What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

When the Angel Gabriel appeared in front of the Prophet (P.B.U.H) what exactly did he say about a Black man's heart?

Post #2160

Which hadith are you speaking of? Be aware of anti-islam sites you may be viewing. Most are weak or fabricated hadiths. You're fully african american? I thought you were Pakistani too?

If you are curios about God or what's his stance on things you're free to ask it'll help you understand Islam better.

Last edited:
Which hadith are you speaking of? Be aware of anti-islam sites you may be viewing. Most are weak or fabricated hadiths. You're fully african american? I thought you were Pakistani too?

If you are curios about God or what's his stance on things you're free to ask it'll help you understand Islam better.

I am mixed! Plus I don't like discussing my ethnicity on this forum because of some racists on this forum. I need to know more about hadiths So i can respond to Anti-Muslim bigots who like to cherry pick things.That's why I asked because the internet is filled with Fabricated and false things.

@Jessica_L

You're speaking of this right?

"Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, 'If a black man comes to you, his heart is more gross than a donkey's." Ishaq 243

Yes that!

I am mixed! Plus I don't like discussing my ethnicity on this forum because of some racists on this forum. I need to know more about hadiths So i can respond to Anti-Muslim bigots who like to cherry pick things.That's why I asked because the internet is filled with Fabricated and false things.

Yes that!

Well, it's really simple. The Prophet spent his life combating racism amongst pre-islamic era Arabs. Three examples:

1.) Bilal, he was the caller to prayer and the Prophet freed him from slavery.

2.) Another sahaba who was being refused marriage by Arabs over his skin color. The Prophet told the father of the woman to wait for him again. Until he came by himself and recommended her she marry this pious man. She agreed.

3.) Arabs refused to have a black man fight alongside them since racism was still rampant at the time. He came by himself and told them victory won't be acheived unless you put aside these differences. The Prophet appointed him as an commander for the major battles.

Also, if you realize a lot of the people who spread Islam were Africans along the spice trade. Of course it's not easy in any society to combat racism completely.

As for this hadith, IShaq 243 describes the Dajjal who is dark in appearance. This isn't dark as in skin color, it's more like darkness upon his face rather than noor(light).

Muslims scholars have already agreed that Ishaq and Tabari hadiths are unauthentic since they have many things that don't make sense and are bizarre.

@Jessica L

Those ahadith are first of all weak and many of the quotations are outright lies propagandized by a few radical American evangelists that have no clue about Islam and try to harm the religion and the unity of Islam!

The ahadith that are considered authentic are the following:

Sahih Bukhari
Sahih Muslim
Sunan al-Sughra
Sunan Abi Da'ud
Sunan al-Tirmidhi
Al-Muwatta

The authenticity of all other ahadith are questionable and ahadith such as those of Ibn Ishaq and Tabari etc. are unauthenticated, unverified and labelled unreliable (munkar) by most reputable scholars of today and yesterday.

In the Qur'an it is also made very clear that racism is not tolerated and that there is no difference between people only in their deeds!

"Stand out firmly for Allah as bearers of witness with Justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearest to piety" (Al-Ma'idah 5:8)

"One of His signs is the creations of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors" (Ar-Rum 30:22)

"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored amoung you in the sight of Allah is he who is the most righteous amoung you" (Al-Hujurat 49:13) This particular verse is confirmed in Prophet Muhammad's (saws) farewell sermon in Ninth Day of Dhul-Hijjah, 10 A.H. (632 CE).

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action".

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) himself grew up in and embraced a multi-racial society. Here are some important and much loved Black people:

Barakah Umm Ayman (ra) was the nanny from his birth and he described her as "the mother after my own mother". She was Black. She was there for the Prophet when his mother and grandfather died, raising him and being a key influence on his life and character from age 8. She tended to the wounded soldiers at the Battle of Uhud and after trekking from Makkah to Madinah to be with the Prophet (saw) he said to her "Ya Umm Ayman! Ya Ummi! (O Umm Ayman! O my mother!) Indeed for you is a place in Paradise!". This, black woman is one of the most beloved people of the Prophet (saw) and one of the most respected people to Muslims.

Prophet Muhammad (saws) himself was married to an Ethiopian women. Ramla Ommu Habiba. She was one of the Prophets most faithful wives, going on to write Bukhari and Muslim authenticated ahadith relating to marriage.

Another sign is when Prophet Muhammad (saws) was persecuted by the Quraysh in Makkah (his own tribe) he an some Sahaba (ra) went to the land of modern-day Ethiopia to seek refugee. Prophet Muhammad (saws) then asked for the help and protection from the Ethiopian king Ashama ibn Abjar. The Prophet (saws) felt no superiority over him because he was Black and felt no shame turning to this Black king for help. The King not only gave the Prophet (saws) and the Sahaba (ra) refuge despite pleas from the influential and powerful Quraysh but also converted to Islam after reading the Surah Al-Maryam!

Which you can listen to here:

This is a clear evidence of the importance of Black people in early Islam and in Islam overall.

Let alone the story of Bilal ibn Rabah (ra) which you probably know about. It is his call to prayer that all muezzins base their call on today nearly 1400 years after! He was also one of the most loved and trusted Sahaba by the Prophet (saws).

There is no racism or caste in Islam. Islam is against racims and does not view Caucasians as superior over Black people or Black people superior over Caucasians. Greatness is only measured by the deeds of a person.

This is my view and that of Islam.

Last edited:
@Jessica L

Those ahadith are first of all weak and many of the quotations are outright lies propagandized by a few radical American evangelists that have no clue about Islam and try to harm the religion and the unity of Islam!

The ahadith that are considered authentic are the following:

Sahih Bukhari
Sahih Muslim
Sunan al-Sughra
Sunan Abi Da'ud
Sunan al-Tirmidhi
Al-Muwatta

The authenticity of all other ahadith are questionable and ahadith such as those of Ibn Ishaq and Tabari etc. are unauthenticated, unverified and labelled unreliable (munkar) by most reputable scholars of today and yesterday.

In the Qur'an it is also made very clear that racism is not tolerated and that there is no difference between people only in their deeds!

"Stand out firmly for Allah as bearers of witness with Justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearest to piety" (Al-Ma'idah 5:8)

"One of His signs is the creations of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors" (Ar-Rum 30:22)

"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored amoung you in the sight of Allah is he who is the most righteous amoung you" (Al-Hujurat 49:13) This particular verse is confirmed in the Prophets farewell sermon in Ninth Day of Dhul-Hijjah, 10 A.H. (632 CE)...

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action".

The Prophet Muhammad (saw) himself grew up in and embraced a multi-racial society. Here are some important and much loved Black people:

Barakah Umm Ayman (ra) was the nanny from his birth and he described her as "the mother after my own mother". She was Black. She was there for the Prophet when his mother and grandfather died, raising him and being a key influence on his life and character from age 8. She tended to the wounded soldiers at the Battle of Uhud and after trekking from Makkah to Madinah to be with the Prophet (saw) he said to her "Ya Umm Ayman! Ya Ummi! (O Umm Ayman! O my mother!) Indeed for you is a place in Paradise!". This, black woman is one of the most beloved people of the Prophet (saw) and one of the most respected people to Muslims.

Prophet Muhammad (saws) himself was married to an Ethiopian women. Ramla Ommu Habiba. She was one of the Prophets most faithful wives, going on to write Bukhari and Muslim authenticated ahadith relating to marriage.

Another sign is when Prophet Muhammad (saws) was persecuted by the Quraysh in Makkah (his own tribe) he an some Sahaba (ra) went to the land of modern-day Ethiopia to seek refugee. Prophet Muhammad (saws) then asked for the help and protection from the Ethiopian king Ashama ibn Abjar. The Prophet (saws) felt no superiority over him because he was Black and felt no shame turning to this Black king for help. The King not only gave the Prophet (saws) and the Sahaba (ra) refuge despite pleas from the influential and powerful Quraysh but also confirmed to Islam after reading the Surah Al-Maryam.

Which you can listen to here:

This is a clear evidence of the importance of Black people in early Islam and in Islam overall.

Let alone the story of Bilal ibn Rabah (ra) which you probably know about. It is his call to prayer that all muezzins base their call on today nearly 1400 years after! He was also one of the most loved and trusted Sahaba by the Prophet (saws).

There is no racism or caste in Islam. Islam is against Islam and does not view Caucasians as superior over Black people or Black people superior over Caucasians. Greatness is only measured by the deeds of a person.

This is my view and that of Islam.
Thank You for a detailed and well written answer. I couldn't have said it better my self. Appreciate it :tup:

Last edited:
@Jessica_L

What ever wrongdoings the Islamic world did or is even doing (yes, unfortunately racism is still present) is not the fault of Islam but of some ancient cultural habits of superiority or just human bigotry.

I am not going to lie and tell you that everything is perfect in the Arab (or Muslim world) in connection to Blacks. Because it is not. But that is not the fault of Islam. And things are changing.

May I point your interest to one of the former Imam's of Al-Masjid Al-Haram. Sheikh Adil al-Kalbani. The first Afro-Arab in KSA that became one of the Imam's of Al-Masjid al-Haram.

Anyway you should not be afraid to ask such questions to Muslim clerics. That's what they are for! Cleric or not I hope that I answered your question and that you were implying.

@Jessica_L

What ever wrongdoings the Islamic world did or is even doing (yes, unfortunately racism is still present) is not the fault of Islam but of some ancient cultural habits of superiority or just human bigotry.

I am not going to lie and tell you that everything is perfect in the Arab (or Muslim world) in connection to Blacks. Because it is not. But that is not the fault of Islam. And things are changing.

May I point your interest to one of the former Imam's of Al-Masjid Al-Haram. Sheikh Adil al-Kalbani. The first Afro-Arab in KSA that became one of the Imam's of Al-Masjid al-Haram.

Anyway you should not be afraid to ask such questions to Muslim clerics. That's what they are for! Cleric or not I hope that I answered your question and that you were implying.
Well said, Appreciate it!

I thought you were younger. :D

Not going to disclose my real age. :)
You reminded me of a story:

A boy said to his father “I saw a girl and I want to marry her. She is so beautiful and she has gorgeous eyes etc.” The father answered his son “of course son let’s ask for her hand in marriage”.

When the father saw the girl, he admired her beauty and he told his son “You don’t deserve this girls, she needs someone who has experience in life and she can depend on, someone like…me”.

The boy was surprised by the attitude of his father and he told him “She will marry me, not you!” They started to fight and finally they decided both to go to the police station to solve their problem.

When they told their story to the police officer, he told them “bring the girl so we can ask her opinion about this”. When the officer saw the beauty of the girl, he said to the boy and his father “you both don’t deserve her, she needs someone who has prestige…like me”.

The 3 men started a fight and decided to go to a minister to solve their problem. When the minister saw the girl, he said “She deserves to be married with a minister…like me”.

The Prince heard about their problem and called them all to help solve their problem but when he saw the girls, he said “This girl will marry me”.

All the 5 men started to fight. Finally, the girl said “I have the solution! I will start to run and whoever catches me first, he will be my husband”. All 5 men agreed. When she started to run, the boy, his father the police officer, the minister and the prince ran as fast as they could to catch her. Suddenly the 5 men fell into a deep hole.

The girl looked to them from the top and she said “Do you know who I am?”

I am the Dunya – This World!!!

People are running after the fame, wealth & beauty of this world. By doing so they forget their real purpose of life till they finally end up in their graves and meet their creator. So realise the reality of life and amend your ways before it’s too late.

Back
Top Bottom