What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

Bro, for us..(almost all) usually a mother, sister or a wife who cooks, we just eat. :D

Dear, it's the same in the Arab world the problem is just that I am on my own. None of my sisters are around, nor my mother and I am not yet married. So making your own food is not foreign to me and to be honest I have nothing against making food if I am in the mood and not too tired. It's the exact same with other international students. We eat out a lot - too much sometimes, but when that is not happening you have to make your own food. Yes, we had fellow female students that made food to us during gatherings but it's not like I can hire them.:lol:

So I am just looking for something different, easy to make yet tasty and I thought that looking towards Pakistan and South Asia in general is a good pick to try something new other than Arab Meze, Arab snacks and Southern European snacks/easy-to-make meals. Both are lovely but I like trying new food from across the world.

Anyway I spoke with a Pakistani friend of mine (lives in the same flat as me) and he told me about some easy-to-do recipes aside from the links that I have read. But I need to buy the ingredients first and practice a bit not to mess the recipes up. Sometimes this can happen if you do not have experience.:)

I am still interested in knowing the name of that Southern Indian (vegetarian) recipe that had beans, chili and coconut but @jandk could not help me out here! It sounds very easy to make and tasty in my opinion. Coconut is also an ingredient in Southern Arabian cuisine (Yemeni and Omani - along the coastline).

Last edited:
strange :D shia haters have diabetes ? :D

on a serious note , which type u have ? or your just trying to control your weight ?

american fudge :D typical american aerteriosclerosis material :D

dont eat 'em muslim :mad: you're a doctor for lord's sake :angry:

I have a long way to become a pharmacist. :D

@Hasbara Buster

Are you Arab?

Why don't we middle easterners discuss our issues in a form of a technocratic forum or something? We, the new generation need to be active and try giving ourselves better opportunities since our leaders like to limit our progress.

The military factor isn't important right now. Unless there is a secret Islamic movement preparing the military factor. Apparently, according to Islam there will be a large war in our region and some will fight with conventional weapons and others with light weapons.

Which is confusing since some event must occur to eliminate the ability to use conventional weapons.

@Hasbara Buster

Following the Quran is the Sunnah, there isn't a sunni religion.

Last edited:
Pakistanis are dramebaaz. What's the difference between lahori food and amritsari food? in Amritsar, you may be served kulcha, parantha, lassi, puri cholay. Same will be the case in Lahore.
What about paaya, nihari ??? :D

Dear, it's the same in the Arab world the problem is just that I am on my own. None of my sisters are around, nor my mother and I am not yet married.

Ahh I see where you are going. You are creating the foundation to do Mutah!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:astagh::astagh::astagh:Remember it's haram!!!

That's my mistake, everybody is probably awake except @rmi5 and @Jessica_L :lol:

I'm eating really good french toast sticks. :cheers:
Awake :-)

That's great. No basketball? I genuinely always prefer engaging in games with humans rather than computers. I don't know but it might have something to do with my upbringing and how we as a family always spent time playing games together. I still remember that fondly. Playing chess with my brothers, father etc. Or even my mother!
Nope no basketball.The thing is No girl I know plays chess :( and they are not good at checkers either.

Hopefully we will have another best footballer in the world from the Arab world and hopefully Algeria will surprise in the World Cup.

Awake :-)

Nope no basketball.The thing is No girl I know plays chess :( and they are not good at checkers either.

Sorry, I forgot that you are a woman. What about running or swimming? Haha, I can imagine that. Few girls play those games indeed.

What types of computer games are you playing?:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom