What's new

Arabic Coffee shop

This is a topic that has been debated among Muslim scholars for a very long time and you can't ignore that there are differing opinions and have been historically. Among the most learned scholars of yesterday. If it was such a great sin would it not have been mentioned in the Qur'an or mentioned more times in the ahadith as something very bad like alcohol, pork and premarital intercourse, or unfaithfulness in a marriage etc. etc.?

[Sahih Bukhari]

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 103:

• Narrated 'Urwa on the authority of 'Aisha:
  • On the days of Mina, (11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijjah) Abu Bakr came to her while two young girls were beating the tambourine and the Prophet was lying covered with his clothes. Abu Bakr scolded them and the Prophet uncovered his face and said to Abu Bakr, "Leave them, for these days are the days of 'Id and the days of Mina." 'Aisha further said, "Once the Prophet was screening me and I was watching the display of black slaves in the Mosque and ('Umar) scolded them. The Prophet said, 'Leave them. O Bani Arfida! (carry on), you are safe (protected)'."

Volume 2, Book 15, Number 72:

• Narrated Aisha:
  • Abu Bakr came to my house while two small Ansari girls were singing beside me the stories of the Ansar concerning the Day of Buath. And they were not singers. Abu Bakr said protestingly, "Musical instruments of Satan in the house of Allah's Apostle !" It happened on the 'Id day and Allah's Apostle said, "O Abu Bakr! There is an 'Id for every nation and this is our 'Id."
Volume 2, Book 15, Number 70:

• Narrated Aisha:
  • Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) came to my house while two girls were singing beside me the songs of Buath (a story about the war between the two tribes of the Ansar, the Khazraj and the Aus, before Islam). The Prophet (p.b.u.h) lay down and turned his face to the other side. Then Abu Bakr came and spoke to me harshly saying, "Musical instruments of Satan near the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ?" Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) turned his face towards him and said, "Leave them." When Abu Bakr became inattentive, I signalled to those girls to go out and they left. It was the day of 'Id, and the Black people were playing with shields and spears; so either I requested the Prophet (p.b.u.h) or he asked me whether I would like to see the display. I replied in the affirmative. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) made me stand behind him and my cheek was touching his cheek and he was saying, "Carry on! O Bani Arfida," till I got tired. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) asked me, "Are you satisfied (Is that sufficient for you)?" I replied in the affirmative and he told me to leave.
That's 3 examples of ahadith that allude to something else or at least are not as rigorous in their interpretation of the role of music in Islam.

So based on that I, like other clerics of yesterday, today and ordinary Muslims, conclude that music is not harmful as long as the conditions I mentioned before apply (no music that goes against the teachings of Islam and no evil involved).
Ok this is where it stops. Why don't you end this matter once and for all and consult a Mufti you trust?

Ok this is where it stops. Why don't you end this matter once and for all and consult a Mufti you trust?
There are different opinions on that matter in the Islamic world as I told. The Qur'an does not mention anything about music being haram and the ahadith have a somewhat conflicting view. Or at least not a definitive one.

But at it's core what is wrong with music whose instruments are pleasing to the ear and whose lyrics are those of goodwill, no harm and which contain no evils?

I read somewhere that Prophet Mohammed allowed mutah.. Is it true?

Are you up to something or actually curious about Islam? :)

UAE ranks first globally in respect for women | Page 6 Post#89

Islamic militants warn they will sell captive Nigerian schoolgirls into sex slavery after internatio | Page 9 Post#133

You have asked the same question on 3 different threads. What is wrong with you?

@Aeronaut @Jungibaaz @Manticore This guy is trying to start some sort of sectarian crap.

That's what I said too...lol...you can see my post on that thread. :D

But at it's core what is wrong with music whose instruments are pleasing to the ear and whose lyrics are those of goodwill, no harm and which contain no evils?
Why are you on this planet? What is the reason behind your existence? TO prepare for the next never ending life, Things like this divert you from the remembrance of God and the hereafter.

Back
Top Bottom