What's new

Analysis : What used to attack saudi oil facilities?

The oil refinery in question is/was not shielded by any variant of Patriot defense system, period. I was wrong about the 'near' part though, but these systems were not active at the time of attack which is also an important consideration (reportedly out of magazine). Saudi negligence is the primary issue here.

Give a donkey an AK47 and it won't make any difference.

You're without a doubt one of the biggest asshats on this site, bar-none, and your latest diatribe in trying to woefully defend American technology which has now been PROVEN to be inadequate against coordinated drone/Cruise missile attacks is sad, even for someone as well spoken such as yourself. This is a new low for you Legend, someday when Iran blows Saudi Arabia off the map (literally). I hope you are still alive in whatever god forsaken country you're currently residing in so that I and everyone else that told you that you're wrong in your half-baked assessments which always, without exception, gave American technology the overwhelming advantage. Can once again rub it in. You are out of your league and your useless musings about supposed American superiority are nothing more than the ravings of a manic no-life who has garnered some (meaningless) authority on a forum inundated with like minded idiots.

What I say, I say with utmost sincerity. Remember how much you talked and hyped up reprisals against Iran yet nothing happened? Well.....Iran is waiting and better yet, here get this....IRAN IS MORE THAN READY. Hell, even if Trump does something it's not like it will help his position. Lmao, Saudi Arabia is WAY more screwed in a shooting war than Iran will ever be. They have their literal country to lose if the war goes South (which it will given their extremely poor performance against the Houthis).

Idk man, keep it up, keep up your BSing all the way to the bank. Surely your payday will be worth it :smitten:

Last edited:
And you allowed that to happen when Pakistan is the sole Mislim nuclear power? That sounds like Incompetence to me.
Well... 9/11 was done by primarily by Saudis and the Americans pretty much let them get off scotch free... sounds more like incompetence to me.

Sorry to say but against America , Your equipment is like fighting with sticks and stones against fully automatic rifle. But against KSA yes you guys are a even match .
Thats pretty funny coming from a guy who likes to fight with a sword:butcher:
Starlord-special_1-fc.jpg

FALSE. There was an active Patriot battery FIVE KILOMETRES away from the Abqaiq Oil facilities. The coordinates for the Patriot battery are 25°56'30.11"N 49°43'56.19"E and the oil facilities are just 5 km west.

EEvuksBXUAEBh0q

There. Not circles. But them not being circles is a testament to one of the most critical weaknesses of the Patriot system. It lacks 360° coverage as exhibited in the S-300 and S-400 systems. The lack of this is a weakness. The Saudis failing to cover for this doesn't detract from the Patriot's flaws.

:disagree:
Thanks for your input. Your work is high quality and appreciated.

My verdict was based on inadequate homework. I checked some information in relation to this attack, and mistook it for being complete. I will be patient and careful next time.

Your analysis suggest that the MPQ-53 radar system of that Patriot battery was looking in other direction and the invading force simply bypassed its coverage. This indicate that the culprit had acquired a decent understanding of radar coverage in that location beforehand.

A defense system is the sum of its all parts. No matter how advanced launchers and interceptors are as separate components, comprehensive radar coverage is absolutely necessary for the defense system to thwart attacks in its surroundings.

Patriot defense system is offered with a single radar system to a potential customer (standard package), but it can be made to take cues from multiple radar systems if necessary. YOU can equip a Patriot defense system with multiple MPQ-53 radar systems or multiple MPQ-65 radar systems. In fact, Patriot defense systems can be made to take cues from different types of radar systems if necessary. This is how Patriot defense systems have defeated some of the most challenging targets in American hands in recent years and tested domestically.

Establishing a credible defense, is a matter of professional understanding of these matters. This understanding cannot be bought with money from any company.

All I would say is that this is a wakeup call for KSA. Their incompetence and lack of strategic depth is becoming apparent to all.

Now we have some members here who are only interested in taking jabs at American hardware and insulting other members in discussions, without rich understanding of defense-related matters. I just reminded them that American hardware delivers "in capable hands."

"In capable hands" being the key term.

My verdict was based on inadequate homework. I checked some information in relation to this attack, and mistook it for being complete. I will be patient and careful next time.

Your analysis suggest that the MPQ-53 radar system of that Patriot battery was looking in other direction and the invading force simply bypassed its coverage. This indicate that the culprit had acquired a decent understanding of radar coverage in that location beforehand.

A defense system is the sum of its all parts. No matter how advanced launchers and interceptors are as separate components, comprehensive radar coverage is absolutely necessary for the defense system to thwart attacks in its surroundings.

Patriot defense system is offered with a single radar system to a potential customer (standard package), but it can be made to take cues from multiple radar systems if necessary. YOU can equip a Patriot defense system with multiple MPQ-53 radar systems or multiple MPQ-65 radar systems. In fact, Patriot defense systems can be made to take cues from different types of radar systems if necessary. This is how Patriot defense systems have defeated some of the most challenging targets in American hands in recent years and tested domestically.

Establishing a credible defense, is a matter of professional understanding of these matters. This understanding cannot be bought with money from any company.

All I would say is that this is a wakeup call for KSA. Their incompetence and lack of strategic depth is becoming apparent to all.

Now we have some members here who are only interested in taking jabs at American hardware and insulting other members in discussions, without rich understanding of defense-related matters. I just reminded them that American hardware delivers "in capable hands."

You finally concede..... took awhile to break the camel's back but you finally did it xD.

Sucks having to swallow that pride doesn't it? But hey, at least you did it. Now go back to your American MIC handlers, they will love your free PR.

