What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

they want to give BMC-Rheinmetall-Malaysian firm the contract bacuse erdogans son holds some stakes in it.

Altay Tank project should upgrade to heavy battlefield tank.
65 + tons.It is a heavy tank.
We actually have 2 tank programs.First one is Altay and the other one is modern MEDİUM weight tank (MMWT) developed with Indonesia.

they want to give BMC-Rheinmetall-Malaysian firm the contract bacuse erdogans son holds some stakes in it
SSK has 3 option in reality for Altay Production.Otokar, BMC and FNSS.
As we see production line for Altay is not a easy task.Only 35 tanks for two years.
Otokar is enough for Turkey but it is not enough for export.
We must export it especially to middle-east and to Africa. Exporting main battle tank (arms) is not only important for money also it gives a strategic advantage to effect politics and army of the countries which we will sell.
They must be choose one more firm for export. If they dont choose two firms(not important their names for me all of them our firms)they loose the potential buyers.
FNSS got enough contracts for TSK and for export and MMWT is not included to this.
Otokar must be main firm and BMC must be the second.

Last edited:
Production lines do not work as the way you guys think. They usually tend to start with lower numbers and peak at some point. Thus, the number will increase as the years pass by.

Actually, this is why this country educate that many industrial engineers. Even though they are not really engineers, they still matter :-)

Last edited:
Production lines do not work as the way you guys think. They usually tend to start with lower numbers and peak at some point. Thus, the number will increase as the years pass by.

Actually, this is why this country educate that many industrial engineers. Even though they are not really engineers, they still matter :-)

you are right , it's called LRIP - Low rate initial production, it's normal that the first year or two they will manufacture small number of tank before going full rate mass production

i'm sure that turkey won't have a problem to produce at least 100 ALTAY tank per year , it just will take some time to achieve that

65 + tons.It is a heavy tank.
We actually have 2 tank programs.First one is Altay and the other one is modern MEDİUM weight tank (MMWT) developed with Indonesia.

SSK has 3 option in reality for Altay Production.Otokar, BMC and FNSS.
As we see production line for Altay only is not a easy task.Only 35 tanks for two years.
Otokar is enough for Turkey but it is not enough for export.
We must export it especially to middle-east and to Africa. Exporting main battle tank (arms) is not only important for money also it gives a strategic advantage to effect politics and army of the countries which we will sell.
They must be choose one more firm for export. If they dont choose two firms(not important their names for me all of them our firms)they loose the potential buyers.
FNSS got enough contracts for TSK and for export and MMWT is not included to this.
Otokar must be main firm and BMC must be the second.
IIRC the Turkish government has yet to reward the initial production contract, but Otokar said it was ready to begin manufacturing. So it seems the issue is a regulatory/government one, not technical.

I believe there are technical issues there might be here here engineers,there would be agree with that such as a Turkish Company tried to produce flagship engine,after a few years the engine program fail.Real question this
you are right , it's called LRIP - Low rate initial production, it's normal that the first year or two they will manufacture small number of tank before going full rate mass production

i'm sure that turkey won't have a problem to produce at least 100 ALTAY tank per year , it just will take some time to achieve that

If you re talking about engineering,This project has been failed already...Turkish FSNN has been developed light Tank projects,already production line..

Turkish Altay tank project needs to upgrade to Battlefield Tank specifications...otherwise use FNNS products which are more quick and more.

If you re talking about engineering,This project has been failed already
If you are talking about engine you are right but if you are talking about Altay project I am totaly disagree with you.Is this a tank all about a 1500 or 1800 hp engine?
I like Fnss and their mentality but which engine will they use for MMWT?
Is it Turkish? NO.
You dont have any objection to MMWT and to its engine but when it comes to Altay it becomes failure.
Just look at Koreans to see why they used MTU engine until they have developed their ones.We dont know the new engine of Koreans will be successful because they couldnt be developed a successful one at the past. They know the systematic of developing a diesel engine and have better knowhow than us. Tank engine is not like 1.6 or 2.0 diesel engine for Hyundai car.
At the end tank is destroying the enemy targets and if we have a tank we can use another engine and it doesnt matter which one.May be engine cant be as good as MTU engine and transmission cant be as good as RENK transmission but it works and gives detterence to our enemies.

Last edited:
Fixed. There is no engineering problem with Altay tank, its ready to go. Blame decision makers, not the engineers.

So different opinions,This tank doesn't have engine problems for 250 numbers,many engine supply would like supply engine ,however real and main question Altay Tank is really going to be Turkish main Battlefield Tank ?When decision maker decided that Altay tank start or Stop.

Gene cok bilmislerin sacma sapan yorumlariyla konu sisiyor.
Hayatinda bir vida cevirmemis ergenler tank uretim surecini begenmiyor.
O kadar muhendis, burokrat bilmiyor siz biliyorsunuz. Hayret!

Dependence on German should stop. I wrote before that Perkins from UK was successfull tested on Abrams ( desert version) and Pakistan AlKhalid MBT. I am sure that HEMA can adopt , produce transmission systems for Perkins engine. That is my free opinion. 1500 hp Perkins is enough and ready.
The engine is compatible to digital telemetry. @UkroTurk is the Ukrainian engine telemetry compatible ? Thx

they want to give BMC-Rheinmetall-Malaysian firm the contract bacuse erdogans son holds some stakes in it.

Rheinmetall and MTU are not trustable cause hostile policy of EU vs Turkey. You can call it undeclared covert war.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom