What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

My friend who is an Industrial Engineer says that Turkish products are sweeping the market, he said in a nutshell "Turkey offers German Quality with Chinese prices".

I see great future for Turkey in the engineering front.
Great example about Turkey. Thats what they want to be in Global Market and gain market share. According to Turkey analysis, they will sell 25 billion army technologies in 2023.

What rush ? its them who say they will start serial production next year, but appearently there isn't even a pic with armor applied on Altay, its them who is rushing.

As I said we could always develop a more advanced tank with the experience wi got, our main aim in these projects is self sufficience, thats why I think first aim should have been a modern but moderate, not much expensive tank, ready for mass production even at times when we have economical problems.
they will start the mass production at the end of 2016 not next year. Also, Altay has its armor ready already, the only thing is the engine and probably Japan is going to help Turkey.

they will start the mass production at the end of 2016 not next year. Also, Altay has its armor ready already, the only thing is the engine and probably Japan is going to help Turkey.
There was news a few weeks ago that Japan wouldn't accept the deal because Turkish demand was also to get the rights to export the tank with the Japanese engine, Japan didn't want that. Turkey is looking for other options, if im not mistaken

Calm down guys, Altay has pretty much Leopard2A6 specs with better armor and even slightly lower silhouette. Electronics are state of the art and even the current engine is better :) latest 1500hp MTU diesel, identical to the one on the Leopard2A6, only smaller, lighter

I think leopard2A6/A7+ is the best tank in the world and Altay will fvcking beat it.
@Targon
It no way is too heavy(Challenger 2 is heavier with with even lower engine power)

And is sure to be cheaper than K2 black tiger, we threw away some unnecessary components that we didn't need, such as autoloader and the jumping suspension :lol:

Last edited:
Are these pics we see includes armor ? if yes then I don't its looks much of in modern standarts :/

Are these pics we see includes armor ? if yes then I don't its looks much of in modern standarts :/
They have to be, Without the true weight of actual boron carbid composites there wouldn't be much point at making off-road tests.

They have to be, Without the true weight of actual boron carbid composites there wouldn't be much point at making off-road tests.

Maybe, the shape of the turrent will a bit change with the actual boron carbid armour is applied. ?

Maybe, the shape of the turrent will a bit change with the actual boron carbid armour is applied. ?
As long as the turret is all around composite, shape doesn't matter THAT much. And preserving ammo behind blast doors like in the M1 Abrams is a must, for now I don't have knowledge on either of these features and these are 100x more important than having a 5-6 degrees better slope in the front.

Hey guys, what do you think about this news ? 8-)

Japonya 50 yıl sonra kararını değiştirdi

314715.jpg

Wasn't the first production engines going to be MTU 1500 hp?
Might have changed.
They wanted to go with a Japanese motor but it didn't workout due to japans retarded export laws. From what I understand they are looking at the indigenous motor as of now.

@Targon may have more info.

Back
Top Bottom