What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Now that is confirmed...
Good Luck to BMC... Let's keep a bit of Optimism... Who knows... We can get few interesting surprises out of this...
Germany maybe a bit "sceptical" with Turkey... But they are quite happy folks with Qatar... So a bit of political "balance" here and there... and things could actually work...

And let's be a bit honest here... Rheinmetall wouldn't have made any "JV" if they didn't got some sort of "Green light" from the German administration... Afterall we are speaking about making a New Tank... not something you can see everyday...

Biz is Biz... enough Lobby and Face saving in the Media...and the soup is served...

Soo why noone has bought BMC except Ethem Sancak. I remember how it was sold. Goverment wanted to sell it to different big bosses of Turkey and none of them has bought.At the end Ethem Sancak has bought and we have many kirpis in use thanks to that.
Hadi bizim aklımızla dalga geçiliyor 15 milyar ediyor diye de bu bizim büyük patronların aklı yok muydu 751 milyona alip 15 milyara satmayacak kadar. Veya eğer dedikleri dogruysa bu Ethem Sancak o kadar saf mi 15 milyar eden arsayı satmayıp elinde tutuyor .15 milyara değil Altay tankı TFX bile geliştirilir.
Bu kadar yorum yapıldı okudum acaba hangimiz ihalede kimin ne fiyat veya nekadar teknolojik taahhüdü olduğunu biliyor da konuşuyoruz.Yorumlar hangi veriye dayanıyor. Bence herşeye politik çerçeveden bakmayalım.

Last edited:
Come on guys, am I the only one who see the sarcasm and irony in this issue. What do you want more? One of the most formidable tank builder will works together with you. And if you get technology transfer, you have no reason to cry. At the end, our good old relationship works.

You can blame capitalism for many things, but they have at least one good thing. They are blind. They don’t know colors. They don’t know religion. They don’t know ethnicity.

Have you solved the engine problem? Will MTU deliver the first patch of 250 engines.

RIP national tank project, i hope they have fun with their Qatari-German tank.
They sold the national interest to their friends to fill their pockets, traitors...

Come on guys, am I the only one who see the sarcasm and irony in this issue. What do you want more? One of the most formidable tank builder will works together with you. And if you get technology transfer, you have no reason to cry. At the end, our good old relationship works.

You can blame capitalism for many things, but they have at least one good thing. They are blind. They don’t know colors. They don’t know religion. They don’t know ethnicity.

Have you solved the engine problem? Will MTU deliver the first patch of 250 engines.
Germany just santioned us man the fvck are you talking about?

Gözümüz aydın. :-)

Now tender for a line of support vehicles based off the Altay chassis would be nice.

CMV
2c901453de880e0dc5d8b7404152aef7.jpg

Mine clearing
m1_panther_2.jpg

Heavy assault bridge
f33ad6beab6a22a8ec140de65bcd4a48.jpg

Assault Breacher
abv.jpg

Last edited:

The German government hasn’t greenlit anything yet and most likely won’t if Turkey won’t sacrifice something big in return. Which means BMC will need to train people to build those tanks and work on further batches. Which means the project will be delayed further a couple years until they have enough people and the necessary experience. My problem is this, if BMC has built all the prototypes and had the facilities and people with the experience I would welcome this decision but this makes no logical sense. Engine project? Okay, Altay? NO

The German government hasn’t greenlit anything yet and most likely won’t if Turkey won’t sacrifice something big in return. Which means BMC will need to train people to build those tanks and work on further batches. Which means the project will be delayed further a couple years until they have enough people and the necessary experience. My problem is this, if BMC has built all the prototypes and had the facilities and people with the experience I would welcome this decision but this makes no logical sense. Engine project? Okay, Altay? NO

How many prototypes of Leopard 2 tanks did Greeks build before they started assembling their Leopard 2A6HEL tanks?

Leopard%202%20HEL%20at%20Elvo%20Factory.jpg

RIP national tank project, i hope they have fun with their Qatari-German tank.
They sold the national interest to their friends to fill their pockets, traitors...

Germany just santioned us man the fvck are you talking about?

Rheinmetall/BMC is not Germany. I don’t know the legal terms and rights of that new Company. And if our government has the right to block any technology transfer rights. Maybe some one can check it.

Rheinmetall/BMC is not Germany. I don’t know the legal terms and rights of that new Company. And if our government has the right to block any technology transfer rights. Maybe some one can check it.
Is there even a state owned defence company in Germany? It didnt stop German goverment to sanction Turkey so far, how naive Turkish goverment must be to trust this project to foreigners, well its actually not naivity, theres another name for this.

Is there even a state owned defence company in Germany? It didnt stop German goverment to sanction Turkey so far, how naive Turkish goverment must be to trust this project to foreigners, well its actually not naivity, theres another name for this.

"another name for this"

Let me say it for you,
It is called CORRUPTION.

Now we can start praying allah so that the germans wont apply another embargo just like they did before with MTU.

Who can trust the germans?

Lets all preted we didnt see this coming from miles away. The moment they started delaying the tender so that BMC could build up the capacity to produce the amount of tanks we should have guessed who it was gonna be. Turkey is slowly turning into a Gulf Arab state, where you are rewarded based on loyalty instead of merit. Otokar should have gotten that tender long ago, but since they dont lick the *** of the reis they were skipped. Disgusting, truelly disgusting.

Loyalty should be a must to reward projects, but not "loyalty to political dictatorships", instead "loyalty to Turkish Republic and Laws of the Turkish constitution".

Companies should not be invited if they are dis-loyal anyway. But i am not gonna speculate theories until i see the prices companies offer. If BMC offered the best price, may the joy be with them.

Lets all preted we didnt see this coming from miles away. The moment they started delaying the tender so that BMC could build up the capacity to produce the amount of tanks we should have guessed who it was gonna be. Turkey is slowly turning into a Gulf Arab state, where you are rewarded based on loyalty instead of merit. Otokar should have gotten that tender long ago, but since they dont lick the *** of the reis they were skipped. Disgusting, truelly disgusting.
Expecting quality where corruption is involved... Say hello to MKEK 2.0.

Loyalty should be a must to reward projects, but not "loyalty to political dictatorships", instead "loyalty to Turkish Republic and Laws of the Turkish constitution".

Companies should not be invited if they are dis-loyal anyway. But i am not gonna speculate theories until i see the prices companies offer. If BMC offered the best price, may the joy be with them.

The prices must of been pretty close, since assemblers had fixed prices from the systems manufacturers. I would say BMC won out because they have better opportunity export with their JV company and the fact that BMC is the only one out of the three that is investing to develop engines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom