What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

what is the price of a unit of otokar cobra altay tulper t-129 T-155 Fırtına and TAI Anka ?o_O:woot:

Any specifications or picture of what final version could look like out yet?

Current Tanks of Turkish Army sucks. Even Syrians probably have better armor.

Turkey needs Altay to revolutionize its land forces.

Current Tanks of Turkish Army sucks. Even Syrians probably have better armor.
Are you sure? Turkish army operates about 300 Leapoard 2A4.

Also this sexy thing is in the pipeline.

Leopard 2 Next Gen

leopard_2ng_l2.jpg

Last edited:

Leopard 2 Next Gen

leopard_2ng_l2.jpg

Ok sorry, I obviously was mistaken.

Turkish land forces still need atleast 2500 ultra-modern tanks to become a lethal force.

Alot of M48s and M60s still in Turkish military.

The goal of Turkey should be to have the strongest military machine on mainland Europe by far! Far above than U.K, France, Germany etc.

For that, Turkey needs near $1 trillion investment in its military industrial complex in next three to four decades!

1- Fifth generation aircraft program.
2- Modern Main Battle Tank program.
3- Anti-Tank missile program.
4- Air-launched cruise missile program.
5-Military-gear modernization program.
6- Anti-ship missile and torpedo program

Along with joint-production of F-16s, T-129s, partnership in F-35s, and now home-production of Turkish version of Black Hawks helicopters...

Seems like Turkey means business.

Only thing missing is a credible, effective, and atleast medium range ballistic missile program. Pakistan can help Turkey with that...

Turkey's true potential won't be realized until it becomes the strongest military power of mainland Europe. It would have the largest population in Europe. It is only usual for Turkey to become the strongest military, too.

Leopard 2 Next Gen

leopard_2ng_l2.jpg

Leopard 2NG look like a real beast but i have doubt if this armors effected it's mobility. Leo 2NG looks more muscled then the original one... Is it heavier then older one, is power of engine same ?.. So does it move slow ? Any specs about these ?

Leopard 2NG look like a real beast but i have doubt if this armors effected it's mobility. Leo 2NG looks more muscled then the original one... Is it heavier then older one, is power of engine same ?.. So does it move slow ? Any specs about these ?

Note : Aselsan claims that ‘Leopard 2NG (Next Generation)’ is advanced than ‘Leopard 2A6’. (Thanks you for this information cabatli_53)

See old links :

Leopard 2A7+ for Saudi Arabia | Page 2

Leopard 2A7+ for Saudi Arabia | Page 3

Leopard 2A7+ for Saudi Arabia | Page 3

Altay MBT | News & Discussions. | Page 27

Altay MBT | News & Discussions. | Page 27

If Altay tank don't change his turrent, it remains a absolutly worst tank. Doesn't matter which kind of armor he use. Shape-design of a turrent is equally inportant like the armor.

If Altay tank don't change his turrent, it remains a absolutly worst tank. Doesn't matter which kind of armor he use. Shape-design of a turrent is equally inportant like the armor.
What is wrong with the current turret according to you my friend?

What is wrong with the current turret according to you my friend?

Each impact to the turret can not be deflected, because of his inclination angle, in my opinion, particularly the front/side pages.

Look at the front of Leo A6. Very shape front design. It is considerably more difficult to chop through.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom