What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

C_T9D2KXcAA_90U.jpg

U r right . How may tons is this type expected to weight?

These armor plates are not heavy as they look

I think it is Aselsan's active protection system with smoke launchers. I found this video, where smoke launchers turn towards incoming threat and make a smoke barrier between threat and the tank, and save the tank.
Haven't changed my mind:)

Empty metal blocks:)

I don't know who the Turan Oğuz is.
But he says this tank has ERA !
What do you think This blocks are Explosive reactive armour or just the empty metal blocks?
This photos are from Tim Fish's twitter. And Trex guy, commenting from just photos.....he is guess is good as mine.

Infact my guess is better than him...it's not Akkor APS...it's a smoke dispenser....most possibly rotating on Z axis and throwing the smoke canister against the direction of ATGM.

As an APS it would be horrible position, at it's will always be blocked by RCS in a direction.

What i wonder is;

In; IDEF-2015
aa1-jpg.219018

In IDEF-2017
C_T9D2KXcAA_90U.jpg

Now the two dots on sides are day and night camera.... i think they placed LWR on the middle... but can it be IRST by a small chance....?

This photos are from Tim Fish's twitter. And Trex guy, commenting from just photos.....he is guess is good as mine.

Infact my guess is better than him...it's not Akkor APS...it's a smoke dispenser....most possibly rotating on Z axis and throwing the smoke canister against the direction of ATGM.

As an APS it would be horrible position, at it's will always be blocked by RCS in a direction.

What i wonder is;

In; IDEF-2015
aa1-jpg.219018

In IDEF-2017
C_T9D2KXcAA_90U.jpg

Now the two dots on sides are day and night camera.... i think they placed LWR on the middle... but can it be IRST by a small chance....?

Looks like SAAB LWS-310. Perhaps Otokar pushing for LEDS-50 ?

leds_system_components_740_740.jpg

Looks like SAAB LWS-310. Perhaps Otokar pushing for LEDS-50 ?

leds_system_components_740_740.jpg

I doubt it. We don't see any other components of such a system there. Plus Aselsan's LWR has changed over time. Current one on website:
LIAS_1.jpg

Older one on Altay:
RNzgxuu.png

Probably it was improved again due to ES.

I doubt it. We don't see any other components of such a system there. Plus Aselsan's LWR has changed over time. Current one on website:
LIAS_1.jpg

Older one on Altay:
RNzgxuu.png

Probably it was improved again due to ES.

LEDS-50 is a softkill system, what we see on Altay looks to be is a softkill system. Otokar is known to license and redesign systems into their own 'image' to make them look 'indigenous' exactly like their turrets - except they get caught out with sensors.
LWS-300.jpg

ldgl8r.jpg

LEDS-50 is a softkill system, what we see on Altay looks to be is a softkill system. Otokar is known to license and redesign systems into their own 'image' to make them look 'indigenous' exactly like their turrets - except they get caught out with sensors.
LWS-300.jpg

ldgl8r.jpg

You might be right bro but, if so, it's even more puzzling because Altay already had a soft-kill system. If Otokar wanted to add a slewing smoke grenade launcher (I'm not sure if the pod with grenades on it even is a slewing type..) Aselsan could design something like that in an afternoon (wouldn't need ultra-high speed servos like Akkor) so I don't understand why they would want to get one from Saab.

ALTAY-AHT URBAN OPERATIONS TANK

ALTAY Urban Operations Tank (ALTAY-AHT) was developed by Otokar on the ALTAY Main Battle Tank (ALTAY MBT) Hull and Turret platform. With asymmetric engagements that mostly transpire in residential areas increasing, Otokar has predicted that the modern armies' need for suitably equipped battle tanks would also increase, and designed ALTAY-AHT Urban Operations Tank with a special team of 20 in as little as five months. With its unique survivability, mobility and fire power capabilities ALTAY-AHT, Urban Operations Tank is differentiated from ALTAY MBT with its armour system, mission equipment and a suspension with torsion bars.

Key specifications of the ALTAY- AHT, Urban Operation Tank designed by Otokar are:

• Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA) and Bar Armour Systems are applied on the tank to enhance its survivability against guided and unguided ballistic missile attacks that pose great threat in 360-degrees for main battle tanks in hybrid and asymmetric combat conditions.
  • Situational awareness improved with the addition of Telescopic Elevated Observation System (EOS), YAMGÖZ system that enables 360-degrees awareness, and repositioning of remote control weapon stations (RCWS).
  • The tank is fitted with a Jammer against remote control IED attacks. The Gunshot Detection System can identify the direction of sniper threats, the Laser Warning System can identify the threats by laser guided anti-tank missiles, and laser range finders that measure distance. The direction of the identified threat can be automatically smoked using the Soft Kill (Smart Smoke Curtain) System. The EOS, RCWS and tank turret can be automatically directed to the threat depending on the user's preference.
  • The tank is fitted with a directional dozer blade that can be operated by the driver, and used for a variety of tasks such as preparing the defence lines, clearing the obstacles on the battlefield, and filling the tank trenches.

ALTAY-AHT URBAN OPERATIONS TANK

ALTAY Urban Operations Tank (ALTAY-AHT) was developed by Otokar on the ALTAY Main Battle Tank (ALTAY MBT) Hull and Turret platform. With asymmetric engagements that mostly transpire in residential areas increasing, Otokar has predicted that the modern armies' need for suitably equipped battle tanks would also increase, and designed ALTAY-AHT Urban Operations Tank with a special team of 20 in as little as five months. With its unique survivability, mobility and fire power capabilities ALTAY-AHT, Urban Operations Tank is differentiated from ALTAY MBT with its armour system, mission equipment and a suspension with torsion bars.

Key specifications of the ALTAY- AHT, Urban Operation Tank designed by Otokar are:

• Explosive Reactive Armour (ERA) and Bar Armour Systems are applied on the tank to enhance its survivability against guided and unguided ballistic missile attacks that pose great threat in 360-degrees for main battle tanks in hybrid and asymmetric combat conditions.
  • Situational awareness improved with the addition of Telescopic Elevated Observation System (EOS), YAMGÖZ system that enables 360-degrees awareness, and repositioning of remote control weapon stations (RCWS).
  • The tank is fitted with a Jammer against remote control IED attacks. The Gunshot Detection System can identify the direction of sniper threats, the Laser Warning System can identify the threats by laser guided anti-tank missiles, and laser range finders that measure distance. The direction of the identified threat can be automatically smoked using the Soft Kill (Smart Smoke Curtain) System. The EOS, RCWS and tank turret can be automatically directed to the threat depending on the user's preference.
  • The tank is fitted with a directional dozer blade that can be operated by the driver, and used for a variety of tasks such as preparing the defence lines, clearing the obstacles on the battlefield, and filling the tank trenches.

It's very good but not enough as long as the AKKOR system (Aselsan) will not be installed.

Back
Top Bottom