What's new

Angola Bans Islam, Destroys Mosques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angola has a crap load of mineral resources. They ll survive just fine without the Islamic World.

Mineral resources? Even Afghanistan has a lot of resources. Doesn't make it even as good as "shining India". :)

Please update your understanding of the word "half hearted" before judging...
i think you havent touched what i said abt soudi/vatican..
Me telling about banning non dharmic stuffs is a hypothetical scenario as a response to u justifying on the basis of the fact that KSA is the birth place of islam... and i have clearly mentioned i wont support nor allow such a measure taken in india...

For one, i am not talking about you're support and you mentioned "desert cultures that lack in-built empathy" i did not claim any such thing about any religion and i am judging after updating my understanding of the word half hearted. My religion in no way forces me to defend the indefensible in this particular case and to that i said you shouldn't pass you're comments on the reasons behind people having different opinions from you'rs. And what have i not touched upon in terms of Saudi Arabia? I told you i would respect the decision of the Vatican if they decide the same what else do you want to know?

I don't see any problem - When Muslim countries don't protect the minorities and treat them respectfully than on what basis they expect others to do that, on top of that Islam is hijacked by extremists, it's better to ban it until Muslim purge these evils & their doctrines from religion.

This if true would be the dumbest move ever by a sovereign state,you dont want to be enemies with muslims,we have the most dangerous people among us.
Very strange.

This is exactly the mindset that makes the increasing Muslim population appear like a bullying majority. Any doubts why non-Muslims fear the rise of Islamic population in their respective communities?

Now, whether Muslims on global level do have any power at all, is entirely different subject.

I have never seen you actually participate in any discussion. I wonder why.

Thats pretty much all Angola has done too. You can't possibly ban someone from following a religion in this privacy of their home, that would be stupid and not possible t enforce.

I don't know what Angola have fully made unlawful. I have not seen their law in detail so I can't tell.

But the main difference here is that KSA has no other native religions other than Islam anymore despite having a ancient presence of Christianity and Judaism on its territory - the two other Abrahamic religions. Nor are anyone following ancient Semitic religions either.

In Angola you have a native population, significant, that suddenly cannot practice their religion freely.

A big difference IMO.

Mineral resources? Even Afghanistan has a lot of resources. Doesn't make it even as good as "shining India". :)

But unlike Afghanistan, Angola has a coastline and is not held to ransom by its "brotherly neighbour". As long as they have minerals and oil and energy hungry countries like China and India they ll prosper.

Last edited:
Well, isn't Apostasy punishable by death in Saudi Arabia

KSA doesn't carry it anymore. We haven't stoned anyone either since the 60s.

Also, Does Saudia allow other religious groups to build their houses of worship? I think you didn't read the original article

I said that the Saudis are okay with you practicing your faith in compound, thus, the Saudi way is way milder than Angola's, and I did read the article.

said that along with Islam, a 100 other religious groups have also been outlawed.

The difference is that Saudi doesn't outlaws 5 religions or a million, while Angola does. In other word, there is no blacklist.

So, the Angolans are selectively protecting Christianity alone, like Saudia selectively protects Sunni Islam

That's an insult to my family considering the fact that my mom is a Texan Christian, and Dad is a Riyadh(ian) Muslim :lol: JK :P

Well, isn't Apostasy punishable by death in Saudi Arabia. Also, Does Saudia allow other religious groups to build their houses of worship? I think you didn't read the original article. It said that along with Islam, a 100 other religious groups have also been outlawed. Here again, the Angolans have made no mention of prohibiting worship at Homes. So, the Angolans are selectively protecting Christianity alone, like Saudia selectively protects Sunni Islam.

I don't know what Angola have fully made unlawful. I have not seen their law in detail so I can't tell.

But the main difference here is that KSA has no other native religions other than Islam anymore despite having a ancient presence of Christianity and Judaism on its territory - the two other Abrahamic religions. Nor are anyone following ancient Semitic religions either.

In Angola you have a native population, significant, that suddenly cannot practice their religion freely.

Bi difference IMO.

Apparently they don't have much of a native Muslim population. Majority of them are West African and Lebanese migrants.

no one can blame angola , especially with muslims slaughtering each other in Syria and other parts of the world , no one to blame for this except muslims themselves and by the way I am muslim .

I would love to see a mutli-religious state but that cant be in middle east where people kill each other over the most redicolous reasons , to build a stable state sadly were forced to stand up for one religion or at max 3 .

We still have the dark ages mindset sadly.
by using your logic,it will be fit to say that islam should be banned from the earth.
(i am using your logic only)

But unlike Afghanistan, Angola has a coastline and is not held to ransom by its neighbours. As long as they have minerals and oils and energy hungry country like China and India they ll prosper.

When they will prosper, we will see that. It would be interesting to see them how they will prosper with being boycotted by half of the world.

Apparently they don't have much of a native Muslim population. Majority of them are West African and Lebanese migrants.

According to the Wikipedia article the Muslim population is close to 100.000 people. The total population of the country is 20 million. So we can conclude that 0,5% of all the citizens are Muslims that is 1 in every 200 people. It is not like they banned some cult based on human sacrifice in some village numbering 100 people.

Do you have any data that show that most of them are West African Muslims and Arab Muslims? I am not surprised to find us Arabs in every corner of the world but Angola? Really? How the hell did they end up there?

I have never seen you actually participate in any discussion. I wonder why.

Thats pretty much all Angola has done too. You can't possibly ban someone from following a religion in this privacy of their home, that would be stupid and not possible t enforce.

Weak Indian argument and general bias towards Muslims lets me know that I will be wasting my time in engaging with saffron chaadi wearing bandits.

Well, it is their right. If they think they need to ban Islam then so be it. Islam has not only survived, it has prospered massively in the last 1400+ years. It will continue to grow despite the current crusade etc.

I just hope that they haven't unintentionally invited radicalism by the move. Because they cannot afford it.

KSA has not banned any religions. For example it is allowed not to adhere to any religion de facto and even de jure if I remember correctly.

Secondly people are free to practice their religion in private as long as they are not proselytizing another religion other than Islam inside the territory of KSA.

It might only be Makkah and Madinah that are the only holy cities of Islam inside KSA (in total millions live in those two cities) but nearly all of KSA has a historical place in Islam meaning that there are several other cities, historical regions etc. where Islam played a role. But that is less important. The most important thing is that KSA is following Islamic laws although the society is not a complete Islamic society meaning that every single law derives from Islam.

Maybe even more importantly there are no native non-Muslims in KSA. Once before the appearance of Islam KSA had significant Jewish and Christian communities while those not following Abrahamic religions (also "Semitic religions" in theory) followed ancient Semitic religions (Pagans).

For example one of the oldest churches (1700 years old) are found in current day Jubail in the Eastern Province of, KSA.

Jubail Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the non-Muslims are either a few hundred/thousand (at most) converts or foreigners meaning non-locals who are only staying in KSA temporarily and will move again. They mostly live in compounds and in those compounds they are free to hold masses or whatever they do.

I don't really know what Angola did fully but I don't think one can compare it with KSA for the reasons I mentioned.

That should be explanation enough I guess.

The problem is that despite frustration of Islamo-phobic community, Muslim prayers are going on 24/7 all around the world.

Its NOT our headache if people of other faiths are just visiting on sunday or hardly visiting their churches or other place of worship.

Angola is just messing with the wrong people. That's it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom