What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Personally my favorite Altay photo is this one
C_T9ETXXgAAPcH2.jpg

It looks just so handsome :D
That thing behind him. Are those smoke launchers?

Guys, what do u think about, which version of altay will be ordered by TSK?

My guess is that the woodland green camo Altay is the joint design collaboration of SSM, Otokar, Aselsan and other etc...

While the desert yellow camo Altay is an Otokars own design initiative(just a guess). Otokar probably let its designers loose without restricting themselves to use collaborated parts.

Why I think this? Well the remote controlled weapon station on the green Altay is Aselsan Sarp while the remote weapon station on the desert Altay is Otokar Keskin.

Personally my favorite Altay photo is this one
C_T9ETXXgAAPcH2.jpg

It looks just so handsome :D

I'm asking everybody here!
Are you sure that the new tank is Altay?
By the time I started to think about that it is a Otokar modified Leopard 2.

But why would Otokar out do its own tank design I mean the yellow desert tank has more unique features than the usual green Altay.

Maybe, but we dont actually know how the Akkor will look like. Also, Altay in that picture has already smoke launchers. So i think Turan Oğuz is possibly right about his opinion.

I see it as smoke launchers for now but will be replaced with Akkor in future. Let's wait for it.

Just look at the telescoped commanders periscope I mean that's unique for a tank

C_T9ETXXgAAPcH2.jpg

^I am talking about the optic that goes up and down.

Last edited:

Driver's window is in the middle (Leo 2 left side)

I see it as smoke launchers for now but will be replaced with Akkor in future. Let's wait for it.
I think it is Aselsan's active protection system with smoke launchers. I found this video, where smoke launchers turn towards incoming threat and make a smoke barrier between threat and the tank, and save the tank.

Back
Top Bottom