What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

The LHD is supposed to hold 13 if not more Altays and they will only produce 35 in two years? That's just pathetic:crazy:

Ridicilous delivery plan.

BMC could do 300 at last

I really wondered who is Turan,What is his education background analysis the defence productions? I came across a few time this Guy,he basically copy paste,he never put a source name etc.

Crazy thing to giving numbers,while everything is planning for this tank

I really wondered who is Turan,What is his education background analysis the defence productions? I came across a few time this Guy,he basically copy paste,he never put a source name etc.

Crazy thing to giving numbers,while everything is planning for this tank

Source is Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM)
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/kurumsal/Documents/SSM_STRATEJIK_PLAN_2017-2021.pdf

aL0oaO.jpg

Number of serial production under Altay Mass Production Project

So 15 will be produced by 2020? that's too small number I know Turkey not in need for it now but I feel this tank will be sold to some countries.
Number is kind of awkward....

If we build 15 tanks per year, it will take 70 years to build the planned 1000 tanks.

Source is Undersecretariat for Defence Industries (SSM)
http://www.ssm.gov.tr/anasayfa/kurumsal/Documents/SSM_STRATEJIK_PLAN_2017-2021.pdf

aL0oaO.jpg

Number of serial production under Altay Mass Production Project
I also don't understand the meaning of, Serial Production Line's Qualification tests.....Never heard such a thing.

There is something wrong with all of our defense programs, they take too damn long.

This tank was supposed to start serial production this year or next year. Do you know how long 2 years is? Maybe they learned something from Euphrates Shield and are modifying some things.

Glad we are upgrading some tanks.

There is something wrong with all of our defense programs, they take too damn long.

This tank was supposed to start serial production this year or next year. Do you know how long 2 years is? Maybe they learned something from Euphrates Shield and are modifying some things.

It's not an easy task, modern tanks are complex machines (especially Altay) when you are thinking of producing couple hundred to a thousand of them you have to think far afield and select materials, components, machinery and manufacturers carefully. Atleast, it'll be ready when AKKOR is expected to have completed qualifications.. In the meantime, we will see Leopard and M60 modernizations..

Back in 2013 they were saying serial production will start in 2015.
In 2015 they said it is going enter into inventory by 2017.
Now it's 2017 and they are saying that serial production will begin in 2020....

I wonder what will they say in 2020 ?

We will buy +- 1000 tanks.

Production must go on for at least 30/40 years, to not to close the line.

1000/30 = ~35 in a year... in early years it is normal ~20.. then production will be 40 per year.

They call it : sürdürülebilir üretim..

1000/30 = ~35 in a year... in early years it is normal ~20.. then production will be 40 per year.

Artik surdunsunler. Ayip oldu artik.

Abi şaka mı yapıyorsun 40 yıl sonra çok eski olacak. Son tank inşa bitecek, ilk tankımız emekli olacak.

IMG_1469.JPG

The U.S made 3000 tanks in four years, producing 1000 tanks in 40 years won't be very beneficial.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom