What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Minor corrections on the translation ;

Altay Tank serial production contract is expected to be signed tomorrow. According to the announcement, the workload consists of the production of 250 units of the tank, and the first tank to come off the product line is expected to be 18 months after the contract is valid. Source: @C4Defence/ http://c4news.me/vzT31
Didin't we just read yesterday and this morning opinons by some "experts" and internet worriors that TR has no money to produce Altay, no technology, no political will, actually nothing?!? Just kidding, don't care what they wrote, very nice to see this so let us wait till tom. to see contract signature and then in 18mn. the beast!

Akkor APS will be made ready in 2019 so serial production Altay tanks will be equipped with APS.

There will be 3 stages (batches) of production

Altay-T1 (40 tanks)
- APS
- Add-on-armour produced by roketsan

Altay-T2 (210 tanks)
- Improved armour systems
- Isolated munitions configuration (?)(blast doors ?)
- Laser guided firing capability
- Crew training mode
- Mobile camouflage net

Altay-T3
- Unmanned turret

Is that lahat equivalent or is it laser guided tank shell.
There is huge difference

18 months... So, the factory construction must have been finished already.

Will BMC produce Altay on its own, or with Rheinmetall help?

I dont think anyone here is a representative neither for BMC nor for Rheinmetall. Why dont you compose an e-mail and ask the same question to these companies? So that you can enlighten us..

Raising the same question over and over is boring.

I dont think anyone here is a representative neither for BMC nor for Rheinmetall. Why dont you compose an e-mail and ask the same question to these companies? So that you can enlighten us..

Raising the same question over and over is boring.

YOU have sign the contract to produce the tank. I thought you know who will produce it.

Back
Top Bottom