What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

@Abu Nasar

Arabs as you know it bro already have a habit of eating a lot of diary products (milk, cheeses, pastry, sweets etc. aside from meat obviously and eating BIG:lol: ) but I have NEVER in my whole life tasted as good milk as the Danish one. Nor anywhere in the ME, France, elsewhere in Europe or USA. Not even close!

Same with the yoghurts. I am talking about the mainstream brands that you can buy in your ordinary shop here. Not some exclusive brands.

I need to fill my refrigerator tomorrow morning!:lol:

@al-Hasani

What happened to your old avatar? :D

You too. @Jessica_L

I like the current one. It's awesome. Maybe I will change from time to time. Different traditional Arab attire for each week.:lol:

I miss authentic Arab food from back home:(

:(

Everything except the diary products, sweets and some vegetables is really not very impressive culinary wise. In Europe it's mostly only about France, Italy and Mediterranean cuisine in general which shares a lot of similarities with nearby Arab cuisine as we both know.

Last edited:
I sincerely wished you had started a thread like this, instead of the one you started on music.

I am not in the mood to enter a long theological debate about music in Islam but all I can say is that music/poetry always played a big role in the Arabic world before and after Islam. I can't lie and I will tell you that I enjoy music, obviously Arabic included and its extremely rich and varied heritage, as long as it does not cross any religious or moral borders. You know what kind of music I am referring to here.

But I respect other people's view on that matter and most others for that matter since I am not the type to interfere or lecture people on what they should do aside from advices and personal opinions.
Besides my thread is often for anasheed, dua, sufi songs and in general religious "music".:)

The Muslim community, although it has problems mostly among certain Turkish and Arab communities (mostly war refugees from Iraq and Palestine - so some of their problems are understandable), is doing well too. In business and education. Especially the new generation or second-generation "foreigners" as some call them.:lol:

Do tell us more about "foreigners" and their absorption into Danish / European Societies. From what I have seen in France, quite disappointing.

Do tell us more about "foreigners" and their absorption into Danish / European Societies. From what I have seen in France, quite disappointing.

Well, it's mostly quite good I would say. Better than in France. Occasional there is talk of some smaller problems and the most "extreme" problem is some of the few ghettos in the country and the unemployment there and problems that follow with it.

The most criticized community where once the Turks (mostly bound in crime levels and the avoiding of tax which is extremely high in Denmark) but now it's mostly the Somalians. Of course you have far-right parties that are against Islam as a whole and the Muslims who are not willing to integrate. They often have some very funny views of what integrating means. Some of the politicians for instance think that you have to eat pork in order to integrate.:lol: Most people from the party called Dansk Folkeparti.:lol:

I think that there are more problems with Muslims in Sweden than in Denmark and Norway. Out of all Scandinavia. At the other hand Denmark is probably also one of the most difficult countries for Muslims and foreigners in general to integrate fully in. That includes Western Europeans mind you. Due to culture, language (especially), big alcohol culture and much liberalism when it comes to sex and most other things. Even compared to Western Europe as I said.

Last edited:
I am not in the mood to enter a long theological debate about music in Islam but all I can say is that music/poetry always played a big role in the Arabic world before and after Islam. I can't lie and I will tell you that I enjoy music, obviously Arabic included and its extremely rich and varied heritage, as long as it does not cross any religious or moral borders. You know what kind of music I am referring to here.

But I respect other people's view on that matter and most others for that matter since I am not the type to interfere or lecture people on what they should do aside from advices and personal opinions.
Besides my thread is often for anasheed, dua, sufi songs and in general religious "music".:)

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 69 :: Hadith 494
Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

Shaykh AbdulAziz Bin Baaz (RH) said in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 3/423-424): “Ma’aazif refers to singing and musical instruments. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that at the end of time there will come a people who will allow these things just as they will allow alcohol, zina and silk. This is one of the signs of his Prophethood, for all of this has happened. The hadeeth indicates that [musical instruments] are haraam, and condemns those who say they are halaal, just as it condemns those who say that alcohol and zina are allowed. The aayaat and ahaadeeth that warn against singing and musical instruments are many indeed. Whoever claims that Allaah has allowed singing and musical instruments is lying and is committing a great evil. We ask Allaah to keep us from obeying our desires and the Shaytaan. Even worse and more seriously sinful than that are those who say it is mustahabb. Undoubtedly this stems from ignorance about Allaah and His Religion; it is insolent blasphemy against Allaah and lying about His Laws. What is mustahabb is to beat on the daff [simple hand drum] at weddings. This is mustahabb for women only, in order to announce the wedding and to distinguish it from fornication. There is nothing wrong with women singing amongst themselves, accompanied by the daff, so long as the songs contain no words that encourage evil or distract people from their duties. It is also a condition that this should take place among women only, and there should be no mixing with men. It should also not cause any annoyance or disturbance to neighbours. What some people do, of amplifying such singing with loudspeakers is evil, because of the disturbance it causes to other Muslims, neighbours and others. It is not permissible for women, in weddings or on other occasions, to use any instrument other than the daff, such as the oud, violin, rebab (stringed instrument) and so on. This is evil, and the only concession that women are given is that they may use the daff.

As for men, it is not permissible for them to play any kind of musical instrument, whether at weddings or on any other occasion. What Allaah has prescribed for men is training in the use of instruments of war, such as target practice or learning to ride horses and competing in that, using spears, shields, tanks, airplanes and other things such as cannons, machine guns, bombs and anything else that may help jihaad for the sake of Allaah.”

So, do you still think Music is not haram? What you do from this point forward, is entirely up to you. I have delivered my message. To act on it, or deny it is entirely up to you. I hope you will take it in the right spirit.

Best Regards

@Abu Nasar

It's a matter of somewhat differing opinions. I am of the opinion that music is not sinful as long as it does not go against the core teachings of Islam and as long as there is no evil involved. Also in the year 2014 it is impossible to avoid music. You have musical melodies everywhere from your TV, computer, on the streets etc.
We can also not deny the fact that music in Islam has a long and rich history.

Islamic music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no direct verse in the Qur'an that prohibits music mind you. There are a few ahadith that allude or the 2 (from what I recall) that directly mention music by name but I think the music mentioned there is in connecting with bad deeds or pre-Islamic music. As you see then it is mentioned along with alcohol and premartial sexual intercourse.

You also have ahadith that mention musical instruments as allowed. The tambourine and oud if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
@Abu Nasar

It's a matter of somewhat differing opinions. I am of the opinion that music is not sinful as long as it does not go against the the core teachings of Islam and as long as there is no evil involved. Also in the year 2014 it is impossible to avoid music. You have musical melodies everywhere from your TV, computer, on the streets etc.
We can also not deny the fact that music in Islam has long and rich history.

Islamic music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no direct verse in the Qur'an that prohibits music mind you. There are a few ahadith that allude or the 2 (from what I recall) that directly mention music by name but I think the music mentioned there is in connecting with bad deeds or pre-Islamic music. As you see then it is mentioned along with alcohol and premartial sexual intercourse.

You also have ahadith that mention musical instruments as allowed.

Like I said,you are free to do what you want. But in light of even one solid Hadith that forbids it, is enough for me.

Secondly, Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baaz (RH), was not only the Grand Mufti of Saudi, but one of the greatest scholars of our present time. Maybe you can doubt his Fatwas, I can't.

Thirdly, there is no such thing as "Islamic Music," Can you tell me of 1 incident where the Prophet S.A.W.S., the four rightly caliphs, the Sahabas, the Tabaeens, The Taba-tabaeen, indulged in music of any form?

Fourth, Is there any Ayah in the Quran that teaches you how to do wudu? No. You look to the Ahadith for guidance.

Fifth, your interpretation of this Hadith is your interpretation, not of Shaikh Bin Baaz or any other major scholar.

Lastly, there is no solid hadith that allows music. If there is, I would like to definitely see it.

Nothing is impossible, You can replace music in your life by listening to Nasheeds, Quranic recitations, doing zikir. There are plenty of alternatives "IF" you want to. It's all about what YOU want, and where you want to go.

Best Regards!!

Like I said,you are free to do what you want. But in light of even one solid Hadith that forbids it, is enough for me.

Secondly, Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baaz (RH), was not only the Grand Mufti of Saudi, but one of the greatest scholars of our present time. Maybe you can doubt his Fatwas, I can't.

Thirdly, there is no such thing as "Islamic Music," Can you tell me of 1 incident where the Prophet S.A.W.S., the four rightly caliphs, the Sahabas, the Tabaeens, The Taba-tabaeen, indulged in music of any form?

Fourth, Is there any Ayah in the Quran that teaches you how to do wudu? No. You look to the Ahadith for guidance.

Fifth, your interpretation of this Hadith is your interpretation, not of Shaikh Bin Baaz or any other major scholar.

Lastly, there is no solid hadith that allows music. If there is, I would like to definitely see it.

Nothing is impossible, You can replace music in your life by listening to Nasheeds, Quranic recitations, doing zikir. There are plenty of alternatives "IF" you want to. It's all about what YOU want, and where you want to go.

Best Regards!!

I mostly listen to nasheeds and some instrumental music, like just sounds that are soothing. What do you think about that? It's just many people are so bored they listen to songs including me sometimes. Although little do I and they're classic Arab songs.

Best Regards!!

This is a topic that has been debated among Muslim scholars for a very long time and you can't ignore that there are differing opinions and have been historically. Among the most learned scholars of yesterday. If it was such a great sin would it not have been mentioned in the Qur'an or mentioned more times in the ahadith as something very bad like alcohol, pork and premarital intercourse, or unfaithfulness in a marriage etc. etc.?

[Sahih Bukhari]

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 103:

• Narrated 'Urwa on the authority of 'Aisha:
  • On the days of Mina, (11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah) Abu Bakr came to her while two young girls were beating the tambourine and the Prophet was lying covered with his clothes. Abu Bakr scolded them and the Prophet uncovered his face and said to Abu Bakr, "Leave them, for these days are the days of 'Id and the days of Mina." 'Aisha further said, "Once the Prophet was screening me and I was watching the display of black slaves in the Mosque and ('Umar) scolded them. The Prophet said, 'Leave them. O Bani Arfida! (carry on), you are safe (protected)'."

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72:

• Narrated Aisha:
  • Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id."
Volume 2, Book 15, Number 70:

• Narrated Aisha:
  • Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) lay down and turned his face to the other side. Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying, "Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?" Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) turned his face towards him and said, "Leave them." When Abu Bakr became inattentive, I signalled to those girls to go out and they left. It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (p.b.u.h) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave.
That's 3 examples of ahadith that allude to something else or at least are not as rigorous in their interpretation of the role of music in Islam.

So based on that I, like other clerics of yesterday, today and ordinary Muslims, conclude that music is not harmful as long as the conditions I mentioned before apply (no music that goes against the teachings of Islam and no evil involved).

I mostly listen to nasheeds and some instrumental music, like just sounds that are soothing. What do you think about that? It's just many people are so bored they listen to songs including me sometimes. Although little do I and they're classic Arab songs.

Nasheeds without music is fine.

Instrumental Music = I'm trying to find a Hadith I once read, where the Prophet S.A.W.S. said "I have come to destroy the instruments of music."
Secondly, I have yet to see a Fatwa by a respectable scholar that says Instrumental music is allowed.

You need to ask yourself, how much time do I spend building my hereafter? This life will end. The next one will NOT.

Nasheeds without music is fine.

Instrumental Music = I'm trying to find a Hadith I once read, where the Prophet S.A.W.S. said "I have come to destroy the instruments of music."
Secondly, I have yet to see a Fatwa by a respectable scholar that says Instrumental music is allowed.

You need to ask yourself, how much time do I spend building my hereafter? This life will end. The next one will NOT.

I mostly adhere to this. I wish to meet you one day when I come to the UAE again. :)

Btw, I'm still going to meet that houri girl. :rofl: :P

Back
Top Bottom