What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

You are correct that manti is from "China" however it is important to note that it is specifically from east Turkestan which is located in china.

Does not seem so when you make a quick Google search.

Prior to the Song Dynasty, the word mantou meant both filled and unfilled buns. The term baozi arose in the Song Dynasty to indicate filled buns only. As a result, mantou gradually came to indicate only unfilled buns in Mandarin and other varieties of Chinese.

In many areas, however, mantou still retains its meaning of filled buns. In the Jiangnan region, it usually means both filled and unfilled buns. In the province of Shanxi (山西) mantou is often called momo (饃饃), which is simply the character for "steamed bun".

The name mantou is cognate to manty and mantı; these are filled dumplings in Turkish, Persian, Central Asian, and Pakistani cuisines. InJapan, manjū (饅頭) usually indicates filled buns, which traditionally contain bean paste or minced meat-vegetable mixture (nikuman 肉まん "meat manjū"). Filled mantou are called siopao in Tagalog. In Thailand, they called filled "mantou" as "salapao".In Korea, mandu (饅頭) can refer to both baozi or jiaozi (餃子). In Mongolia, mantuu are basically the same as the Chinese mantou.

Mantou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No mention of any Xinjiang or as you call it Turkestan.

@ChineseTiger1986 @Chinese-Dragon @Wholegrain are probably able to confirm or de-confirm this since they are Chinese.

Lastly it is just 1 out of 100's of ways to make simple dumplings. Nothing special really. But I like it. Also it says that the Mongols brought it to ME and Anatolia.

Anyway it is somewhat similar to the Arab Sambosa, Martabak etc. that is also eaten in other regions of the world.

@al-Hasani

I like your signature. Thanks for supporting the people of "Xianjiang" not east turkestan cough cough muslim region.

Good luck with that ::angel:

Is this necessary brother? I made this thread to at least promote unity between Muslims, we need to work on our internal problems just as all other people's in the world solve theirs. Let's move forward and not backward. Take it easy, all food tastes good around the world. That's what matters.

Is this necessary brother? I made this thread to at least promote unity between Muslims, we need to work on our internal problems just as all other people's in the world solve theirs. Let's move forward and not backward. Take it easy, all food tastes good around the world. That's what matters.
Akhi thats what I want but unfortunately I understand the different types of arabs. There are 3 types very very very nice kind type, average but still nice, and lastly the very arrogant, very deceptive, very annoying type. The third type make up like 1% but they stick out like a sore thumb. unfortunately brother the third type is what we muslims have to deal with.

@Hazzy997

Last edited:
Actually I just posted that I liked manti and Al-hasani attack us with saying it is not Turkic but Chinese without any evidence.

Manti is shared cuisine of all Turkic peoples. China was also ruled by Turks so they could also have gotten it from us. West-China was part of Turkistan until last century.

@ChineseTiger1986 @Chinese-Dragon @Wholegrain are probably able to confirm or de-confirm this since they are Chinese.

Lastly it is just 1 out of 100's of ways to make simple dumplings. Nothing special really. But I like it. Also it says that the Mongols brought it to ME and Anatolia.

Anyway it is somewhat similar to the Arab Sambosa, Martabak etc. that is also eaten in other regions of the world.

The Halal food in China has been heavily sinicized, but it does still retain some basic traditions such as no pork and no alcohol.

@al-Hasani

I like your signature. Thanks for supporting the people of "Xianjiang" not east turkestan cough cough muslim region.

Xinjiang is the official name. But it also goes under the name of Turkestan among Turks. I don't have voiced any opinion about that conflict here on this forum. Nor has it anything to do with Islam. It is a ethnic dispute between Uyghur's and Han Chinese. If Muslims are targeted for just being Muslim I will support the Muslim party. But I don't see that happening nor do I know about that conflict much since it does not concern my people. Likewise you are probably ignorant about conflicts of a similar nature in the Arab world and other parts of the Muslim world.

Not sure what you want?

To make it simple this thread is not about Turkic matters. Look at the name. If I want to discuss Turkey I can find the Turkish forum as I have done in the past. But maybe I should start trolling there?

The word is indeed believed by western scholars to be borrowed from Chinese language, Mantou is not a Uyghur word. Mnatou refered to filled buns in ancient China but now its used to refer to a solid steamed bun.

Xinjiang is the official name. But it also goes under the name of Turkestan among Turks. I don't have voiced any opinion about that conflict here on this forum. Nor has it anything to do with Islam. It is a ethnic dispute between Uyghur's and Han Chinese. If Muslims are targeted for just being Muslim I will support the Muslim party. But I don't see that happening nor do I know about that conflict much since it does not concern my people. Likewise you are probably ignorant about conflicts of a similar nature in the Arab world and other parts of the Muslim world.

Not sure what you want?

To make it simple this thread is not about Turkic matters. Look at the name. If I want to discuss Turkey and can find the Turkish forum.
You don't even now me but you are again making judgements without understanding what you are talking about just like you did about our food which we have no problem sharing with others.

The word is indeed believed by western scholars to be borrowed from Chinese language, Mantou is not a Uyghur word. Mnatou refered to filled buns in ancient China but now its used to refer to a solid steamed bun.

Just what virtually all sources say so no secret really. Thanks for that confirmation.

You don't even now me but you are again making judgements without understanding what you are talking about just like you did about our food which we have no problem sharing with others.

Excuse me, you are the one asking stupid questions to me and making silly statements directed to me. Did I call you? Yes, I happen to know Turkish cuisine very well as I told. I live in a city where it is common like Arab, Persian etc. cuisine. On the other hand I seriously doubt that you even know one single Arab countries cuisine. This debate at least proved this and your compatriot has admitted to only trying 1 single Arab dish and despite that he is talking about things that he has no clue about. Way to go.

Now not interested in continuing this pointless discussion. Let us Arabs and outsiders that are not trolling discuss other issues. If you have something interesting/non-trolling to say you are welcome as anybody else.

Just what virtually all sources say so no secret really. Thanks for that confirmation.
Actually it was orginally called Manti however the chinese changed it to mantou. Again nothing wrong with adopting someone elses food. even if im wrong i dont care food is food.

Actually it was orginally called Manti however the chinese changed it to mantou. Again nothing wrong with adopting someone elses food. even if im wrong i dont care food is food.

Yes, virtually every source shows this as we have all seen.
After all the entire moon is actually Turkish. Now as I told you find another thread to troll in and take your ignorant compatriot with you.

I

Excuse me, you are the one asking stupid questions to me and making silly statements directed to me. Did I call you? Yes, I happen to know Turkish cuisine very well as I told. I live in a city where it is common like Arab, Persian etc. cuisine. On the other hand I seriously doubt that you even know one single Arab countries cuisine. This debate at least proved this and your compatriot has admitted to only trying 1 single Arab dish and despite that he is talking about things that he has no clue about.
I went to elementary, middle, and highschool with arabs. 90% of my friends are arab and i have eaten their food aswell. I have eaten the food of turkish arabs aswell. I know arabs very well. I even speak arabic. Again you are judging me without even knowing anything and that is because you are very arrogant. I have been following this forum for years and i know your opinions very well and how you behave.

Al-hasani started this food fight with saying "no it is not Turkic but Chinese" Why can't we just share some interesting food without a fight? I don't get it.

By the way saying Manti is not Uighur but Chinese. Uighurs and Turkics are making these for centuries. Chinese arrived in east-Turkistan last century.

Anyway, the facts are clear. No need to make a fight about this by talking to racist al-hasani. (he used Kazakh as curse word agaisnt Farsi people).

Back
Top Bottom