What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

In TV Deutche Welle channel , german "intellectuals" complained about that "Turkey slauhters kurdish militia using our Leopard tanks" last week.
What if german public pushed new goverment not to maintaine Turkish Army. They havent built new cabinet and goverment.

It is possible that we already had bought 250 if not even 500 MTU Engines. They maybe will use them in the first 250 Tanks until another solution is found.

Just a thought.

Also they are being pretty secretive about the engine situation.

Otokar+FNSS doesn't make sense, these companies don't need each other since they are in the same sector

Otokar is the only choice but koç group is hated by our sultans and its pro supporters god bless altay tank from those hyenas

I meant 250 for Otokar and 250 for FNSS. Or just 250 for Otokar. I just want BMC to keep its hands off this project.

Reverse engineer, reverse engineer, reverse engineer. build our own Engine. We must have metallurgist enough to come up with the right mix for such engines.

This engine problem keeps messing us up!

Reverse engineer, reverse engineer, reverse engineer. build our own Engine. We must have metallurgist enough to come up with the right mix for such engines.

On the contrary, Only sustainable solution is ground up engine development. No developed county sustain its military projects by using reverse engineered engines. Only Iran and China is using reverse engineered engines but Both Country's engine projects are known to have many problems. So they are not good examples.

Regardless of the shortcomings, it’s better than not having anything. And if you believe in turkish engineers, then shouldn’t you believe that we can overcome those obstacles ?

I cant belive how stupid our leaders are.. they like to be dominated and humilated its like a fetish..

if they would have started a project 5 years ago I really belive they would have an engine and transmission with 1400 or more HP now or the upcoming next yaers..

our ppl are full of willpower and they have invention spirit but our leaders are wasting it ..

and I also belive if they would have reverse engineered it they could improve it in the next future or get the knowhow for new engines.. we should have leaders who put tümasan Otokar and maybe aselsan together pay them and let them build an engine and than a whole engine family.. with such an clear message and clear orders I am sure our turikish engineers would build an satisfying engine

I cant belive how stupid our leaders are.. they like to be dominated and humilated its like a fetish..

if they would have started a project 5 years ago I really belive they would have an engine and transmission with 1400 or more HP now or the upcoming next yaers..

our ppl are full of willpower and they have invention spirit but our leaders are wasting it ..

and I also belive if they would have reverse engineered it they could improve it in the next future or get the knowhow for new engines.. we should have leaders who put tümasan Otokar and maybe aselsan together pay them and let them build an engine and than a whole engine family.. with such an clear message and clear orders I am sure our turikish engineers would build an satisfying engine

I've mentioned previously that when I was in Ankara, I asked a young engineer who was working for koc, why we're not building an engine to Altay, and he said we could but it was all because of politics.

Now I don't know if AKP and RTE don't like Koc because he is not their buddy, but if Koc can make it, then give it to KOC, even the Altay! Just make the TANK!

I've mentioned previously that when I was in Ankara, I asked a young engineer who was working for koc, why we're not building an engine to Altay, and he said we could but it was all because of politics.

Now I don't know if AKP and RTE don't like Koc because he is not their buddy, but if Koc can make it, then give it to KOC, even the Altay! Just make the TANK!
I agree.

We have lost so many thing in every area because of a man's giant, fat, juicy EGO!

Regardless of the shortcomings, it’s better than not having anything. And if you believe in turkish engineers, then shouldn’t you believe that we can overcome those obstacles ?
Actually, No it isn't better than nothing because you can't solve those problems without fully understanding how that engine works. And you can't understand how that engine works if you didn't designed the engine in the first place. Every design decisions is made for for reason which is forget after development project completed. That is how any engineering projects works not only engine development programs. That is the obstacle causing problems to China even though they have a lot of good engineers trying to solve these problems.

And without fully working flawless engines you can't deploy such systems.

Well, from the AMA we know that if the government wants to fund it, then we can make it. I would assume that the companies who've dealt with engines and vehicles longest and who has the biggest facilities and qualified personelle would be the best option. In my opinion that translates to Koc or BMC and perhaps some others.

Siktir lan, tümosan nın mı suçu Avusturya lı firma destek verecekti sonra yasaklandı? Sen 1500 bg lı motor tasarım o kadar kolay mı zan ediyorsun? Güney Kore bile yapamadı ve hale daha sorun yaşıyor!!! Eğer Koç motor yapabilseydi niye bütün otobüsler deutz motorla çalışıyor? Bir bok dan anlamıyorsun ama laklak etmeye biliyorsun!!!!
İn eng
Everyone think that’s just an easy task to develope an 1500 hp Diesel engine
Tümosan should get help Steyr but the Austrian government denied it. Even South Korea has still problems with their own engine but our armchair expert thinks that koc could develope the engine! So why do all otokar vehicle, including armoured vehicle, drive with a foreign engine genius?????

You're absolutely right to argue that it isn't an easy task to build a "modern" tank motor. But you're not right with Koc. They built Wankel engines on their own, just prototypes for their cars in 1970s (Anadol). Well, they will not suite a tank but what I'm willing to say is that it must be economically justified to built an engine on your own.

In order to find a genuine consensus regarding which direction we need to take as a country which can built it's own engines we first should change our thinking. But I can't see anything like that in Türkiye.

The austrian company you're talking about is AVL List and not Steyr.

Still my question stays why do all the otobüs small/large,cobra1/2 tulpar,Arma and every other vehicle with the otokar brand drive with a foreign engine?they build so many of these vehicles including civilian but it’s not economical viable? About Steyr mixed it up.

Still my question stays why do all the otobüs small/large,cobra1/2 tulpar,Arma and every other vehicle with the otokar brand drive with a foreign engine?they build so many of these vehicles including civilian but it’s not economical viable? About Steyr mixed it up.

crap brother crap as fak....

Otokar have more then 50 years history when it comes to automotive. And ques what zero innovation, licence production. The country is full of crap tofas, as a company they don't need developing engines. But as a country we need. Fakers turning the topic in politics...

most here seem to forget that the Altay tank is a non licenced turkish copy of the SK K2, with a lengthered hull,Aselsan FCS and human loader instead of an autoloader and some other little changes. Don´t get me wrong it´s still a remarkable tank and i like it but if you ask some of the members here,give it to Otokar because they devoloped it they should build it,bla bla bla,Otokar with zero experience building tracked vehicles until Altay .
and my guess is they developed the Tulpar family because there was little bit of money left of the 500 million developement cost. and the Otokar engineer,give us money and we can develope a 1500 hp diesel engine ,how long it will take,dont ask we can develope it,just give us the contract and the money.......
yürü git!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom