What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Great summary, what else can I say. I believe the reason we don't want any of these patriotic companies to be "tied" to RTE is because we want to keep them "pure" RTE daughter marrying into Baykar is like a bad dream because we want to be able to be proud without the company being smeared in RTE or AKP.

And good point that Vestel and Baykar invested their own money into R&D without being asked too. I wish we'd have more companies like that, but it would require strong economy, or willingness to build something that is better than what's being asked for, and sell it and earn a lot of money.

Altay got dragged through a lot of mud, and we'll have to see what the BAFO was, and we'll probably open a thread to analyse the JV company construction between Rheinmetall and BMC and what it means.

You shouldn't comment on a topic if you don't have a clue.

The German government can not sanction JVs between foreign and German defence companies if they don't have their headquarter in Germany.

As if Otokar is 100% Turkish... BMC is the better decision. They invested relatively more than Otokar. Koç is only interested in making money as fast as possible.
And you already know where the HQ will be?
The point is its stupid to invite foreigners when there is a possibility of being as much indigenous as possible.

@Sinan

( since i'm new the forum software didn't let me quote :/ )

This part : "Otokar was repeatedly asked to bid but unfortunately declined."
Read it up on Trmilitary before they closed down to visitors. Don't have an account to source it at the moment, sorry :(

The other part : "SM decided to add "engine development" as a "must" to the tender rules."
Bit's and pieces from various sources, so it can safely be called hearsay.​

@Sinan

( since i'm new the forum software didn't let me quote :/ )

This part : "Otokar was repeatedly asked to bid but unfortunately declined."
Read it up on Trmilitary before they closed down to visitors. Don't have an account to source it at the moment, sorry :(

The other part : "SM decided to add "engine development" as a "must" to the tender rules."
Bit's and pieces from various sources, so it can safely be called hearsay.​
I wish you could have supported your first post with legitimate sources, otherwise it is going stay as allegations.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

I wish you could have supported your first post with legitimate sources, otherwise it is going stay as allegations.

Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Thanks! :cheers:

Trmilitary closing to visitors is a big bummer as they had (still have I suppose) vast amounts of knowledge which are properly sourced. We'll have to make without I suppose. If only I wasn't silly and created an account way back when I started reading them :(

Malaysia's Etika group is also part of RBSS...

--RBSS--
BMC 50%
Rheinmetall 40%
Etika group 10%
CM do you have reliable source for this (not from media outlets)

Because i have seen different ratios like;

- BMC %40, RH %40, Etika %20

Another one was saying;
- BMC %55, RH %45 (Etika having share in RH's share)

etc....

But couldn't find an official, reliable source for the actual shares.

This source says (not official though)
(Malezya % 10, Rheinmetall % 39 ve BMC % 51 hissesiyle kurulan RBSS ihaleye girebilir)

Right now we're in this weird situation where our first MBT is going to be produced by ;
  • 39% German company
  • 26% Turkish company
  • 25% Qatar company
  • 10% Malaysian company
Allrighty then.

Altay does not produce by RBSS.
This company is an affiliate of BMC. They will probably provide support in areas of manufacturing engineering and systems integration. If you examine the field of activity of the company, the subject can be understood better. Prototype production and serial production are separate subjects.

Turret integration is a specialized field in itself, but there are many detailed sub-topics from computer-aided systems to production assembly line. we will either get the this engineering out of country or bring a company from abroad. Because we are trying to run without walking in every area. SSM's goal is to make one of the best tanks in the world.

One more thing, the integration of the AKKOR system. Structural change is anticipated in the turret . That is, partial design activities may continue.

Back
Top Bottom