You're without a doubt one of the biggest asshats on this site, bar-none, and your latest diatribe in trying to woefully defend American technology which has now been PROVEN to be inadequate against coordinated drone/Cruise missile attacks is sad, even for someone as well spoken such as yourself. This is a new low for you Legend, someday when Iran blows Saudi Arabia off the map (literally). I hope you are still alive in whatever god forsaken country you're currently residing in so that I and everyone else that told you that you're wrong in your half-baked assessments which always, without exception, gave American technology the overwhelming advantage. Can once again rub it in. You are out of your league and your useless musings about supposed American superiority are nothing more than the ravings of a manic no-life who has garnered some (meaningless) authority on a forum inundated with like minded idiots.

What I say, I say with utmost sincerity. Remember how much you talked and hyped up reprisals against Iran yet nothing happened? Well.....Iran is waiting and better yet, here get this....IRAN IS MORE THAN READY. Hell, even if Trump does something it's not like it will help his position. Lmao, Saudi Arabia is WAY more screwed in a shooting war than Iran will ever be. They have their literal country to lose if the war goes South (which it will given their extremely poor performance against the Houthis).

Idk man, keep it up, keep up your BSing all the way to the bank. Surely your payday will be worth it :smitten:
Your post = zero substance and just a collection of insults. I am not going to bother with morons here.

Class act reply!

Your post = zero substance and just a collection of insults. I am not going to bother with morons here.

Whatever, you got BTFO and ate it so I'm happy nonetheless. The only real moron here was you but you redeemed yourself by swallowing your pride and it took someone much more worth while than you in order to point it out, that being AmirPatriot. But if it wasn't for him your dumbass wouldn't have taken a much needed second look at your own original asinine posts on this very thread.

Being humbled isn't an easy thing, so I will relish in knowing that you got a piece of that oh so delicious humble pie!

Getting down to brass tax buddy, insults or not, you have been outed and boy does it feel good!
:smitten:

Last edited:
Whatever, you got BTFO and ate it so I'm happy nonetheless. The only real moron here was you but you redeemed yourself by swallowing your pride and it took someone much more worth while than you in order to point it out, that being AmirPatriot. But if it wasn't for him your dumbass wouldn't have taken a much needed second look at your own original asinine posts on this very thread.

Being humbled isn't an easy thing, so I will relish in knowing that you got a piece of that oh so delicious humble pie!

Getting down to brass tax buddy, insults or not, you have been outed and boy does it feel good!
:smitten:
I do not have 20+ ratings for posting rubbish and nonsense here since I joined. I do my homework normally, but I also speak my mind at times. Unlike several Iranian members here, I am not under payroll of any party or agency. You have outed nothing, do not post rubbish.

Point is that nobody is infallible in his judgement on 24/7 basis, WE are 'humans' after all.

You insult @AmirPatriot by mentioning him because you are nothing like him but a miserable TROLL in comparison; AmirPatriot is a quality poster without any doubt - one of the few Iranian members whom I admire at personal capacity. You rather worry about the future of your country instead of insulting people left, right and center. You offer nothing of substance here.

You are only TROLLING here, and this is an offense per forum rules. Stop quoting me or you will be explaining your behavior to moderators after this post. There is a limit to my tolerance. Continue with your BS and you will be sorted out; ask a few Iranian members here if you think I am bluffing. I will not put up with your insults for indefinite period. Heed my advice and move on.

Last edited:
I've ignored you buddy (Legend) but I'm thoroughly done playing the nice guy to some you douche-nozzles here on PDF. Why be nice or cordial when all you get is condescending blabber replete with arrogant militaristic-jingoism from what can only be described as persons suffering from apparent Dunning-Kruger effects.

Eh, whatever....It was always gonna end up like this for me anyways xD. Been on this site for too long, the adverse effects which are natural in places where cesspools of ideologues gather around one another, nodding their collective heads in synchronous approval about things they don't fully understand. Gotta love forums man, they're the best!!!

Anyways...forum's gone to shit (for me at least), might as well just join the chorus or do as the Romans do, or something to that effect.

Well it is like this

USSR/ Russia (Scud Missile Tech.) -------> Iran (modifies, extends, adds some bells & whistles) --------> Houthis (paint jobs, new names) ======> :sniper::sniper::sniper: on KSA ..... and then PAC3 fail, US forces and radars fail to stop or even detect... I must say that's a big win for Iran.

KSA should contemplate why did PAC3 or other countermeasures did not work? and I'm sure they are doing it right now
Rest, most of Irani members on PDF seem to accept that it was done by Houthis with Irani support... though some Pakistani members are coming up theories that it is USA or Israel.

More likely than not it was done by Iran itself. Houthis are just a diversion to shed blame from Iran but still keeping the ace of spade in Iran's hands, the USA knows it was Iran and Iran knows it that the USA knows.

The pattern of so-called drone attacks against the Saudi oil installations is just too neat and symmetrical. The Israelis have a strong interest in promoting a US-Saudi War. The attacks in Saudi came ironically right after the anniversary of 9/11 that plunged the US into war against large parts of the Muslim world.

Military observers, Find it very hard to believe that drones could be guided over such long distances and so accurately without aircraft or satellites to guide them. In Yemen, which is just creeping into the 12th century, changing a flat tire is a major technological achievement. To date, Iran’s missile arsenal has poor reliability and major guidance problems.

Adding to the questions, the Saudis have spent billions on US-made air defense systems. They failed to protect the oil installations.

Back
Top Bottom