What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

At a later stage, an RFP was sent to the company and the company submitted its proposal. Then we want it to be revised. That revision was made. During the next meeting, the Defense Industry Executive Committee will evaluate whether or not this proposal is sufficiently competitive. If it is evaluated as a sufficiently competitive proposal, a mass production tender will directly be awarded with the company, but if this is not the case, then an open tender will be realized.”

Does it mean that if Otokar offer will not be accepted, new tender will take place.It may end up with long delays in program.In such a case evaluation progress of new bids could not easily be finalized within 2017. It has been almost 1 year(may be more)since otokar delivered first offer to ssm and still evaluation is going on

Does it mean that if Otokar offer will not be accepted, new tender will take place.It may end up with long delays in program.In such a case evaluation progress of new bids could not easily be finalized within 2017. It has been almost 1 year(may be more)since otokar delivered first offer to ssm and still evaluation is going on

BMC Yönetim Kurulu Başkanı Ethem Sancak, zırhlı taşıma aracı kirpinin son 3-4 yıl içerisinde terör bölgesinde en az 3-5 bin askerin şehit olmasını önlediğini söyledi. Benzer bazı markalarımızı geliştirdiklerini belirten Sancak ALTAY tankına da değindi "Müsteşarlık seri üretim için ihale açacak. Biz de ihaleye girmek için hazırız ve talibiz" diye konuştu.

5853bd0986857628c47469e2

http://www.cnnturk.com/turkiye/sakarya-karasuda-savunma-sanayi-kenti-insa-edecek?page=2

If Ethem Sancak says this you can be sure it's true. I'm not gonna explain it any further since subject would be going into politics....

No suprise, Erdogan hates the Koc family for being kemalist and opposing him. He would rather give it to his buddies where he also will get a part of the cake. We all know it.
Bro, let's not go into politics. If you or our other guys wants to talk about this issue, we should do it in the politics thread.

No suprise, Erdogan hates the Koc family for being kemalist and opposing him. He would rather give it to his buddies where he also will get a part of the cake. We all know it.
really, I personally don't know that! who else doesn "know" that as you do, pls give us some hints?

You think South Korea would let Turkey share its technology with Pakistan?
First ,Pakistan is going on way with its own tank . May be they buy Altay in the future if they need a tank like Altay.
Turkish offers for Pakistan are for Al khalid 2 and are about Roketsan armour,aselsan electronics and optics and RWS.
which tecnology are you talking about?
We uses 120 mm L55 gun which we got help from koreans but Pakistan uses 125 mm gun for tanks.
Modular armour package developed by roketsan with the help of Hyundai Rotem is different than Koreans and all rights belongs to Turkey.
Pakistan can get roketsan armour for Al Khalid but i dont think they can get its technology.May be they offer very critical technology as important as armour technology and can get technology.

First ,Pakistan is going on way with its own tank . May be they buy Altay in the future if they need a tank like Altay.
Turkish offers for Pakistan are for Al khalid 2 and are about Roketsan armour,aselsan electronics and optics and RWS.
which tecnology are you talking about?
We uses 120 mm L55 gun which we got help from koreans but Pakistan uses 125 mm gun for tanks.
Modular armour package developed by roketsan with the help of Hyundai Rotem is different than Koreans and all rights belongs to Turkey.
Pakistan can get roketsan armour for Al Khalid but i dont think they can get its technology.May be they offer very critical technology as important as armour technology and can get technology.
South Korean firms helped you with basically all of your tank technologies. It doesn't belong to you, you cannot export an exported tank with secret technology made by other nations.

South Korean firms helped you with basically all of your tank technologies. It doesn't belong to you, you cannot export an exported tank with secret technology made by other nations.

When you don't know anything about a subject.. the basic is to say nothing about it...
Period
Best regards

Sounds
Thats not very accurate. The only issue with exporting Altay tank is with the engine, which is currently German.

Altay bid was given to "Bayraktar group", failed.
BMC Yönetim Kurulu Başkanı Ethem Sancak, zırhlı taşıma aracı kirpinin son 3-4 yıl içerisinde terör bölgesinde en az 3-5 bin askerin şehit olmasını önlediğini söyledi. Benzer bazı markalarımızı geliştirdiklerini belirten Sancak ALTAY tankına da değindi "Müsteşarlık seri üretim için ihale açacak. Biz de ihaleye girmek için hazırız ve talibiz" diye konuştu.

http://www.cnnturk.com/turkiye/sakarya-karasuda-savunma-sanayi-kenti-insa-edecek?page=2

If Ethem Sancak says this you can be sure it's true. I'm not gonna explain it any further since subject would be going into politics....
Kirpi motor is developed/made by BMC?

I hope we wont lose another 5 years with another "comrade"...

Wrong information:undecided:
İn reality you helped us for most of our tank Technology. You love the money too much.

Last edited:

Where do you know that? Do you has any detail informations of that contract?

That doesn't make any sense. If Erdogan hated the Koc family so much, then why would he go to the opening of their factory?
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/erdogan-icin-erken-acilis-26467578

I read message's like that all the time by the way. Not just about Erdogan or AKP, but about CHP etc. as well and I must say it really annoys me. Because if anyone would want polarization, division and strife in a certain country, then this is the way they would go about. Making political and ideological opponents out to be evil or at the very least corrupt. The sad part is, they talk like this at the top of Turkish politics as well (it did go well for a couple of months after the coup, but they reverted back to old habits), then what would you except people like you and me do? Whether we want to or not, we are going to follow their dumb example.

You can ignore one of the biggest company on its country.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom