What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Any T-34s still around?
Anyways the M48 (thermal sights ones) is better then the Russian junk T-72.
More importantly these are 60 tons machines, agaist 40 tons T72. These tanks have some armor.

Provided with volkan FCS, they could become great reserve tanks that can be very useful for training.
Turkmanistan and Azerbajian don't have any 4-man Nato style tanks. If we are to sell them ALTAYs they'll need to be trained.

Well, they'll need to have some money to maintain them :) wouldn't want to see historic tanks go to waste

Sometimes relationships are more important then money about these kind of issues... I prefer to give these tanks to a brother country/countries who has no money to buy them...

Sometimes relationships are more important then money about these kind of issues... I prefer to give these tanks to a brother country/countries who has no money to buy them...

Oh by all means give it to them for free, but how are they going to maintain them or buy spare parts for 50+ year old tank ?

There is more to it then chucking tanks at a country..

Oh by all means give it to them for free, but how are they going to maintain them or buy spare parts for 50+ year old tank ?

blow em up with Umtas and the other missiles you want to test its effectiveness..

CM this was my opinion, i don't know if my opinion is right and there is no need to get into details... Let's wait and see what will happen... I hope our guys will consider the issue in the best way... :tup:

Buying/receiving the tank is one thing, maintaining it is another.

The fuel needed for that old beast is a other story of its own....

CM this was my opinion, i don't know if my opinion is right and there is no need to get into details... Let's wait and see what will happen... I hope our guys will consider the issue in the best way... :tup:

I'm not criticizing your opinion KUL, what I see happening is TSK selling them to scrapyards and reclaiming the steel.

And if they can't sell them to Scrapyards, we'll have fields of rusty tanks (Picture Israel, city of Kiryat Gat)
boohoohoo.jpg

I'm not criticizing your opinion KUL, what I see happening is TSK selling them to scrapyards and reclaiming the steel.

And if they can't sell them to Scrapyards, we'll have fields of tanks (Picture Israel, city of Kiryat Gat)
boohoohoo.jpg

I'll not get into details but let's look at this with this point of view...

We are operating M-48s for our benefits now... If these tanks serve our and our brothers' benefits what do you think about that ? We can give shoulder to that x country/countries about maintenance for our and our brothers' benefits... Giving these tanks to brother countries can be more helpful for us and our brothers rather then using it in our borders as a target etc... We can keep some of them for R&D like armour piercing etc... But i support my opinion by now... Sure our officials will think about this with every detail...

Briefly my details are about that...

I'll not get into details but let's look at this with this point of view...

We are operating M-48s for our benefits now... If these tanks serve our and our brothers' benefits what do you think about that ? We can give shoulder to that x country/countries about maintenance for our and our brothers' benefits... Giving these tanks to brother countries can be more helpful for us and our brothers rather then using it in our borders as a target etc... We can keep some of them for R&D like armour piercing etc... But i support my opinion by now... Sure our officials will think about this with every detail...

Briefly my details are about that...

There is too many reasons to state why it would be unlikely for Turkey to give tanks away, suppose we'll see what happens in time.

There is too many reasons to state why it would be unlikely for Turkey to give tanks away, suppose we'll see what happens in time.

Yes we will wait and see what will happen... Hope they will do the best... But lastly i want to point something... You say "to give tanks away"... But the thing i say is not 'giving them away'... I exactly say inverse of it...

Anyways let's wait and see & hope best...

They need some food and water. Btw, how much cost 1kg Steel in Turkey?

You took those peoples' food & water from them and inshaAllah we will give these to them back inshaAllah...

In this forum i stopped politic discussions and after this post i also stop this kind of comments which i made in this post... Untill a second decision of mine... And i don't know if i will make this decision in the future and if i will make this decision i don't know it is when !!!...

Back
Top Bottom