I think it is something that I have inherited from my father. I hate when people abuse animals.

Yes, camels are very useful animals and have been central in some of the most well-known civilizations and helped people throughout the world for centuries and saved people from a lot of bad. They were actually the most expensive animal after horses traditionally in the ancient world as they were the best way of transportation on land after horses. We often forget that cars, planes etc. are less than 150 years old!

My favorite animals are horses and falcons but I also like sheep LOL.;) Eating them too of course. Now please no jokes.:lol:

Of course I also admire animals such as lions, leopards and others but I have only seen those animals and not had any contact with them. Well, it often results in death too so that is understandable.

Last edited:
@RazPaK

@DESERT FIGHTER

image-jpg.40160
image-jpg.40162

image-jpg.40155

I usually get Mexican. :lol:

But I am in Texas, so.

I usually get Mexican. :lol:

But I am in Texas, so.

Do you know how much I want to travel to Texas just to eat like a pig for a few days as I hear that the food portions are enormous?:lol:
Texas is cool as hell. I would even like to met some of the rednecks there.:lol: But it's apparently hot and humid as hell there. At least I heard this was the case in Houston while Dallas is more pleasant.

Mate, how are the beaches in Texas? You never hear about them. It's only about the East Coast, Florida, Hawaii and California.

LOL, I thought that you lived in Pakistan?

Do you know how much I want to travel to Texas just to eat like a pig for a few days as I hear that the portions are enormous?:lol:
Texas is cool as hell. I would even like to met some of the rednecks there.:lol: But it's apparently hot and humid as hell there. At least I heard this was the case in Houston while Dallas is more pleasant.

Mate, how are the beaches in Texas? You never hear about them. It's only about the East Coast, Florida, Hawaii and California.

LOL, I thought that you lived in Pakistan?

I live in the Austin area. I haven't been to any beaches here, but from what I hear they suck.

As for food I only eat halal, so Muslims tend to give big portions any way.

I live in the Austin area. I haven't been to any beaches here, but from what I hear they suck.

As for food I only eat halal, so Muslims tend to give big portions any way.

Really? Texas has quite a coastline after all. That's why I am wondering. You never hear anyone say, "let's go to Texas for a beach holiday" etc. despite its waters being warm all year around and bordering the Mexican Gulf.

Me too, but I have heard from friends who visited that the Muslim community in Texas has absorbed the local traditions of serving huge portions.

I mean what's that saying about the US? "Everything is bigger in the US" Now what's that similar saying about Texas beating all that?:lol:

I am STARVING due to the fast. The days are extremely long and it has been 30 degrees Celsius here in Denmark for the past 5-6 days and the humidity is like 99%.:( All I can think about is food and water.:D

I wish that I was fat.

Really? Texas has quite a coastline after all. That's why I am wondering. You never hear anyone say, "let's go to Texas for a beach holiday" etc. despite its waters being warm all year around and bordering the Mexican Gulf.

Me too, but I have heard from friends who visited that the Muslim community in Texas has absorbed the local traditions of serving huge portions.

I mean what's that saying about the US? "Everything is bigger in the US" Now what's that similar saying about Texas beating all that?:lol:

I am STARVING due to the fast. The days are extremely long and it has been 30 degrees Celsius here in Denmark for the past 5-6 days.

I wish that I was fat.

Grocery stores in Texas are huge. They are like warehouses. It takes me 45 mins just to pick up milk. I be like,
fuuuu-rage-guy1_1596246.jpg

I have met plenty of Iranians and Pakistanis here. Arabs, I've only met a Syrian and a Palestinian.

It's 40 degrees here and my mouth is dry as hell.

Back
Top Bottom