What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Armor 2-page-001.jpg

I meant,you could put the same weapons as you did on the Al-Khalid.

I know, though they still cost money. We are down to lose change in our jean pocket, all thanks to our stupid warfighting of the past. :D

Altay has a 120mm gun, Al-Khalid has a 125mm gun. They use different rounds.

Altay is an awesome tank, though a little too expensive for our pocket. This is like me trying to buy a Lamborghini ;)

You didn't answer my question, does Turkish Army have Depleted Uranium tank rounds?

I know, though they still cost money. We are down to lose change in our jean pocket, all thanks to our stupid warfighting of the past. :D

Altay is an awesome tank, though a little too expensive for our pocket. This is like me trying to buy a Lamborghini ;)

You didn't answer my question, does Turkish Army have Depleted Uranium tank rounds?
Turkey
Turkey bought 22,920 105 mm M833 DU rounds, and 85,451 105 mm M774 DU rounds from the US, also for use with M60 Patton tanks. Turkey also has ADAM landmines in its inventory, which contain DU in their housing to give it structural integrity. As a signatory to the Ottawa Treaty, Turkey is obliged to destroy its ADAM mines, but as of 2010 this had not been completed.

Turkey
Turkey bought 22,920 105 mm M833 DU rounds, and 85,451 105 mm M774 DU rounds from the US, also for use with M60 Patton tanks. Turkey also has ADAM landmines in its inventory, which contain DU in their housing to give it structural integrity. As a signatory to the Ottawa Treaty, Turkey is obliged to destroy its ADAM mines, but as of 2010 this had not been completed.

We 'build' DU rounds, just in case you need them... :coffee:

MBT-2000 was sold to Bangladesh at almost 4 million $ per unit .. Which is inferior to even the basic AK ... We should concentrate on AK-II ...

Turkey

Those are obsolete bro .. We produce 650 +mm Naiza II..even Tungsten.. You are welcome..;)

Last edited:
* Altay is not suited for our terrain
* We don't have the money to pay ~ 7 million dollars a piece

What we need is to work with Turkey to develop subsystems for our armor as well as on new designs.

That's what they said about the Abrams before it went into desert storm bro and we all know how that turned out... It's about ground pressure which is fine for our terrain. I also said smaller numbers and not on the scale of the present Al-Khalid and its variants so price shouldn't be an issue. I pretty sure the unit cost won't be that high.

As far as I know there are 2 Altay prototypes out as of now. Whats with the other 2 that are supposed to come because honestly im not that impressed with the altay as far as the armor looks but apparently the fire control system is nice, has a modern gun, and i like the remote controlled machine gun on top. Its armor doesn't seemed to be shaped as good as our leopard 2 NG upgrade or the merkava also it doesn't have side skirts. However I did notice that the two altay prototypes that are out look different and one of them actually looks pretty nice.

idk much about military i just wanna ask what does the tulpar do ??for me tulpar is a small weak tank i mean why you make it when you have altay ??o_O

idk much about military i just wanna ask what does the tulpar do ??for me tulpar is a small weak tank i mean why you make it when you have altay ??o_O
Tulpar is an Infantry Fighting Vehicle which was designed to support the Altay MBT aswell as infantry. IFV's are vital in ground warfare because they provide mobility and fire support for the infantry. The Tulpar carries a fully equiped infantry squad where as the Altay doesn't.

This isn't related to your question but it is a good source of info. After watching this you will have learned alot.

@Bismarck Might be interesting for you good historical information.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom